National Governors' Federation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:43:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Governors' Federation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Governors' Federation  (Read 3464 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »

OK, we need to start this, because the Regions are getting WAY to disorganized.  I am asking that every region pass an amendement requiring at least the governor to be a member of this.  Lt. Governors will be let in as well.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the regons have been in a state of disorganization, to put it lightly, for over a year. The regions are disorganized because a good number of them have no working government.

And this will fix it (at least some).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the regons have been in a state of disorganization, to put it lightly, for over a year. The regions are disorganized because a good number of them have no working government.

If I was a gambling man, which I am actually, I would bet you any amount of money that it wont.

What's the harm in trying?  And the fact that our President is a pessimist when it comes to Regional gov't doesn't comfort me as a Governor. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »

If I was a gambling man, which I am actually, I would bet you any amount of money that it wont.

What's the harm in trying?  And the fact that our President is a pessimist when it comes to Regional gov't doesn't comfort me as a Governor. Tongue

You don't deserve comfort. You deserve to be thrown out of office.

For what!?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »

Alright - I'll put this just with the September ballot, because I don't want to flood the voters with weekly ballots, and overlapping ballots will just get crazy.

But until then, we can just start whenever - the only reason I want amendments is so that we have universal participation in the future.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »

What exactly do you propose that this group do, Inks?

Set some guidlines to how we as governors run things when we have to work with each other - so set rules for redistricting.  Make sure governors know of legislature that could be passed on to us for voting on - amendments.  Stuff like that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »

Just a little update - there is currently an Amendment being voted on by the people to change the SotU Adress.

I think Pacific is the only one we're waiting on.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »

Since we don't have a SoFA/census - can the Governors do their own count/use the one (I think it was Verily who counted) and start on the process so we don't interfere w/ December elections?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 06:13:28 PM »

We are legally unable to perform a census.

You can perform a census - it's just not legally binding.  But as long as it matches the one the SoFA publishes, it would speed up the process, because you could informally start the redistricting now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies