I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers.. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:45:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers.. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers..  (Read 8900 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 08, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »

Abortion is wrong. Plain and Simple.

(Exceptions:Mother's life is in danger, Incest.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:12:29 PM »

No it's not. What is wrong is overpopulation.

Easy for you to say since you are no longer in your moms stomach. I think you would be singing a different tune if you were.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

No it's not. What is wrong is overpopulation.

Easy for you to say since you are no longer in your moms stomach. I think you would be singing a different tune if you were.

I don't see your point, as fetuses aren't developed enough to be capable of singing.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 11:25:46 PM »

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, buddy.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:42:02 PM »

If there was a god she wouldn't care about something minor like one world out of many with life. She'd have bigger things to care about.

lol, it so stupid i have to laugh at it.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 05:32:39 PM »

If there was a god she wouldn't care about something minor like one world out of many with life. She'd have bigger things to care about.
lol, it so stupid i have to laugh at it.
My posts are VIP quality as I am merely a humble man and here to learn. But seriously why would a deity give a damn about what goes on here? It'd be like a human caring endlessly about a small colony of bacteria. As in ridiculous.

still not taking you seriously,
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 02:50:02 PM »

Buh-buh-but, this is supposed to be the infallible word of God!!! How can mere mortals pick and choose what to believe?!

It's not picking and choosing.  It's a transcending of a command to a principle - clearly Jesus told us that not every OT commandment applied (eye for eye, tooth for tooth --> turn the other cheek), and some commandments were upgraded (committing adultery --> even thinking about a woman in an adulterous manner)

Jesus isn't real.  He is a beloved children's character in the spirit of Mickey Mouse and Snoopy.

O.K. that is complete nonsense. Even mainstream atheists say that Jesus was a real person. There is plenty of evidence supporting this. But Im not going to explain them to you because you believe what you want to be true probably. And you, a person of science, im sure cannot refute this because your almighty scientists and historians and theologions say its true.l
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »

It's not just their wishing to change the status quo that offends me, it is their ignorance of due process. They claim their is a person and that a person is being killed by abortion without objectively proing it beyond a reasonable doubt and there is obviously reasonable doubt at this point. That's why these anti-choicers simply lack civic virtue and are more interested in fmaking people more likely to convert to fundamentalism or catholicism by having the police enforce their theology than the public good....and abortion in history is mixed. Classical Civilizations usually favored it. Confucianism usually was supportive of it. Judaism was mixed, Christianity was mostly opposed, but there was always some dissent on abortion within the church, Islam was about the same as Christianity, the animists were mostly opposed as well as the ancient Persians. Hinduism and Buddhism were opposed at first, but they are begining to shift. The point is that there is no universal natural right for a fetus not be aborted because there is and always has been, and continues to be a reasonable doubt.

Definition of crap
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »

It's not just their wishing to change the status quo that offends me, it is their ignorance of due process. They claim their is a person and that a person is being killed by abortion without objectively proing it beyond a reasonable doubt and there is obviously reasonable doubt at this point. That's why these anti-choicers simply lack civic virtue and are more interested in fmaking people more likely to convert to fundamentalism or catholicism by having the police enforce their theology than the public good....and abortion in history is mixed. Classical Civilizations usually favored it. Confucianism usually was supportive of it. Judaism was mixed, Christianity was mostly opposed, but there was always some dissent on abortion within the church, Islam was about the same as Christianity, the animists were mostly opposed as well as the ancient Persians. Hinduism and Buddhism were opposed at first, but they are begining to shift. The point is that there is no universal natural right for a fetus not be aborted because there is and always has been, and continues to be a reasonable doubt.

I'll try to refute this so-called "argument". Although it is hard to counter something that is baseless as this.

Why should trying to change the "status quo" so offending to you? What's wrong with wanting change?

Just because a human life hasn't reached a stage to satisfy your definition of life doesn't mean we have the right to discriminate against them and treat them as nothing important. That lacks civility, not my position.
You also lack civility by categorizing me as a fundamentalist who only wages this issue to turn people to catholicism. Sorry, but thats completely idiotic.
I believe in this because I respect the sanctity of life.

Confucianism-Wasn't in favor, just left it up to the parents. They had no position on it.
Judaism-Conservative elements opposed;Liberal elements said there was no soul in the first 40 days of the pregnancy.

Protestantism-90% opposed but there are fringe groups who support abortion rights

Buddism- Against

This is not an legal argument to be waged in a courtroom. It is a moral issue that is waged inside the hearts and minds of people. Its just wrong. Plain and simple. Should be wrong whether or not your religious or not.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 02:50:04 PM »

Protestantism-90% opposed but there are fringe groups who support abortion rights

Where are you getting these numbers?  They're complete nonsense.  More than 10% of Protestants support abortion rights.  Why do you think at least 45%+ of the US is pro-choice?

Anyway, if abortion is wrong regardless of whether you're religious, consider that polling indicates that up to 75% of American agnostics and atheists are pro-choice, indicating that many pro-life arguments are theological, and not scientific.  Regardless, many non-religious people may personally oppose abortion, but do not feel the need to legislate their beliefs on others, which is the central focus of this entire debate.

I was talking about their church's position not protestants themselves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies