I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers.. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers.. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a question for Atlas's pro-lifers..  (Read 8889 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: September 15, 2007, 07:33:06 AM »

Yes, but you are basing your interest in it on theological principle, not the public good.

Define public - are the unborn "public?"

If viable life begins at conception, then there's no reason why a woman should have to carry this "life" in her uterus for 9 months.  If the woman so chooses, this viable "life" should be removed from her uterus and expected to sustain itself with care at an adoption center, or maybe your church. 

Somehow, I don't see this happening at conception.

Abortion of viable life is wrong, in my opinion.  Viable life would be a fetus that could survive, even with considerable medical intervention, once born.  There comes a point, however, where even the most advanced technology of today's world cannot save a fetus.  This point needs to be better defined and it needs to be the limit of abortion.

If a woman thinks she may be pregnant and does not wish to have a child, she should first consider adoption and other alternatives, but if she decides to have an abortion (no strings attached in the first trimester, iffy in the 2nd, no in the 3rd), that is her choice.   Not your choice or God's choice or the fetus' choice.  Her choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies