Is Ron Paul "cool"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:51:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Ron Paul "cool"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Is Ron Paul "cool"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Is Ron Paul "cool"?  (Read 8674 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »

Ron Paul is'nt any cooler than any other 60 year old, white, male, Republican.  I think if Libertarians were truely associated with freedom they would caucus with the Democrats rather than the facists I mean Republicans.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »

Putrid
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

Ron Paul is'nt any cooler than any other 60 year old, white, male, Republican.  I think if Libertarians were truely associated with freedom they would caucus with the Democrats rather than the facists I mean Republicans.

The Libertarians need to actually have seats somewhere to caucus with either party.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »

The Libertarians need to actually have seats somewhere to caucus with either party.

What I meant by that was that they work with the Republicans rather than the democrats
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 05:00:21 PM »

No he's not. He's cool to young people that are against the Iraq war. And because young people must like his crazy policies.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »

Of course he is. Anyone who can stand up to the Republicans on civil liberties, warmongering, deficit spending and attempting to "legislate virtue" at the federal level (while still running as one no less) is cool.  He may be a bit out there on some issues, but the GOP needs more men of Paul's character.

And he's one hell of a debater.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »

What I meant by that was that they work with the Republicans rather than the democrats

The Libertarians work with the Republicans as much as the Greens do with Democrats
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »

The Libertarians work with the Republicans as much as the Greens do with Democrats

Well Ron Paul, a former Libertarian presidential candidate is a Republican congressman now. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:09 PM »

Well Ron Paul, a former Libertarian presidential candidate is a Republican congressman now. 

And you can count the number of other times the Libertarians and Republicans have cooperated on one hand, that is if you had lost all 5 fingers on that hand.

And Paul is hardly cooperating with the Republicans, he ran as a Republican because that's the only way to get elected in that district, won a primary through some rather flukey circumstances, and has held it since as an incumbent voting way differently than any other Republican holding that district would.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2007, 10:21:03 PM by Reluctant Republican »

The Libertarians are not quite as friendly with the Republicans as many think. I believe that the Greens and Libertarians tried to get a recount in Ohio in 2004 because they alleged possible voter fraud. And I remember that one Libertarian coordinator urged Democrats to donate to the Badnarik campaign in a swing state [I think Wisconsin, can’t remember.] as a way to help the state go to Kerry. 

Of course, you may be able to find examples of them working with the Republicans as well, but I think it depends on the circumstances. If there was a Democratic president up for reelection, they'd be more critical of him.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »

if having contempt for poor people is cool...then yes he is.

It is of course.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2007, 03:35:26 AM »

The Libertarians are not quite as friendly with the Republicans as many think. I believe that the Greens and Libertarians tried to get a recount in Ohio in 2004 because they alleged possible voter fraud. And I remember that one Libertarian coordinator urged Democrats to donate to the Badnarik campaign in a swing state [I think Wisconsin, can’t remember.] as a way to help the state go to Kerry. 

Of course, you may be able to find examples of them working with the Republicans as well, but I think it depends on the circumstances. If there was a Democratic president up for reelection, they'd be more critical of him.

And Libertarians have complained to the NRA that they're endorsing Republicans over them. I think what got them so mad is that most Libs are more pro-gun than the average GOPer.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2007, 04:55:16 AM »

He's in the Religious Party.. how could he be 'cool'?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »

He's in the Religious Party.. how could he be 'cool'?

Because he doesn't really fit in them at all.

I figured you'd give him some credit though for supporting legalization of prostitution.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies