SurveyUSA (MA-05): Tsongas (D) 51%; Ogonowski (R) 41%.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:09:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SurveyUSA (MA-05): Tsongas (D) 51%; Ogonowski (R) 41%.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SurveyUSA (MA-05): Tsongas (D) 51%; Ogonowski (R) 41%.  (Read 5935 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:05:46 PM »

I am absolutely mesmerized and dumbstruck by this poll.

I would be even more mesmerized and dumbstruck if Ogonowski can actually get to 40% in the general.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:14:17 PM »

This might have been a race, if the NRCC weren't broke.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:27:03 PM »

Whoa, whoa, let's not go crazy here.  Smiley

Besides, if this poll is legit, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NRCC put a couple bucks here anyway.  I mean, after all, it'd be a great morale boost for the party to even come close in a seat like this.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:40:31 PM »

im not going to get too excited.  for two reasons...

1.  i agree with mr. moderate in that i dont think tsongas would be a bad congresswoman if she votes like her late husband.

2.  it is surveyusa.  i doubt whathisname...the fellow trying to get votes on his brother's name, is that close.

if i were a resident of this district, id probably vote for whathisname.  if only because i think massachusetts needs a republican congressman.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »

I told you guys that this would be closer than expected.  Look for the DCCC or Tsongas to start running ads linking Ogonowski to the Conservative leadership in Washington in about two weeks. 
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:19:41 PM »

Whoa, whoa, let's not go crazy here.  Smiley

Besides, if this poll is legit, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NRCC put a couple bucks here anyway.  I mean, after all, it'd be a great morale boost for the party to even come close in a seat like this.

Special elections are notoriously volatile and prone to producing surprising results 9(for example, OH-02). While Tsongas is no Schmidt, I think this race could've been decided by 4-5 points.

I had a dream in which the the NRCC spent $5 million on this race and then defaulted on their loans. Poor Tom Cole was bemoaning his party's fate as the repo fan took all of the NRCC's assets -- maybe then the selfish Republicans who voted for the 2005 bankruptcy bill would gain empathy for the Americans who are screwed every day by credit card companies! Fortunately for the NRCC, the RNC has enough cash to ensure that the House GOP's campaign arm never goes bankrupt.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »

How is some right-wing dumbass in a uniform clearing 40 percent in Massachusetts? The Democrats need to be hitting this guy over and over.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »

How is some right-wing dumbass in a uniform clearing 40 percent in Massachusetts? The Democrats need to be hitting this guy over and over.

You may not agree with the man but DO NOT ING DARE go after him for being in the military.

Shows what an idot you, and your party are turning out to be.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 06:20:46 PM »

Not that I really know anything about this race, but Ogonowski doesn't seem to be very right-wing from a cursory look. He refers to the Iraq War as a 'mistake' and says it was 'wrong to invade Iraq,' favors eliminating don't ask, don't tell, and is pro-choice.

Plus, he lost his brother on 9/11. There might be some sympathy factor involved, perhaps? But whatever, it's not like he'll win.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »

He refers to the Iraq War as a 'mistake' and says it was 'wrong to invade Iraq,' and says it was 'wrong to invade Iraq,' favors eliminating don't ask, don't tell, and is pro-choice.

Dunno, his television spot where he bashes immigrants while wearing his uniform left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

You may not agree with the man but DO NOT ING DARE go after him for being in the military.

Hes not saying that he should be attacked for being in the military.  Attacking him on the issues is more than fair game.  Look what Republicans did to Tammy Duckworth. 
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 07:37:49 PM »

This is Massachusetts... Tongue
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »

This is Massachusetts... Tongue

Trust me, I know how bad Massachusetts can get with political tactics.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »

Exactly where was he bashed for being in the military? No where. get over yourself.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

Exactly where was he bashed for being in the military? No where. get over yourself.

The way the sentence was constructed makes 'uniform' seem like an epithet. Plus, Rob apparently made a pre-judgement without even looking at the guy's positions. And Mike is right about the far left in the Democratic party. If they have their way within the party there will be a Republican victory in 2008.
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »

The way the sentence was constructed makes 'uniform' seem like an epithet. Plus, Rob apparently made a pre-judgement without even looking at the guy's positions. And Mike is right about the far left in the Democratic party. If they have their way within the party there will be a Republican victory in 2008.
I read it as a right wing idiot who happens to be in a uniform or a right wing idiot presented as someone honorable, like someone in uniform.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »

I read it as a right wing idiot who happens to be in a uniform or a right wing idiot presented as someone honorable, like someone in uniform.

Once again, you've prove my point.
TommyC1776
KucinichforPrez

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

Tsongas?  I thought he was dead.  unless it's his wife or someone else.
Conan
conan

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »

Once again, you've prove my point.
What is that point? You're very touchy and sensitive seeing how no one has written anything here attacking the man for being in the military. If your point was about dems and the military, look at congress. We have more veterans and are proud to have them. Multiple were elected last year alone. Why would dems attack someone for being in the military?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »

Tsongas?  I thought he was dead.  unless it's his wife or someone else.

Niki Tsongas is his widow.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »

I don't know everything about Ogonowski, but that which I do know seems to seriously point away from him being a "right-winger."  I'm not sure what makes him a dumbass either, aside from him being of a different party than you, but I digress.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »

Not worth starting a new thread over, but in the Boston Globe today:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »

Not worth starting a new thread over, but in the Boston Globe today:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, I read this. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »

Im going to make a prediction.  Tsongas will lose this race in a huge upset. 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 11:33:07 PM »

Im going to make a prediction.  Tsongas will lose this race in a huge upset. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies