Prostitute says she had sex with Senator Vitter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:12:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Prostitute says she had sex with Senator Vitter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Prostitute says she had sex with Senator Vitter  (Read 2360 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »

Maybe after a Republican wins the Lousiana governorship, Republicans will call for him to resign.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20731442/
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:21:14 AM »

Come FRICKIN' on!  The Republican party is turning into a joke - if a Senator isn't coming out of the closet, he's been having sex w/ a whore!

But let's wait - and see if this one's true (not gonna keep my hopes up) before we completely lose faith in Vitter.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:50:10 AM »

Once again I have to ask ... does it really matter?  If it was between 2 consenting adults and in private I don't care if he gave her $50 in cash after they had sex or if he gave her a good reference.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:59:46 AM »

Hey, senators need some luvin' too.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:54:43 AM »

Once again I have to ask ... does it really matter?  If it was between 2 consenting adults and in private I don't care if he gave her $50 in cash after they had sex or if he gave her a good reference.

I very much doubt it was a mere $50.  I wish!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »

I think I might know the manager of the law office that represents her.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

Of course, it matters. Because of who he is (a Republican senator) and what he stands for (the sanctity of marriage, etc) Wink

Had Vitter never presented himself as "Mr. Family Values", it likely would not really matter at all. It's the sanctimonious hypocrisy that is the issue rather than the act itself

Dave
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:44:19 PM »

Evidence beyond her side of the story (and she's getting compensated for telling it BTW, with a layout in Hustler) would be nice here. The article explicitly states that she has no evidence.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »

Let me make sure I have this straight:  this was five years before he was elected and ended then?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »

After a while of the same allegation concerning the same person over and over again (especially sexual scandals with women), scandal fatigue typically starts to set in.  Democrats should know that from Clinton.  In other words, if a couple of scandals have brought Vitter down to 2-1 approval ratings (it could be lower, but probably not much), more of the same doesn't usually have a greater effect.

Anyway, without hard evidence and the proof to bring charges in court, the effect is pretty much nil.  Sorry, jfern.  Keep bringing up Larry Craig, however.  I think that had a strong negative effect against Republicans as a whole.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »

Let me make sure I have this straight:  this was five years before he was elected and ended then?

What difference does that make? Vitter has been exposed as a sanctimonious hypocrite. End of!

Vitter made the following statement after he was "rumbled":

This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible. Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there - with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way

Was he not married at the time and a member of the House, during which time I doubt he had a socially permissive voting record

Dave
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

What difference does that make? Vitter has been exposed as a sanctimonious hypocrite. End of!

Obviously none since you are the judge and jury.  Maybe your vote in the 2010 Louisiana election will cost him his seat.  Good luck!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »

personal issue.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »

That also happens to be illegal, whether I think it should be illegal notwithstanding.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »

Come on you're not that naive. The fact is, regardless of who they are or what they stand for (or claim to stand for), once an individual enters public service through seeking political office their personal lives (past, present or future) come under scrutiny

Vitter is fair game Wink. If politicians must take 'holier than thou' attitudes then, at least, they should abide by their supposed 'convictions'. They are beyond reproach if they do Smiley

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »

Obviously none since you are the judge and jury. 

That's me. Would it appease you to know, that I stop well short of being an executioner

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now that would be difficult Wink

Dave
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »

It would be a personal issue if he hadn't voted for a constitutional amendment to "preserve the sanctity of marriage."
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »

It would be a personal issue if he hadn't voted for a constitutional amendment to "preserve the sanctity of marriage."

Exactly
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 09:48:25 PM »

Until she shows evidence this is a non-issue. Our local news paper needs something better than this to put on it's front page. http://www.nola.com/ This will be old news by the time 2010 get here. Actually its old news now.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »

Legalize prostitution and gay marriage already. Also Annex Mexico and Canada to make sure the GOP wouldn't win presidential/congressional unless they more or less became liberal(and I mean liberal in the sense of the modern dem sense). WE should break conservatism to the point where it can never rise again. Let's do to the religious right what they do to anyone advocating actual social change as opposed to doing a holding action/reversing their idiocy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 01:57:12 AM »

Legalize prostitution and gay marriage already. Also Annex Mexico and Canada to make sure the GOP wouldn't win presidential/congressional unless they more or less became liberal(and I mean liberal in the sense of the modern dem sense). WE should break conservatism to the point where it can never rise again. Let's do to the religious right what they do to anyone advocating actual social change as opposed to doing a holding action/reversing their idiocy.

I love your mixing of the perfectly reasonable with the impossible and crazy.  I'll chip in - lets raise the top tax rate to 49.5%, and move to Mars.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 08:10:21 AM »

I love your mixing of the perfectly reasonable with the impossible and crazy.  I'll chip in - lets raise the top tax rate to 49.5%, and move to Mars.
Let's not raise the taxes. However expanding the space program is good. Also my ideas are FAR more reasonable than yours.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »

Legalize gay marriage - Yes, absolutely.  Actually I think it is stupid that government has any say when it comes to marriage.  All this really does is discriminate against people who are single.

Legalize prostituition - Actually I tend to think this wouldn't be that bad of an idea.  It should, however, be heavily regulated and taxed for public health reasons.

Annexation of Canada - I think the Canadians might not like this.  At any rate there really is no benefit to annexing Canada as under NAFTA it is as easy to trade with Canada as it is with Alaska.  Adding Canada means dealing with the Quebecois and no one wants that.

Annexation of Mexico - Actually, just in case no one has noticed it yet, Mexico is annexing us.  Mexican immigration into the United States right now is similar to Irish immigration in the 19th century.  A huge group of people pouring into this country and working the worst jobs.  Many of them die on the journey here.  They do it because they want a better life.  They face discrimination and hardships.  Here's where it differs though ... THEY ARE SENDING BILLIONS OF $'s EARNED HERE TO MEXICO.  Did you know that the amount of money earned by the US Auto Industry is the same amount of money as is sent annually from Mexican immigrants back to Mexico?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »

1 Good you agree
2 Good
3 Dealing with Quebec would be no worse than dealing with the south
4 It's either annex and modernize mexico or watch as we end up with most of Mexico's population living here
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »

Annexation of Mexico - Actually, just in case no one has noticed it yet, Mexico is annexing us.  Mexican immigration into the United States right now is similar to Irish immigration in the 19th century.  A huge group of people pouring into this country and working the worst jobs.  Many of them die on the journey here.  They do it because they want a better life.  They face discrimination and hardships.  Here's where it differs though ... THEY ARE SENDING BILLIONS OF $'s EARNED HERE TO MEXICO.  Did you know that the amount of money earned by the US Auto Industry is the same amount of money as is sent annually from Mexican immigrants back to Mexico?

Actually, up until maybe about 30 years ago, remittances (i.e. sending money back to one's family from abroad) formed a noticeable contribution to Ireland's national income. With our economic development, this practice obviously died away. Today, it's actually a noticeable phenomenon that remittances are now leaving the Irish economy towards the homelands of our own newfound immigrant workforce mainly from Eastern Europe.

I would suggest that the remittances to Mexico will continue for some time until it undergoes significant economic development.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies