Fox poll: Giuliani would beat Clinton by 14 points - if terrorist attack happens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:46:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Fox poll: Giuliani would beat Clinton by 14 points - if terrorist attack happens
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox poll: Giuliani would beat Clinton by 14 points - if terrorist attack happens  (Read 1923 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »

NEW YORK —  A majority of Americans say they would feel more comfortable with Rudy Giuliani in the White House than Hillary Clinton if another terrorist attack were to happen in the United States, according to a new FOX News poll.

When compared to other top Republican candidates, more voters see Giuliani as hardworking and as a strong leader, while Clinton leads the Democratic field for not only having the right experience, but also being able to bring about change — as well as doing whatever it takes to win. Views are divided on whether it’s appropriate for Oprah Winfrey to use her celebrity status to encourage support of Barack Obama.

The latest FOX News poll shows that if the United States were hit with a terrorist attack, by a 50 percent to 36 percent margin, Americans would rather have Giuliani in charge than Clinton, including 28 percent of Democrats and an overwhelming 80 percent of Republicans. Independents split in Giuliani’s favor 47 percent to Clinton’s 28 percent.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 11 to Sept. 12. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296714,00.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »

Hopefully Bin Laden doesn't get any ideas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »

Or the Republican Special Teams ... Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »

It would be great if he was arrested before he does another reverse psychology endorsement of the Republicans.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »

No surprise here, Republicans tend to be seen as stronger on national security. After all, the only two democratic presidents in nearly half a century (Carter and Clinton) were terrible foreign policy leaders.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 08:06:21 AM »

No surprise here, Republicans tend to be seen as stronger on national security. After all, the only two democratic presidents in nearly half a century (Carter and Clinton) were terrible foreign policy leaders.

What?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 09:45:54 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2007, 09:47:37 AM by Napoleon Wilson »

What?

I'm quite not sure what's the most hilarious aspect of Naso's post here. Wink

But instead of the obvious one, I will simply go with the fact that he a) seems to consider 30 years to be "nearly half a century" (yeah, 600 years are almost a full millenium too Wink ) or b) recognizes JFK and LBJ as Republican presidents.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 09:59:33 AM »

What?

But instead of the obvious one, I will simply go with the fact that he a) seems to consider 30 years to be "nearly half a century" (yeah, 600 years are almost a full millenium too Wink ) or b) recognizes JFK and LBJ as Republican presidents.

It's been 40 years since LBJ, not 30.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 10:00:45 AM »

What?

1969 to 2009 is 40 years...that's almost half a century.

(R-CA) Nixon (1969-1974)
(R-MI) Ford (1974-1977)
(D-GA) Carter (1977-1981)
(R-CA) Reagan (1981-1989)
(R-TX) Bush (1989-1993)
(D-AR) Clinton (1993-2001)
(R-TX) Bush (2001-2009)

Only two democrats. 5 out 7 Presidents in 40 years are Republicans.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2007, 10:19:34 AM by Napoleon Wilson »

1969 to 2009 is 40 years...that's almost half a century.

What, and now it's 2009 already? Damn, I must have missed two birthdays!!!

Even to call 38 years "almost half a century" is a bit of a stretch... especially considering that 46 years (1961-2007) is even closer to "nearly half a century" and this would mean four democratic presidents instead of two. But it's quite amusing how are you trying to weazel out of this. So, go on please.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »

I'm sure the neocons have something planned as we speak.  This is the only way to keep Hillary from winning and they will do anything to keep the money and the war machine going.  A false flag means a republican in the Whitehouse and bombs headed to Iran.

Somebody call my broaker, I want stock in KBR and Exxon.  If the right wing criminals are going to make money than I may as well too.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »

The thing that boggles my mind is calling Carter and Clinton bad foreign policy presidents.

Ok, the Iranian episode was bad - but he did broker the ONLY lasting ME Peace Agreement. Clinton had the 1993 Accords (1998 kinda screwed things), the overthrow of Milosevic, working with Blair over N.Ireland.

You do realise foreign policy and military policy are at time separate things. Bush has turned international diplomacy into an d**k measuring contest... with not wholly positive outcomes.

Funnily, the only thing this poll tells me again, is that Giuliani's only ONLY claim as presidential candiate was who he was and where he was on 9/11.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 10:55:57 AM »

The thing that boggles my mind is calling Carter and Clinton bad foreign policy presidents.

Yeah, that's the one I called "obvious". Wink
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 05:04:06 PM »

Why would the neocons worry about Clinton getting in? She agrees with their foreign policy views.
Angel of Death
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »

I can't believe how stupid Americans are in not realizing how the Republicans are trying to have it both ways when it comes to the occurrence of terrorist attacks.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 07:06:32 PM »

What are retarded poll question.

They should ask what if aliens invaded the earth next.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »

Carter and Clinton were more successful foreign policy-wise that Ronald "Overthrow democracies, replace 'em with fascists" Reagan and George W. "Worst foreign policy disaster in our nation's history" Bush.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »

Typical of FOX News and typical of the right-wing media. Always trying to scare people, no it seems they've even done it with opinion polling. If they really wanted to scare people they should have asked, would you vote for Rudy Giuliani over Hillary Clinton if a terrorist attack occured, if Giuliani was in drag.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

Why would the neocons worry about Clinton getting in? She agrees with their foreign policy views.

Good point!!!!!!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »

What if the zombies of soldiers came back to vote democratic?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 03:17:57 AM »

Murdoch is pushing for a Clinton-Giuliani election because then either way he wins in the end.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 03:53:41 AM »

With all due respect, is this the first you have heard of the Carter presidency?  Carter's foreign policy was as big and bad a joke as Bush's malapropisms.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »

With all due respect, is this the first you have heard of the Carter presidency?  Carter's foreign policy was as big and bad a joke as Bush's malapropisms.

Respectfully - Carter made some WHOPPER mistakes (his handling of Iran in particular) - the Nicarguan Ports issue, I'm aware of that - but the Egypt-Israel Agreement is the only one to last.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »

Murdoch is pushing for a Clinton-Giuliani election because then either way he wins in the end.
Truth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies