Justice for OJ Simpson may come after all...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice for OJ Simpson may come after all...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Justice for OJ Simpson may come after all...  (Read 6630 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »

in the past, opebo has said that oj is a 'cool' guy.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 06:40:20 PM »

We can only hope.  In the meantime, black coworkers at my office are busy blaming the media for 'harassing' him...   Roll Eyes
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »

Jury Nullification probably helped OJ the first time, and I think that had to do much more with race than OJ's wealth

No kidding.  I recall hearing something at the time referring to a poll that said that pretty well all white people thought he was guilty and pretty well all black people thought he was innocent.  Kinda sad, really.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »

Most of the blacks I know think he was guilty.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »

Most of the blacks I know think he was guilty.

Same here.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »

He got out on bail.  Well good for him.
Conan
conan

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »

I feel a bit sorry for him. No way will he get a fair trial here, and I heard one guy does not even want to testify against him. It's a shame if he goes away just out of spite.

Well he did kill two people and write a book about it. That kind of makes it hard to feel too bad for him.
OJ was aquitted. There is a reason why he didn't go to jail. If it's good enough for his children to believe him, why shouldn't it be good enough for us all?

Is that meant to be a serious statement?
Yes. OJ was not convicted of murder and the police did a sh**tty job. Nicole Brown Simpson's children believe their father is innocent, the glove did not fit, police broke policy and law in regards to their handling of the evidence, and Goldman/Brown-Simpson  were dealing with some shady people...drug dealers and mafiosos. However, I just accept his innocence because he was aquitted and his children believe him.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »

You do realize that there are other reasons someone can be acquitted besides the person actually being innocent, yes?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 04:42:15 PM »

I feel a bit sorry for him. No way will he get a fair trial here, and I heard one guy does not even want to testify against him. It's a shame if he goes away just out of spite.

Well he did kill two people and write a book about it. That kind of makes it hard to feel too bad for him.
OJ was aquitted. There is a reason why he didn't go to jail. If it's good enough for his children to believe him, why shouldn't it be good enough for us all?

Is that meant to be a serious statement?
Yes. OJ was not convicted of murder and the police did a sh**tty job. Nicole Brown Simpson's children believe their father is innocent, the glove did not fit, police broke policy and law in regards to their handling of the evidence, and Goldman/Brown-Simpson  were dealing with some shady people...drug dealers and mafiosos. However, I just accept his innocence because he was aquitted and his children believe him.

You do realize he wrote a book about how he killed them right?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 04:55:29 PM »

Also Simpson was found guilty in the civil trial.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 05:06:45 PM »

Conan
conan

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »

No he wasn't. He was found liable. But that doesnt mean anything.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »

It means that a jury found that he was, more likely than not, the killer of Nicole and Ron.  So, yeah, it kinda does mean something.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »

That is a ghetto cover. I far prefer the old version. But the police tape is just tacky.

But yeah, I think OJ will elude justice again, but that's just a gut feeling. One of the key witness's just had a massive heartattack, and if he dies, that could hamper the case a bit. The only solid piece of info I've seen is the tape, and the defense is already trying to shoot holes in that.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »

He was found responsible for deaths thanks to the absolutely overwhelming amount of evidence provided. Even Opebo, who likes to defend him for some reason, admits he "offed" them.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »

From my understanding the glove didn't fit because OJ spread his fingers out when putting it on at trial and the prosecution was too stupid to point that out.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »

From my understanding the glove didn't fit because OJ spread his fingers out when putting it on at trial and the prosecution was too stupid to point that out.

Also, you can't try a bra on over a sweater.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 04:37:49 AM »

yes, he is that.  But more to the point, we should always cheer when a black escapes the police - it is such a rarity.  The pigs have been dying to get him ever since.

Why do you think all these white kids are so pleased to think he'll thrown in jail on this ridiculous trumped up charge?  Racism.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 04:52:12 AM »

Look, I know its naive as hell, but I im not 100% sure OJ killed his wife. (80% or so, perhaps)

However, I think that some of these charges do need to be carried out, either way. Enough to put him away for life though? Some of those guys with him maybe, but he himself? I think not.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 07:50:44 AM »

Look, I know its naive as hell, but I im not 100% sure OJ killed his wife. (80% or so, perhaps)

However, I think that some of these charges do need to be carried out, either way. Enough to put him away for life though? Some of those guys with him maybe, but he himself? I think not.

If he's convicted his sentences would probably be done concurrently. Though dependent on the longest sentence he might die in prison given his age.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure he'll be convicted this time. The trial will be in Las Vegas after all, meaning the jury will be mostly if not all white/Hispanic.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

yes, he is that.  But more to the point, we should always cheer when a black escapes the police - it is such a rarity.  The pigs have been dying to get him ever since.

Why do you think all these white kids are so pleased to think he'll thrown in jail on this ridiculous trumped up charge?  Racism.

Why do you hate the white Opebo?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »

The correct phraseology is 'why do you hate a white, Opebo?'  Of course the answer is I don't.  Recognizing someone else's hate is not to hate them.  After all the working-class white is merely duped into hating the black for obvious reasons.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 05:53:31 PM »

The correct phraseology is 'why do you hate a white, Opebo?'  Of course the answer is I don't.  Recognizing someone else's hate is not to hate them.  After all the working-class white is merely duped into hating the black for obvious reasons.

You don't seem to care that OJ killed people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies