Do you want Dazzleman to Return?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:49:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you want Dazzleman to Return?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Do you want Dazzleman to return to this forum?
Yes

No

Who is Dazzleman?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Do you want Dazzleman to Return?  (Read 6581 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 07:46:01 AM »

Oh, and my answer is yes. I hardly ever agreed with him and sometimes he would say things that would irritate me a great deal... but he was capable of putting forward arguments in an intelligent way (when he wanted to).

Regardless, this place could do with some more balance, politically; the quality of debate as regards American politics has collapsed of late.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

Hear hear!!!!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »

This forum is perhaps the only one on the interwebs where members hold debates over whether or not a forty-something former member was sexually attracted to two neo-nazi teenagers.

Maybe, but on other forums I've seen stranger.

I also just learned today that apparently Ron Paul has become cool among "scene" people as well. Not that I'm surprised, I've seen more Ron Paul 2008 buttons around campus than for any other candidate.

I'm guessing if daddy wasn't so generous with these kid's tuition money, Ron Paul would be doing a lot worse.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »

This forum is perhaps the only one on the interwebs where members hold debates over whether or not a forty-something former member was sexually attracted to two neo-nazi teenagers.

Maybe, but on other forums I've seen stranger.

I also just learned today that apparently Ron Paul has become cool among "scene" people as well. Not that I'm surprised, I've seen more Ron Paul 2008 buttons around campus than for any other candidate.

I'm guessing if daddy wasn't so generous with these kid's tuition money, Ron Paul would be doing a lot worse.

Or most such people don't know anything about Ron Paul besides his positions on Iraq, the War on Drugs and his current bandwagon support.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »

Oh, and my answer is yes. I hardly ever agreed with him and sometimes he would say things that would irritate me a great deal... but he was capable of putting forward arguments in an intelligent way (when he wanted to).

Regardless, this place could do with some more balance, politically; the quality of debate as regards American politics has collapsed of late.

Agreed wholeheartedly. On a personal level he was very nice and civil.  He helped me a tremendous amount emotionally when I was going through my divorce.

He was and is a great guy. Obviously we don't see eye to eye politically at all, but I can see why he views the world the way he does given his upbringing and experiences, and I think he felt the same towards me.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »

Yes
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »

Absolutely!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of ambivalent.  Sure, dazzleman tended to be cordial, but he was also one of the most unreasonable persons I'd ever met.  Every single time I tried to note that I was personally part of the group he was claiming to know everything about, he'd just say something dumb like "oh, well you don't count" or "well, you're not that liberal" or my personal favorite, "it's just a generalization, don't take it so seriously".  Drove me up the wall like nobody's business.  It was like hitting my head against a brick wall, and was about as painful.

You cannot seriously claim that he was MORE unreasonable than the average forum member? He was a nice person and one of the few people towards the end who would take the trouble of bringing forward coherent arguments and honest positions, rather than dumbass one-liners or tired hackery. Most of the people in this thread not wanting him back are way below him in posting quality. He had an irrational hostility toward liberals, but most people on this forum has at least one irrational hatred. It isn't much of a reason to want someone removed. What I find especially amusing about the so-called peadophilia is that this is coming from people who have no problem with/worships Opebo and otherwise have shown nothing in the way of good taste, common decency and non-disturbed behvaiour.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »

Yes!

I miss him. We didn't agree on anything but he was very nice, and he could form a coherent arguement, which is a talent that we need around here. Also, like Al said, we need more Republicans around here.

Sometimes when I see AndrewCT's posts, I think its Dazzleman.

Glad to hear that Captain Vlad is gone. He lost a lot of credibility after his sudden conversion from Independent to hardcore right winger.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »

Glad to hear that Captain Vlad is gone. He lost a lot of credibility after his sudden conversion from Independent to hardcore right winger.

That guy shot around the political compass like a pinball, and yet he never got anywhere near as much flak as people like Josh22 do.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »

That guy shot around the political compass like a pinball, and yet he never got anywhere near as much flak as people like Josh22 do.

I had much more of a problem with Vlad than I do with Josh. I just never liked the guy, maybe it was his whole "vampire" persona.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

See above.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

Well, Id prefer if he stayed out of serious political commentary, as he is nothing but pathetic as far as politics, but he wasnt a terrible guy otherwise, as Joe said. Still, he was pretty crazy. Id rather not have him back, but wouldnt support working to keep him away if he tried to return.
Judging from the posts I've seen, I'm going to have to second that.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »

Dazzleman certainly had his flaws (overgeneralizations of liberals, feminists, etc.), but he did contribute well to the forum.

BTW, doesn't it seem like dazzleman and MarkDel had a lot of common traits (I'm not saying they're the same person because they aren't). For example, both had a hatred of liberals/Democrats, yet neither was ultra-right wing.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2007, 06:27:21 PM »

Aye.  Good policy debates in particular have become rare.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »

As I recall, "that guy" was able to express himself coherently.  He also had only one sudden conversion instead of twenty or thirty.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »

As I recall, "that guy" was able to express himself coherently.  He also had only one sudden conversion instead of twenty or thirty.
He expressed himself coherently, but usually whenever you punctured through the rhetoric his posts were full of bullsh**t.  Also, it was not one sudden conversion, he darted to every side of the compass at least once.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »

I'm not endorsing him for anything, but even if he tried every party once, that's still better than trying every party ten times and every time making a big announcement about it; that's just sad.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »

He also had only one sudden conversion instead of twenty or thirty.

I guess you don't remember Ferdinand.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »

He went from a libertarian-leaning independent to a populist-leaning Democrat back to a libertarian-leaning independent to a liberal Democrat to a libertarian-conservative Republican to a Green. So he has more than one conversion.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2007, 08:40:54 PM »

Still YES!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »

He went from a libertarian-leaning independent to a populist-leaning Democrat back to a libertarian-leaning independent to a liberal Democrat to a libertarian-conservative Republican to a Green. So he has more than one conversion.

Are you writing a report on the guy?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:48 PM »

Are you writing a report on the guy?

I have a mild form of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory

That's also why I'm able to bring up specific posts and comments other posters have made far in the past.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

...stalker..
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

If I was a stalker I would've kept a screenshot of dazzleman's pedophiliac comments as requested earlier in this thread. Anyway I was talking about Vlad, not dazzleman there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies