Senate Debate on the Sudan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:44:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Debate on the Sudan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Debate on the Sudan  (Read 3501 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: July 31, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

The exit strategy is as follows.  We will defeat the northern government's military and paramilitary forces, and when this is done, the US will end combat operations.

How can yopu be certain this will be the case? We were meant to beat the Vietnamese communists, but ended up ibn a messy and eventually unsucessful war on the other side of the world. How can we be sure this won't be the case again?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which nations? All nations in Africa are on Amnesty International's watchlist, some wth more severe catergories then others. It is better to have two allies wth no problems then 50 with 50.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you feeli it is wise to allow the local militias and police to run this kind of operation? Haven't our previous experiences taught us anything?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 12:54:24 AM »

I will vote yes for the first bill. Te second one has a large problem-it says East africa. Whilst I know that we will need to use neighbouring countries in the aid of Sudan, thuis needs to be either specific to Sudan or to Sudan and our regional allies.Also, is all of the $4 billion necessary? I understand that for best practice, maybve doule that is needed, for for minimal casualties, and maximum efficiency, is $4 billion the right number?

I also suggest that the Department finds ways to be more efficient, especially with vehicles and transport, but this can wait until after the Sudan crisis, I believe.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 01:27:55 AM »

I can agree to accepting the $4 billion ollars, but I would request that you look into ways of imporving vehicle and transport costs without 'skimping'.

Again, I have problems with East Africa. That could be anything from South Africa to Egypt via the Seychelles if the President wanted to interpret it that way.

I would once again request you limit it to just Sudan and our regional allies.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 01:30:54 AM »

Thank you, Secreatary. I hope you can understand my 'pigheadedness' on this issue.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 02:08:32 AM »

I forgot to officially both

Bill1: Aye
Bill2: Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies