Senate Debate on the Sudan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:53:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Debate on the Sudan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Debate on the Sudan  (Read 3504 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: July 31, 2004, 02:35:10 PM »

What exactly are we debating?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 04:20:08 PM »

I have some questions for the secretary of defence.  First of all, what exactly do we hope to accomplish by our troop deployments to the Suden?  How will we measure when the job is done?  What is our exit strategy?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

Sec. Ford,

Thank you for your answers to my questions.  I have only one further question:  How are we planning on ending the genocide and accomplishing our goals without a large troop deployment?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 01:56:40 AM »

Nay on both.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 02:03:35 AM »

I must explain my vote.  Although I am typically a very hawkish person, I do not feel that Atlasia should rush to use force against countries who do not threaten our national security and whose defeate would not further our national interests.  Because I believe this proposed excursion into the Sudan to be ill advised, I also voted against the money to fund it.

However, I do not propose inaction.  I propose that the administration use its powers of persuasion and the funds that we could save by not deploying our own troops to encourage and help fund a military incursion by one or more of the Sudan's African neighbors to end the genocide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies