Do you approve or disapprove of your Congressman?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you approve or disapprove of your Congressman?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you approve or disapprove of your Congressman?
Strongly approve

Somewhat approve

Neutral

Somewhat disapprove

Strongly dispprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Do you approve or disapprove of your Congressman?  (Read 7055 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »

Somewhat Disapprove (John Campbell). Hasn't really done anything in particular to get me mad, but, given the R next to his name, he is probably a religious righter.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »

Strongly Disapprove (Nita Lowey, NY-18)

Might be out of my district in a year or two...if Hillary vacates the Senate seat, she could very well replace her.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »

Strongly disapprove:
1) She's opposite of me politically
2) She's corrupt
3) Her whole family is corrupt
4) She plays the race card
5) Her office is highly disorganized and not helpful at all.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2007, 02:01:23 AM »

NY-03 Peter King STRONGLY disapprove
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »

I voted somewhat approve for Carnahan's kid - because he is a democrat.  He's even probably a fairly liberal one for Missouri, but obviously I'm not going to full approve of anyone who can get elected.

What I don't get is all the people talking about 'he's competent', 'she works hard', etc., on here.  People, they're congressmen - what do they have to do?  Just vote with the party.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »

I changed my mind about Campbell after he got a 100% from the Club for Growth. Now I have him as somewhat approve.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:51 AM »

Strongly disapprove of Mike McCaul (R). But he did help me get my passport.

Still, I disagree with everything he says/votes for.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »

nice thread, memphis.  Mostly because it inspired me.  I must admit I had no idea who my current congressman is, and hadn't thought much of it, till I saw your thread.  I have learned that I live in CD 1 and my congressman is one Bruce Braley.  And he lives about nine miles from me at the moment.  He's married, about to turn fifty, and has a doctorate of jurisprudence degree from the University of Iowa. 

I looked at his website and, based on his self-styled priorities, and in particular his position on US military involvement in Iraq, I'll tentatively vote that I "somewhat approve" of him.  I don't agree with one hundred percent of his positions, but I agree with the majority of them and I agree generally with the way he prioritizes.  I can't seem to find whether he has taken the earmark transparency pledge.  That would seal the deal.  Where can I find that information?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2007, 08:30:18 PM »

Disapprove of Lincoln Diaz-Balart [R] politically, but he's good with the constituents.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »

Strongly disapprove of Tim Murphy (R-PA).  He's lazy and sleazy and corrupt.  He has used political intimidation and repeatedly mixed campaign activities and official government work in an unethical fashion (basically using taxpayer money for his reelection campaign).
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »

Strongly disapprove of Jo Ann Davis (R-VA), she doesn't do anything and just gets by being nice and motherly.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »

Silly me, my representative changed since I moved. Marcy Kaptur is quite tolerable. Doesn't make many waves, seems blindly partisan sometimes, but she has good priorities.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »

Neutral.  Capuano wouldn't have been my first choice, but at the very least, he's a hometown boy.  I guess that should count for something.  (I guess.)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »

Neutral.  Capuano wouldn't have been my first choice, but at the very least, he's a hometown boy.  I guess that should count for something.  (I guess.)

he used to be my congressman.  he also used to be my mayor before he was my congressman.
Mesu
Rookie

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

Adrian Smith(R)

somewhat disapprove because he's only a generic republican. Our governor is much worse.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2007, 09:16:11 PM by angus »

nice thread, memphis.  Mostly because it inspired me.  I must admit I had no idea who my current congressman is, and hadn't thought much of it, till I saw your thread.  I have learned that I live in CD 1 and my congressman is one Bruce Braley.  And he lives about nine miles from me at the moment.  He's married, about to turn fifty, and has a doctorate of jurisprudence degree from the University of Iowa. 

I looked at his website and, based on his self-styled priorities, and in particular his position on US military involvement in Iraq, I'll tentatively vote that I "somewhat approve" of him.  I don't agree with one hundred percent of his positions, but I agree with the majority of them and I agree generally with the way he prioritizes.  I can't seem to find whether he has taken the earmark transparency pledge.  That would seal the deal.  Where can I find that information?

well, memphis, I spoke too soon.  I just caught a segment on my local news about Bruce.  Apparently he's all about pushing Mr. Bush to sign the anti-trucking bill into law.  Typical redneck flyover country Democrat.  (Union, yes!  big thumbs up.  yipee.)  No thanks.  The only folks who win will be truckers unions.  I have to agree with Bush on this one.

If I could change my vote I might.  Of course this is only one issue, but I've only just begun paying attention, quite frankly, and if protectionism is his idea of governance than I'm apt to give him a thumbs down.  I'll stay tuned and see.  In the meanwhile, take a good look at this asshole.  He'll need a much bigger hat to keep that wicked L.A. sun off his large ass.  Too bad he wants to help jack up the prices of those well-made mexican hats.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2007, 08:12:48 AM »

Kirsten E. Gillibrand (NY-20)

Somewhat approve.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35