South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:24:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters  (Read 3249 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 08:57:39 PM »

Well, could you (or better yet, Colin) explain to me why, if this amendment has little to do with regional rights, then why did our president have to say that he doesn't care about the regions or their powers in his defense of the amendment? If he can do that, I will apoligize and take back everything I've said. I actually sponsered four amendments, but only two of them made it to the ballot. I wanted to open the voting booth when the governor was absent, but due to a certain vice-president harrasing me about it over non-existant constitutional issues (which were upheld to be non-existant by the Midwest's very own governor), I didn't want to do so, for fear that Jas would hassle me about it again. Also, I should mention that I cannot regularly propose bills to the Midwest, as we only have elections on propositions every two months.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »

Well, could you (or better yet, Colin) explain to me why, if this amendment has little to do with regional rights, then why did our president have to say that he doesn't care about the regions or their powers in his defense of the amendment?

Well that's an easy question to answer, it's called rhetorical hyperbole. I was trying to hammer home the point that at this point in time I really have no other concerns than seeing proportional representation pass, period. End of story. I don't care about anything else, especially squabbles and attacks by regional officials over keeping a minor and auxiliary power, especially when such a large and much needed reform such as proportional representation is being discussed. I thought the entire anti-amendment arguement that I've heard so far to be utterly petty and not be about the amendment and what it wanted to accomplish at all. Look I actually wouldn't have minded as much if the anti-amendment people had said they were against it because they didn't think, logistically, PR could work in Atlasia, or that they thought STV was too complex, or if they thought that PR, as an idea, was bad.

In the case of getting PR passed though I don't care about anything except making sure this reform comes into being. I don't care about my power, or my ability to be re-elected to this office, or else I would have stayed on the sidelines and not gotten involved in the debate like most Atlasians who have called themselves President. I don't care about the petty squabbles of regional officials over a small matter such as drawing district boundaries. I only care about reform and changing the Atlasian election system slightly to keep things interesting, my goal and objective at this moment is PR. That is what I meant.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

Also, I should mention that I cannot regularly propose bills to the Midwest, as we only have elections on propositions every two months.

Of course you can.  Propose whenever you come up with them, and vote on them during the election.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 06:58:48 AM »

I've sponsered two amendments to the Midwest Constitution, took part in a constitutional crisis, and attempted to open a voting booth (the latter of which you yourself prevented me from doing, even though the current governor later affirmed that what I had done was constitutional). To accuse me of doing less than I should have is acceptable, but to completely discredit my service as lieutenant governor is a disgrace.

FTR, I would maintain that your action in opening that voting booth was at best legally dubious and at worst unconstitutional. My reasoning derives from the reading of Section I, Article 3 of the Midwest Constitution in combination with Article VII, Section 2 of the Federal Constitution.

Only the Supreme Court can ultimately decide if your actions were constitutional or not - my belief is that your actions were not and that when dealing with issues such as Federal Amendments, it is better to be sure.

Further, I didn't prevent you from continuing with the booth - I merely protested your action. You conceded to my argument and locked the booth yourself adding that it would be better had the issue not be raised again.

In fact, I probably would have done more as lt. governor had you not harrased me with the voting booth, which scared me from doing anything else! You shouldn't be one to criticize me for doing something as a lt. governor and then go on to complain about how I don't do anything as lt. governor!

An interesting argument. I didn't realise I had a record of striking fear into the hearts and minds of Atlasians. However, clearly you have overcome these issues - what do you plan on doing in the near future as Lt. Governor?

I wanted to open the voting booth when the governor was absent, but due to a certain vice-president harrasing me about it over non-existant constitutional issues (which were upheld to be non-existant by the Midwest's very own governor), I didn't want to do so, for fear that Jas would hassle me about it again.

If the Governor had been absent (in accordance with the terms of the Midwestern 9th Amendment) then you would have been Acting Governor and entitled to open the booth. He wasn't, so you weren't.

The Constitutional argument I made is very real. I outlined it above and at the time of the booth being opened. I don't recall ever coming across your rebuttal.

Also, I should mention that I cannot regularly propose bills to the Midwest, as we only have elections on propositions every two months.

You can propose bills every day of the week if you so wish. There is absolutely no restriction of any kind to prevent you from doing so. None. At All.

But then seeing as you and I seem to have divergent views on Midwestern law, you could enlighten me as to your reasoning here.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »

Campaign Stop from Dallas, Texas

Good afternoon, Texas. As you might have noticed, I filled out the voters' issues survey last night. Our campaign has now entered October, so we will now be getting into high gear. I would just like to reiterate that I am hoping for more active conservative-leaning members in Atlasia, as they are a key to balance. I wish my former opponent, the honorable Lewis Trondheim luck in his reelection campaign, as I do to the honorable Sam Spade, and I also wish perrenial joke candidate Everett luck in her Senate campaign. I would just like to thank all my supporters and I hope for a victory in three weeks.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »

Campaign Stop from Orange, CA

Today, rahter than making a full campaign speech, I will post quotes that Masterjedi and I made in other threads:

South Park Conservative Is At It Again!
Orange County, CA--The Midwest Region's do-nothing Lieutenant Governor, South Park Conservative, has announced that his Presidential campaign, which will fail, is now in "full gear."  His running mate, Fmr. Sen. MasterJedi, is an inactive moderator who will not even respond to private messages pleading that he sticky the Senate's notice board.

His campaign stresses ideals such as social darwinism, unlimited monopolistic corporations, and legal animal torture.  He is hoping to dazzle the conservative voting base and win an upset in the upcoming Presidential election; should his campaign gain any traction, readers may be assured that choice quotations from the candidate will be reprinted speedily, including classics pointing out that female teenagers are incredibly unintelligent in comparison to the candidate.

Of course, while his disturbing ideology and less-than-stellar presentation of his views is certainly the main reason no one would, in their right mind, vote for him, the real issue is whether he would be an effective President.  One wonders whether he could match the level of reform and activity successfully pursued by the Colin Wixted/Jas administration [and, may the newspaper add, that in its upcoming endorsements, it will take into account the old maxim that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...].  Since his campaign seems to be full of vague platitudes and libertarian talking points, it seems unlikely that he will be able to push any well-written legislation to the Senate.  Observant readers will remember that he was the author of the dreaded Yates Cancer Research Bill in its original monstrous form.

I would like to follow the turn-the-other-cheek philosophy while dealig with this, and it is this slander that makes me want to take another look at the honerable Senator Afleitch's Press Complaints Commision. I have not advocated any of social darwinism, monopolistic corporations, and legal animal torture in my campaign, the fomer of which was misunderstood by yours truly, the second of which I don't ever recall saying, and the latter of which was never stated in the Atlas Fantasy Board. My statement regarding teenagers was also never said on the Atlas Fantasy Board, and I even prefaced that by stating I had no intention of being sexist. Our newspaper endorsed PBrunsel because we thought he was doing a fine job, and I see no real reason to replace someone who agrees with you 93% of the time. I don't intend on pushing any legislation toward the Senate; I would just propose some ideas and let the Senate amend it or reword it. I don't think the Executive Branch should be writing bills. I should also point out that the Yates Cancer Research Bill was not introduced in its original form, and was also written during a time where almost the entire forum had been conned. Also, I should note that I would have my chances at actually winning at <1%; I'm not delusional enough to think it is anything greater than that. Given what I said at the beginning of this statement, I shall not be hypocritical and criticize you and all of your faults taken out of context.
   It is your consistant bashing of me in your editorials that has made me change my mind on Senator Afleitch's Press Complaints Commision, and, if he's reading this, I wish to inform him that the former Editor-in-Chief of the National Weekly Atlasian, (Ironically, the very paper that gave him the idea for the commision in the first place), has his full support in passing the Press Complaints Commision Bill in the Senate, and I would sign it in the off-chance that I become president. Thank you.

This failed even though a majority of people were in favor of this. Very democratic...

Except we aren't a democracy but a republic which means the rights of the minority is protected from the rule of the majority.

Thank you.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »

You do know that Zimbabwe, Congo, Gabon are republics, right? They aren't democracies, but republics, kind of what you're arguing.

And the second part doesn't mean, to me, that the minority can become more powerful then the majority. Zimbabwe is a perfect example of how the minorities are respected in 'republics'
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »

You do know that Zimbabwe, Congo, Gabon are republics, right? They aren't democracies, but republics, kind of what you're arguing.

And the second part doesn't mean, to me, that the minority can become more powerful then the majority. Zimbabwe is a perfect example of how the minorities are respected in 'republics'

Maybe in theory, but, to my knowledge, they are dictatorships in practice. A constitutional republican government would respect the rights of everyone, and would let the majority infringe on the rights of the minority, or vice-versa.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »

Maybe in theory, but, to my knowledge, they are dictatorships in practice. A constitutional republican government would respect the rights of everyone, and would let the majority infringe on the rights of the minority, or vice-versa.

Then why can't you respect the rights of a majority, to be precise 64% that voted in favor of PR-STV?

If the minority always comes out victorious and imposes their views on the majority, then that's not what I'd call a good government, democracy (which according to you we're not) and so forth.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 07:33:56 PM »

Campaign Stop From Jersey City, New Jersey

Greetings, once again, fellow Atlasians. First, I would like to respond to the fine Attorney General's question. I believe that the amendment's failure to pass is not an infringement on the rights of the majority. It's passage would have been an infringement on the rights of the minority, however, not allowing candidates to run for district senate at the local level but instead at the national level.
   Next, I would like to address recent poll numbers. Our campaign seems to be, as of recent, polling in the single digits. I would like to remind spectators that my Senatorial campaign last June was cosidering by many to be lackluster, but due to a last minute strategy, I was able to almost pull an upset. Under the condition that everyone I assume will vote will vote, our campaign will almost certainly get at least 10% of the vote. Another thing to consider is that, while I am currently running fifth to President Wixted, Sensei, Polnut, and Governor Jesus, the latter three of the four will have to win the Progressive primary first. That leaves only two major opponents: Colin Wixted and whomever the Progressives nominate. Surely there will be some voter dissatisfaction with these two candidates, and I suspect that my campaign would have the most to gain from these voters. Thank you all, and I hope that I can gain your support in this vital election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »

Campaign Stop from Nyman, DC

Greetings, once again, fellow Atlasians. First, I wish to apologize for my absence for the past three days. Second, I would like to once again address the Ebowed News Corporation. The CEO of this media outlet, Senator Ebowed (JCP-OR) has repeatedly attacked me and my campaign personally, with statements that were not even released by the official campaign. In addition, our Attorney General Hashemite (NRM-VA) cannot even distinguish the constitutional republican government that was made by the former United States of America in 1776 and the dictatorship in the Democratic "Republic" of the Congo. It would be appreciated by this campaign if these two people could do some research. Thank you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 08:42:16 AM »

You could do some research on my current partisan affiliation to start off with. The government the US established was a democracy and a republic (I don't think you can deny the US government is a democracy AND a republic), but your campaign seems to say we're not a democracy but only a republic. If you say we're a democratic republic or a democracy&republic I'll drop my point. And don't let personal attacks towards anybody into this and make this a civilized debate.

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 09:30:28 AM »

You could do some research on my current partisan affiliation to start off with.

You have made mistakes recently on the Wiki concerning partisan affiliation. The voter rolls haven't been updated in over three months, which is what you are both probably basing partisan affiliation on.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 09:32:01 AM »

I'm basing it on the New Register Thread.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »

Campaign Stop from Arlington, VA

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. Today, I really want to make my support base known, so please, if you are a supporter, please PM me. Other than that, I realy have writer's block as far as campaign announcements. Thank you.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »

Campaign Stop from Baltimore, MD

Greetings, fellow Atlasians. Sorry once again for the absence. First, I am proud to announce that Former Senator and President PBrunsel has joined my campaign, and will be making a speech soon. Second, I would like to once again discuss the legitimacy of subsidizing a certain group at the expense of the general population. I remember a couple weeks ago, I made a comment with regards to a stem-cell research funding bill, suggesting that a supporter of the bill, Sen. Ebowed, donate a protion of his own immense fortune to stem-cell research rather than forcing other people to do so. He then responded by asking why bother having a government if wealthy people could fund the same activities. Well, it is not a function of the government to steal from the general populace and give it to a certain interest group, regardless of the good intentions of that group. The democratic and the republican way would be for those groups to function from individual voluntary charitable donations, as A) people would be more likely to donate to a group if that group was worthy of a donation and B) Having such a system would not force people to donate to causes they don't wish to donate to.
   Third, I would like to address my chances. I believe that, despite the constant polling, our campaign does have a significant chance at a good performance in the election. Atlasian conservatives (my core base) don't tend to participate in those polls, and I believe that I am saying some things that a good amount of them would like to hear from an elected official. ALso notable was that Sensei, once a presumed frontrunner, dropped out of the race because he didn't have enough support. I think we are poised to come in the top three in this election, but the only way to do that is with your help. Thank you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 06:32:38 PM »

Question we will ask all candidates, from Emirates News

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc.)? If you need more info, look at my PM scores

Remember Emirates News is not radical libertarian.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc.)? If you need more info, look at my PM scores

A moderate group in Atlasia would benefit from endorsing a South Park Conservative candidacy in that, with the progressive primary over, I am the only serious candidate running against the President. I believe that Atlasian elections are about choices, and I do not think having a center-left incumbent candidate (ColinW) and a far-right fringe candidate (GPorter) is a choice. If the president makes a vital mistake by signing a bill that Emirate News network does not like, I am the only realistic alternative they can support. Also, I see nothing radical in believing that men and women have the right to make donations to certain causes as they please, rather than how 10 people in Nyman please. I see nothing radical in the theory that people will care more about protecting the environment if it's their property they're protecting. I see nothing radical in the idea that most controversial issues should be left to the regions to decide.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 06:55:22 PM »

You're more conservative than gporter. He is pro-affirmative action and anti-war.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »

A moderate group in Atlasia would benefit from endorsing a South Park Conservative candidacy in that, with the progressive primary over, I am the only serious candidate running against the President. I believe that Atlasian elections are about choices, and I do not think having a center-left incumbent candidate (ColinW) and a far-right fringe candidate (GPorter) is a choice. If the president makes a vital mistake by signing a bill that Emirate News network does not like, I am the only realistic alternative they can support. Also, I see nothing radical in believing that men and women have the right to make donations to certain causes as they please, rather than how 10 people in Nyman please. I see nothing radical in the theory that people will care more about protecting the environment if it's their property they're protecting. I see nothing radical in the idea that most controversial issues should be left to the regions to decide.

What is your position on secularism and the separation of church and state, and for that matter on the idea that the government should also fund faith-based schools?

(Your answer will most likely determine our endorsement for President)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

You're more conservative than gporter. He is pro-affirmative action and anti-war.

GPorter's affirmative action answer was said because he had no clue what he was talking about (as usual) and I am probably more anti-war than GPorter.

What is your position on secularism and the separation of church and state, and for that matter on the idea that the government should also fund faith-based schools?

(Your answer will most likely determine our endorsement for President)

I believe that the federal government should have no business regarding church and state, and such decisions should be mde at the regional level, if at all. I don't believe the government has the responsibility to fund any schools, private, public, or religious, but there should be no special advantages to attending any of them (i.e. if they fund public school, they should fund private school with a voucher as well).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »

Well, it is not a function of the government to steal from the general populace and give it to a certain interest group, regardless of the good intentions of that group.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the man who will veto emergency funding in response to a catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina.

The government has every right to expect you to pay taxes.  It's not "stealing."
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »

Thank you for your answer. EN shall make endorsements soon.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2007, 10:53:17 AM »

Well, it is not a function of the government to steal from the general populace and give it to a certain interest group, regardless of the good intentions of that group.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the man who will veto emergency funding in response to a catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina.

The government has every right to expect you to pay taxes.  It's not "stealing."

I would not have the federal government in charge of emergency relief in the first place. That is the job of state and local governments. The government has no right to force you to pay income taxes, as that would assume that you are a slave, and that the government is being generous by allowing you to keep the 60% of income that they don't tax.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:01 PM »

Campaign Stop from Nashville, TN

Greetings, once again, ladies and gentlemen. First, I would like to announce that, in the Atlas Gallery, the South Park Conservative-Masterjedi '07 Presidential Campaign has officially made its campaign sticker. Second, I wish to announce for the fourth time that I will be seeking the Republican nomination for President, and would be more than happy to debate fellow candidate GPorter (R-TN) on issues regarding public policy. I feel that I am the candidate who better represents the values of Republicans and would have a better chance at winning the presidency this month. Third and last, I am creating a list of potential cabinet nominees in the off-chance that I win. If anyone, regardless of political philosophy, is interested, please PM me. Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies