Jose Mourinho leaves Chelsea
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:05:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Jose Mourinho leaves Chelsea
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jose Mourinho leaves Chelsea  (Read 1569 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:46:38 AM »

I am sick, truly ill.....

Beside myself really, I know this is Abrom's fault, and I hate him for it, I cant abandon heros like Lampard and Terry, but I seriously don't knwo what to say about this.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:02:56 AM »

A stupid soccer thread.  And here I was hoping for a story about Miss Clinton.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:09:35 AM »

A stupid soccer thread.  And here I was hoping for a story about Miss Clinton.

Shut up my life is over and you want to talk about that slut.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:49:25 AM »

Effective immediately? Or just not renewing his contract?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:58:53 AM »

Effective immediately
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:02:50 AM »

Effective immediately
Oh. Why?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 06:10:05 AM »

Not entirely clear yet, but apparently the club had a crisis meeting a few days ago over Chelsea's start to the season.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »

Not entirely clear yet, but apparently the club had a crisis meeting a few days ago over Chelsea's start to the season.

It's the owner's fault, I hope the locals turn out and hang him in the street, I hope no one comes to upcoming matches.

This is quite terrible.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »

The new manager's Avram Grant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

Never heard of him.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »

I have, he's a fatass, "got Isreal close to the World Cup" congratuf**kinglations on that pal.

At this point if Terry and Lampard were to leave (and hopefully a few others) I'd have no second thoughts about finding a new team.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »

It's the owner's fault, I hope the locals turn out and hang him in the street, I hope no one comes to upcoming matches.

Locals? What locals? This is Chelsea we're talking about... though Stamford Bridge is actually in one of the less gentrified parts of Fulham (a statement comparable to "the least belligerent man in Serbia").
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 01:38:48 PM »

Even if no Chelsea supporters turned up, would Abramovich care? He can afford it if he is the only Chelsea fan at games. (Not that I think that this event will noticably dent Chelsea attendances.)

He owns the club, he can do what he likes.
He obviously didn't like Mourinho or his style of play - so out goes Mourinho.

I have, he's a fatass, "got Isreal close to the World Cup" congratuf**kinglations on that pal.

Much as you may disagree, he got that team which has no evident star players to the verge of qualification. In fact, they didn't lose a game in that qualification group which included Ireland; Switzerland; and most impressively France.

Very defensively minded, but that may be because of the players he had to work with. Given the apparant importance of the style of play to Abramovich, this would probably not go down well.

At any rate, I suspect that Chelsea may well be ooking out for someone else. It looks like Grant will be managing just because he's a friend of Abramovich.

At this point if Terry and Lampard were to leave (and hopefully a few others) I'd have no second thoughts about finding a new team.

Terry signed a 5-year contract in July. Lampard though could very well leave.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »

Even if no Chelsea supporters turned up, would Abramovich care? He can afford it if he is the only Chelsea fan at games. (Not that I think that this event will noticably dent Chelsea attendances.)

He owns the club, he can do what he likes.
He obviously didn't like Mourinho or his style of play - so out goes Mourinho.

Much as you may disagree, he got that team which has no evident star players to the verge of qualification. In fact, they didn't lose a game in that qualification group which included Ireland; Switzerland; and most impressively France.

Very defensively minded, but that may be because of the players he had to work with. Given the apparant importance of the style of play to Abramovich, this would probably not go down well.

At any rate, I suspect that Chelsea may well be ooking out for someone else. It looks like Grant will be managing just because he's a friend of Abramovich.

Terry signed a 5-year contract in July. Lampard though could very well leave.

Jas, I know all of these things you're not giving me any new news, the fact is Abramovich fired one of the world's best managers, and I personally (and I hope Chelsea fans) will never forgive him for it.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

Locals? What locals? This is Chelsea we're talking about... though Stamford Bridge is actually in one of the less gentrified parts of Fulham (a statement comparable to "the least belligerent man in Serbia").

Gays and snotty rich people can get upset too, just you watch.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 12:57:36 AM »

When I heard the news this morning I was very surprised, however quite excited at the same time, because I knew this would be the beginning of the downfall of Chelsea. Glory, Glory, Man United, Glory, Glory, Man United...

Is that Russian Millionaire still the boss (of course I don't mean manager) of Chelsea? Because as soon as he goes so will Chelsea, all there good players like Drogba and stuff will go and they'll be left with their new manager. 
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 04:48:24 AM »

When I heard the news this morning I was very surprised, however quite excited at the same time, because I knew this would be the beginning of the downfall of Chelsea. Glory, Glory, Man United, Glory, Glory, Man United...

Is that Russian Millionaire still the boss (of course I don't mean manager) of Chelsea? Because as soon as he goes so will Chelsea, all there good players like Drogba and stuff will go and they'll be left with their new manager. 

Roman Abramovich still owns the club.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »

I was watching CNN earlier this morning and they were suggesting that Mourinho left the club because there were tensions between him and the Board. CNN also said that that Mourinho's replacement (what ever his name is) is a close friend of Roman Abramovich.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies