National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:29:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll  (Read 2068 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »

If I may, I'd like to thank all of you who gave me a preference, its really heartwarming to see so many people have faith in my ability to do this job. Smiley

To Speed of Sound, I say well done - a very commendable performance by someone who would make a very fine and capable Vice President himself.

Also I should thank the NWA for organising this poll, Atlasia is at its best when it has an active media contributing to our national discussions and debates.

Thanks again to all of you again for your votes, I hope they can be retained for the real thing. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »

This is indeed a great showing for both me and Sensei, and indeed great showings by Colin and Jas. I see a very great campaign coming from both sides, as well as some great discussion about the future of Atlasia. Well done, Jas, and congratulations. You are held in high regard for a reason, my friend.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:43 PM »

I echo the sentiment of my colleague Speed of Sound in saying that this is going to be a great campaign, and honestly, I'm not terribly afraid of losing, because  the people that will take the oath in my stead are pretty capable. I would like to thank all of those who cast their ballots for me, and I strive to reassure them that they made the correct decision in the coming weeks, and perhaps months.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »

I will need to clarify a few things before I make comment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »

I know the poll is over, but the recent comment made by our President regarding the Governor's and the End to Districts amendment "I don't give a sh**t about the regions, I don't give a sh**t about your power" is making me reconsider marking him as my #2 decision in October, and instead, swaying me over toward Governor Polnut, who has been a staunch opponent of this amendment.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »

I know the poll is over, but the recent comment made by our President regarding the Governor's and the End to Districts amendment "I don't give a sh**t about the regions, I don't give a sh**t about your power" is making me reconsider marking him as my #2 decision in October, and instead, swaying me over toward Governor Polnut, who has been a staunch opponent of this amendment.

Do you think that I am really worried about this? I've given up being Mr. Conciliatory, Mr. Moderator, I've played both of those roles for too long. People know where I stand, people know how much stock I've put into the reform movement, and they know that I'll fight for what I think is right for this country. If that "disturbs" you, if that is "hurtful" to you then maybe I'm not the candidate for you.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »

Dave forbid that we actually have things in place less than a week after an election. How could we possibly remove the Atlasian tradition of grinding for weeks, even months before districts are decided so that the political process gets driven to all but frozen.[/sarcasm]
 Defeat of the amendment is a victory for bureaucracy and continued exclusion of candidates and healthy, informative campaigns. I will use this post as my endorsement of the amendment, although my de facto endorsement occurred in the voting booth.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:56 PM »

Dave forbid that we actually have things in place less than a week after an election. How could we possibly remove the Atlasian tradition of grinding for weeks, even months before districts are decided so that the political process gets driven to all but frozen.[/sarcasm]
 Defeat of the amendment is a victory for bureaucracy and continued exclusion of candidates and healthy, informative campaigns. I will use this post as my endorsement of the amendment, although my de facto endorsement occurred in the voting booth.
This pretty much sums up my feelings.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »

As the Mideast's incoming governor, I support the amendment.  I want to be a governor who will work on things more important than making a new district appearence.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies