Iraq- My Bottom Line
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Iraq- My Bottom Line
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iraq- My Bottom Line  (Read 691 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:02:59 AM »

Right, I've come to a decision on Iraq. I'm giving it a year.

If conditions in Iraq have not significantally improved by 21 September 2008, I will call for all Coalition troops to be withdrawn, save for sufficient numbers to train the Iraqi forces.

If the Iraqi government calls for us to withdraw (although that's unlikely) and there's a coup or what not, then I will call for total withdrawal.
David S
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »

Right, I've come to a decision on Iraq. I'm giving it a year.

If conditions in Iraq have not significantally improved by 21 September 2008, I will call for all Coalition troops to be withdrawn, save for sufficient numbers to train the Iraqi forces .

If the Iraqi government calls for us to withdraw (although that's unlikely) and there's a coup or what not, then I will call for total withdrawal.

If the forces you leave there ( the "sufficient numbers to train the Iraqi forces" ) come under heavy attack what will you do?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »

Please disregard my last post.

I no longer consider myself a supporter of the Iraq War. However, I do not call myself an opponent.

I seriously believed that there were WMDs in Iraq. I was wrong and I admit that. We may have been lied to. I don't know.

I don't know whether it was right to invade and I don't know whether it is right to stay. With Iraq, we were truly faced with "the devil's alternative".

Even thinking about Iraq causes me stress. Arguments about it tend to take up more time than I want.

What I want is what is best for Iraq and the wider world. However, I don't know what will lead to that.

I will take no further part in discussions on Iraq on this site or any other. I will only respond when directly asked via PM.

Moderators, please lock this thread.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 02:37:57 PM »

You can lock it yourself, you know. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies