Here's a reason to deport and keep out illegals: they kill cops
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:31:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Here's a reason to deport and keep out illegals: they kill cops
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Here's a reason to deport and keep out illegals: they kill cops  (Read 6512 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:03:21 AM »

Officer Shooting Suspect Deported Last Year
Officer Dies Of Gunshot Wound; Police Shoot, Kill Suspect

PHOENIX -- The man suspected of killing a Phoenix police officer Tuesday was an illegal immigrant who had been deported last year, immigration officials said.

Erik Jovani Martinez, 22, was deported to Mexico on March 3, 2006 after he was convicted on a theft charge, according an Immigration Services spokesman.

"It is an unfortunate situation I have to inform you that the City of Phoenix has suffered another tragedy," said Mike Frazier, assistant police chief.

"We lost an officer who was killed in the line of duty," Frazier said.

Police said two officers, Nick Erfle and Rob Rodarme, stopped two women and a man who were jaywalking near 24th Street and Thomas Road around 8:30 a.m.

Police said the officers asked the three for identification and learned the man, who identified himself as 24-year-old Anthony Sanchez, had a misdemeanor warrant out for his arrest. Phoenix police Sgt. Joel Tranter later said Anthony Sanchez was one of many aliases used by Martinez, who was wanted in Tucson on a shoplifting charge.

Tranter said Martinez gave an alias because he was trying to conceal a felony warrant out for his arrest. The warrant was filed in Maricopa Superior Court and was for aggravated assault.

Erfle walked back to Martinez and began to arrest him, Tranter said. Rodarme was nearby with the two women.

A physical confrontation quickly ensued and Martinez pulled a handgun and fired multiple shots, Tranter said. One of them struck Erfle.

Erfle was transported to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 9:30 a.m.

Shooter Carjacks Motorist At Gunpoint

Martinez fled the scene on foot before carjacking a 2000 gold Dodge Stratus.

The two women stayed behind and were taken into custody. Police said they were being questioned and were cooperating with officers.

Tranter said Martinez ran south to the intersection of 24th Street and Thomas Road, where he approached the Stratus, which was stopped for the traffic light. Martinez opened the passenger door, pointed the gun at the motorist and ordered him to drive from the scene, Tranter said.

Witnesses provided a description and license plate number of the Stratus.

Police located the vehicle near 51st and Grand avenues and followed it using air units and unmarked cars.

Officers in the unmarked cars forced the Stratus to a stop near 27th Avenue and McDowell Road around 9:40 a.m.

Police said there were two people in the car, Martinez and a hostage. The hostage was driving.

Officers in full tactical gear approached the vehicle on foot.

Police said Martinez held a gun to the hostage's head, and that's when police opened fire, hitting and killing Martinez.

Detective Bob Ragsdale said only one round was fired. Martinez died inside the car.

Officers then pulled the hostage from the car. Ragsdale said the man was uninjured.

Officer 'Died A Hero,' Acting Chief Says

"The citizens of Phoenix have lost another hero," Frazier said in a press conference outside Good Samaritan Hospital on Tuesday. "He died a hero, doing the job he loved most."

A makeshift memorial consisting of a white cross, flowers and stuffed animals has been erected near the shooting scene. It's also become a gathering place for fellow officers to mourn their loss.

Erfle, 33, was an eight-year veteran of the Phoenix Police Department. He was married with two sons, ages 3 and 5, and had just overcome a battle with testicular cancer.

"He had had a very bad bout with cancer; in fact, we thought we were going to lose him. He had lost a considerable amount of weight. He had just made his way back," said Lt. Robert Sparks.

Frazier said the entire police force was devastated by Erfle's death.

"We're 4,000-plus strong, but we're a family. And when one of us is hurt, we're all hurt," Frazier said. "And that's the way it has always been and will always be."

Vice Mayor Dave Siebert echoed Frazier's sentiments.

It has been a violent year for Valley police officers. Glendale police Officer Anthony Holly was shot and killed while providing backup during a traffic stop on Feb. 19 and Phoenix police Officer George Cortez Jr. was killed on July 27 after responding to a forgery call about a bad check.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 03:05:06 AM »

So do citizens, and probably at a greater rate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 03:18:42 AM »

But we can't kick them out of the country.  They should be tried and fried, but we can't preemptively protect ourselves like we could've here.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 03:43:23 AM »

But we can't kick them out of the country.  They should be tried and fried, but we can't preemptively protect ourselves like we could've here.

There are many reasons to oppose the tolerance of illegal immigration, but "they sometimes do bad things" isn't one of them.  I'm sure you could find examples of tourists committing crimes too - should America just bar anyone and everyone from crossing its borders?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:38:23 AM »

Inks... are you being serious here?  This is not a very.. well, coherent argument to be making.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:53 AM »

You heard it here first kids; all illegal immigrants kill policemen!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 07:15:11 AM »

and NO legal citizens do!
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »

and NO legal citizens do!

I think we should rephrase it "Guns don't kill people; Damn Brown People Mexicans kill people"....

What a Moronic thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »

'Ourselves'?  You're a cop now Inks?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »

White Christians also kill cops. Time to deport 'em.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »

There are many reasons to oppose the tolerance of illegal immigration, but "they sometimes do bad things" isn't one of them.  I'm sure you could find examples of tourists committing crimes too - should America just bar anyone and everyone from crossing its borders?

Tourists aren't committing any crimes before they kill people.  My point is - if we ENFORCED the laws we already have, these things wouldn't happen.

And Gully - I'm part Mexican so I'm not gonna phrase it like that - so shut up with your sarcasm and actually post something decent instead of just "What a Moronic thread."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »

Tourists aren't committing any crimes before they kill people.  My point is - if we ENFORCED the laws we already have, these things wouldn't happen.

Right. No illegal immigrants, and there'd never ever be any cop killings no doubt.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »

And Gully - I'm part Mexican so I'm not gonna phrase it like that - so shut up with your sarcasm and actually post something decent instead of just "What a Moronic thread."

You're Part Mexican? Interesting. How did your Mexican half\Quarter\Whatever originally make into the United States?

Of course to keep it short and sweet, I have no doubt that this man here:

Would agree that we should expel all the illegal immigrants. What they did was far, far worse.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 03:26:20 PM »

Hey guys, know what's fun?! Making generalizations about entire groups of people based on a single news article about a single person! All the cool kids do it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »

So if no illegal immigrant ever killed a policeman, you'd be fine with them?

I mean, really, are we supposed to be shocked and appalled that Mexicans commit crimes just like everyone else?
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »

Let's narrow this whole illegal thing down to what it is really about.  People love to hate somebody.   And since the right is a pool of filth for people who have biggoty issues, they pull the hate card to get republicans to back them on election day.  You see, most murders are commited by US citizens so this story is not relevant outside of this town in Arizona (and the families of the slain officers) other than to stress the part about illegals.  I think it is safe to assume tht murders will continue with or without illegals.

An let's get something straight.  Illegals are no more threat to security any more than any other security threat.  Nobody watches the borders right now, and guess what, no terrorist attack to date from this source.  Since the entire world knows that anybody can sneek across our borders with a bomb, don't you think it would be happening every day if there were a threat?

All of the supposed God loving Christians on the right need to quit using illegal alians as a reason to hate somebody and be politically correct among your bretheran at the same time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »

You're Part Mexican? Interesting. How did your Mexican half\Quarter\Whatever originally make into the United States?

Of course to keep it short and sweet, I have no doubt that this man here:

Would agree that we should expel all the illegal immigrants. What they did was far, far worse.

He was an illegal - ironic isn't it.

and Gabu - I never said that if they didn't kill cops it'd be ok - I'm just saying that here's a little argument against hte "illegals don't hurt anybody" argument.

Right. No illegal immigrants, and there'd never ever be any cop killings no doubt.

Strawman - never said that.  Learn how to actually argue by the way - it's incredible the poor logic skills a lot of the liberals on this forum have.  I actually honor the really serious hard core liberals, because at least their posts are worth reading and debating.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 10:43:47 PM »

Strawman - never said that.  Learn how to actually argue by the way - it's incredible the poor logic skills a lot of the liberals on this forum have.  I actually honor the really serious hard core liberals, because at least their posts are worth reading and debating.

No personal offense meant here, but you're quite the one to be lecturing on logic skills.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »

Wow, it's like Carlhayden but with worse debating skills.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2007, 10:58:25 PM by SoFA Gabu »

and Gabu - I never said that if they didn't kill cops it'd be ok - I'm just saying that here's a little argument against hte "illegals don't hurt anybody" argument.

Nobody here has ever argued that no illegal immigrant has ever hurt anyone.  What people have argued is that illegal immigrants don't hurt anyone any more than any other group of people, and probably less than other groups (like, say, black people).  I find it kind of funny that you made this comment and then complained about strawman arguments in the exact same post, given that this is itself a textbook strawman argument.

If the difference between illegal immigrants and everyone else is that illegal immigrants broke a law to get into America, then your problem with them is that they broke that law - not that they do bad things when they get into America, because, as I've already noted, every group of people does.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

They don't all kill cops, so it's not a good reason for deportation.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »

But some do.  And they are ALL illegal - that's the main reason for deportation.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »

But some do.  And they are ALL illegal - that's the main reason for deportation.

According to the thread title, you have a totally different reason.  Can't really change your story when you start a thread called "Here's a reason to deport and keep out illegals: they kill cops."
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 11:56:11 PM »

So talk about the fact that they're illegal immigrants, not that some of them kill cops.  As KEmperor said, the thread title makes it sound like your entire reason for wanting to deport illegal immigrants is that some of them kill cops.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 12:30:09 AM »

You don't know what I'm all about
Like killing cops and reading Kerouac
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length