United States Government Simulation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  United States Government Simulation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United States Government Simulation  (Read 8833 times)
Floyd06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »

http://worldsimulations.com/USGS/index.php?act=idx
If you guys have any questions pease feel free to pm me or leave one below. I've been playing this game for over two years. It is the greatest and most professional forum based government simulation out there, in my opinion. Come join the fun!

It is not a new simultion by any means. It's been going strong before I even got there. You can run for Governor (and actually be a Governor), you can run fro Senate (and actually be a Senator), and you can become President and Vice President. Or you can just be a Representative. Here is information I got off of the front page of the site it can explain this game a little bit better then me.

What is Govsim?

Govsim, or USG, is the United States Government Simulation. As the name suggests, this game utilizes Invision Power Board to host a forum-based simulation of the House of Representatives, the Senate, the White House, the Supreme Court, State Governors, and beyond. Established in late 2000, it was the first realistic political simulation of its time and it remains the best simulation of all government activities. If you've ever had an yearning for politics or want to implement the legislation that you feel the real government is neglecting, then you can find a home here at Govsim!

Who runs Govsim?

Govsim is run, first and foremost, by Will Caldwell. Will has pulled together a team of fellow administrators and poured his own physical and financial resources into keeping the site going for the hundreds of players that have come to enjoy the simulation. Although the game is generally watched over by the players, the admins do more than their overwhelming share of work.

How is Govsim set up?

Just like the real government, Govsim simulates the House, the Senate, the White House, the Executive Cabinet, State Governors, the Supreme Court, as well as the media that influences government and the special interest groups that accompany it. Visiting the forums and talking with veterans of the game, however, remains the easiest way to learn the ropes.

Do I have to pay?

No. The admins are proud to keep this game running free for its participants, and all maintenance of the site is done voluntarily. All you need to do is sign into the boards, and you’re ready to play! There is an option for donating money to Will, but he has shown no qualms with pouring massive financial resources into keeping the site running.

What is the Region System?

In order to make sure that every office can be filled while leaving enough players to keep the non-elected positions active, the Admins have instituted a Region System. In this system, the country is divided into eighteen regions, with expansions coming every time there are enough players to create new regions. If you are curious as to how the country is divided, check the forums for the Region Map.

How many people play this game?

At this time, upwards of 1,000 people have come to join in the simulation, with over 200 actively participating in the game each day.[/quote]
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »

What is Govsim?

Govsim, or USG, is the United States Government Simulation.

Blasphemy!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies