Christian Right No Longer Enthralled by Fred Thompson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:24:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Christian Right No Longer Enthralled by Fred Thompson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Christian Right No Longer Enthralled by Fred Thompson  (Read 2570 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »

The Christian Right won't have much of a problem supporting Giuliani, when it all comes down to it, because the big issue to the RR this year is "security", not "morality", and Giuliani's police-state policies will be a big plus to the religious right vote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »

The Christian Right won't have much of a problem supporting Giuliani, when it all comes down to it, because the big issue to the RR this year is "security", not "morality", and Giuliani's police-state policies will be a big plus to the religious right vote.

Correct.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:20 AM »

Correct.
Yes.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »

Why would anyone want to go to a bar?

They don't.  That's why all the bars went out of business.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 02:11:57 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2007, 02:16:01 AM by Everett »

Well, with the current selection of Republican candidates, it really isn't surprising that morality issues were conveniently overshadowed by the demand for more security.

I'm also not surprised at all that Fred Thompson has fallen out of favour with pretty much everyone at this point. He has done basically nothing except for existing (whoa man, too much energy expended there, sorry) and generating insignificant amounts of petty controversy. I still don't see how he had any appeal whatsoever in the first place. Obviously I'm not a Republican, but I can still generally see how the other candidates (including the loonies) appealed to Republicans of various flavours -- definitely not so with Thompson. His laziness was astonishing to say the least.

Also, Mormons are universally disliked, so even if Romney remains where he flip-flopped to last and doesn't start flip-flopping about again, his religious affiliation is not going to make Christian fundies happy for reasons that others have already stated. Besides, I would assume that his association with Massachusetts isn't any more appealing to fundies than Giuliani's cross-dressing escapades.

In the end, though, when the general election rolls around, the fundies will back whoever has the little (R) after his name. Same with the liberals -- regardless of how much complaining goes on before and during primaries, they're still going to vote for whoever has the (D) in the general. It's rather amusing seeing people gripe so much about their party's selection of candidates before primaries and then grudgingly vote for whoever wins the nomination.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »

They don't.  That's why all the bars went out of business.

hahaha
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 04:20:49 PM »

Christ you really are an old impotent.  Have you forgotten?  Dudes go to bars to get laid.  Women go there I don't know what for.. maybe for free drinks (but not all that many do actually go - I remember bars were always about 80% men back in the US).

I think if prostitution were legalized it would cut into the bars business a lot.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

And BRTD goes to bars to tell us who he saw throw up that night.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »

And BRTD goes to bars to tell us who he saw throw up that night.

BRTD goes to bars to hang out with the "scene kids".
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »

Christ you really are an old impotent.  Have you forgotten?  Dudes go to bars to get laid.  Women go there I don't know what for.. maybe for free drinks (but not all that many do actually go - I remember bars were always about 80% men back in the US).

I think if prostitution were legalized it would cut into the bars business a lot.

Women go to bars for sex also. Men aren't the only ones who want sex.
defe07

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »

Thompson really pissed all the Floridians off when he made a comment about drilling for oil off the Gulf Coast. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies