Larry Craig: The Gift that Keeps on Giving
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:36:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Larry Craig: The Gift that Keeps on Giving
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Larry Craig: The Gift that Keeps on Giving  (Read 3690 times)
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 02:34:44 AM »

I am convinced that he is intentionally trying to stick it to the Republican party.  They all abandoned him after this story broke.  They didn't abandon Vitter.  Yeah Craig pled guilty, but this really had to do with the fact that it was gay sex and that would hurt their image.  He's probably annoyed by that, considering that he's probably conflicted about his sexuality to begin with.  So he probably just figures if they're going to screw him over, he might as wellstay in the Senate for as long as he can, he has nothing to lose.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 04:29:40 AM »

I must have missed where Vitter was charged with any crime whatsoever.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »

It has nothing to do with gay rights - the reason we are pleased is that this, in various ways, makes the Republican Party look bad.  It makes them unhappy, so it makes us happy.  That simple.

It also makes gays in general look bad.  I understand Democrats being thrilled about a black eye on a Republican, but it comes at the cost of advancing an issue—gay rights—that Democrats are supposed to care about.

America hates a gay Opebo.
Personally my favorite thing about gays is the restroom/peepshow/park sex..  but I understand most americans, in their prudery, don't appreciate the convenience.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »

I am convinced that he is intentionally trying to stick it to the Republican party.  They all abandoned him after this story broke.  They didn't abandon Vitter.  Yeah Craig pled guilty, but this really had to do with the fact that it was gay sex and that would hurt their image.  He's probably annoyed by that, considering that he's probably conflicted about his sexuality to begin with.  So he probably just figures if they're going to screw him over, he might as wellstay in the Senate for as long as he can, he has nothing to lose.

Keep in mind though that Vitter's successor would be appointed by a Democratic governor while Craig’s would be appointed by a Republican one, and that might be a big reason as to why the Republicans did not make as much as fuss over Vitter. I think there’s a double standard though, obviously, but I also think Craig should resign. Frankly, he’s become a joke in the Republican party and an embarrassment to gays in general due to his [alleged] behavior.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »

If Craig runs again and somehow manages to win his primary, then I suppose LaRocco would have a good chance of defeating him. However, I doubt Craig will make it through the primary should he run again.

I understand Democrats being thrilled about a black eye on a Republican, but it comes at the cost of advancing an issue—gay rights—that Democrats are supposed to care about.

Fortunately for Democrats, they will lose neither sleep nor votes over it.

What's your point? That Republicans would?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »

I doubt Mitch McConnell will allow Craig to stay on as Senator, regardless of the  judge's decision.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 01:06:26 AM »

You can't possibly really be that dense.  But just in case:

My point is that while Democrats celebrate, they continue to get credit for "caring" when they don't.  And seriously, why should they when they get by just fine on lip service?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 01:07:25 AM »

He's only pro-gay when there's an opportunity to bash Democrats.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 01:08:17 AM »

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2007, 02:51:01 PM by Jesus »

My point is that while Democrats celebrate, they continue to get credit for "caring" when they don't.  And seriously, why should they when they get by just fine on lip service?

I'll admit my post was indeed very dense. Even as I clicked "post" I knew how foolish it was. Why was I treating you like you were more than a troll? Why was I taking one of your many silly and mindless one-liner attacks on the Democrats seriously? It was dumb of me to take you seriously. Honestly, it was like walking into an insane asylum and approaching the man in a straight-jacket who had froth around the edges of his mouth and was muttering something as he repeatedly bashed his head against the wall. It would take a serious lapse in judgement to approach this man, ask him what he was talking about, and expect the mushy remnants of his brain to come up with a coherent and logical answer. I had a lapse in judgement similar to this hypothetical situation when I asked you to elaborate.

All this situation proves is that the Democrats do not like this hateful, vicious, and hypocritical man. But thanks for trying.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »

Haha, gays... lip service.. I get it.  HardR you're a card.  That honry old Craig was looking to do some 'lipservice', I don'tdoubt.
defe07

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »

This seat is Republican, and will stay Republican. I mean, c'mon this is Idaho for crying out loud.

In a logical race, a Republican should win this seat easily but after the Craig incident, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Constitution Party nominating someone who will talk about morals. And with this incident, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CP get a very high % of votes (if they use the issue well enough and convince any voters that voted for him in the past) and come in a strong 2nd.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »

Haha, gays... lip service.. I get it.  HardR you're a card.  That honry old Craig was looking to do some 'lipservice', I don'tdoubt.

It says a lot about this place that opebo's response is still more valuable than Jesus's.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »

It says a lot about this place that opebo's response is still more valuable than Jesus's.

Both responses were fairly amusing.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2007, 12:45:31 AM »

This seat is Republican, and will stay Republican. I mean, c'mon this is Idaho for crying out loud.

In a logical race, a Republican should win this seat easily but after the Craig incident, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Constitution Party nominating someone who will talk about morals. And with this incident, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CP get a very high % of votes (if they use the issue well enough and convince any voters that voted for him in the past) and come in a strong 2nd.

Idaho may be crazy but it ain't koo-koo krazy with a "k."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 02:41:19 AM »

Well, it's October, and we still have Senator Craig.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007, 06:26:54 AM »

High five Democrats!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »

Idaho may not be koo-koo krazy with a 'k', but Senator Kraig is, apparently.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »

Idaho may not be koo-koo krazy with a 'k', but Senator Kraig is, apparently.

What's crazy about it, Mr.Conservative?  Once he's out he's got the rest of his life to be a has-been.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

I wouldn't doubt this.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »

Is a guy who blows strange guys in public restrooms conflicted about his sexuality?

Conflicted about your sexuality is hiring a tranny hooker when intoxicated.

Blowing random guys in restrooms... Sen. Craig knows what arouses him and it's not sex with women.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies