Final Farewell Speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:51:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Final Farewell Speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Farewell Speech  (Read 4804 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: September 28, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »

You weren't lobbying for a vote, you were lobbying for someone to commit an act which is technically illegal. I don't know about how the common law rules on conspiracy apply in the U.S. (and so by implication in Atlasia) so I can't say for sure whether or not your action could be construed as criminal/illegal in nature.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »

[I'll post the PM if anyone is really interested/want to see it for themselves]

The issue of the publication of PMs has arisen before in Atlasia and caused considerable controversy in itself. I'd advise against.

However, as Inks claims his act was totally innocent and above board, I'm surprised he hasn't proffered it himself yet.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »

You weren't lobbying for a vote, you were lobbying for someone to commit an act which is technically illegal. I don't know about how the common law rules on conspiracy apply in the U.S. (and so by implication in Atlasia) so I can't say for sure whether or not your action could be construed as criminal/illegal in nature.

Technically, it's not illegal, it just invalidates your vote.

If the act of editting one's ballot isn't illegal, then how do you usually describe actions which are disallowed by law and carry a sanction or penalty?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies