Final Farewell Speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:05:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Final Farewell Speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Farewell Speech  (Read 4783 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: September 28, 2007, 01:54:59 PM »

I might have better things to say to you right now if you hadn't sent me a PM asking me to consider invalidating my own vote in the End of Districts Amendment voting booth.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »

I might have better things to say to you right now if you hadn't sent me a PM asking me to consider invalidating my own vote in the End of Districts Amendment voting booth.

OK - I sent that PM to everybody.  It's just good old healthy lobbying.

I call it voter harrassment, but tomayto tomahto.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »

In fairness to Inks, the PM did not 'tell' me to do anything.  As he has said, he was merely urging me to review my decision, and if I felt like it, I could edit or delete my 'Aye' vote in order to invalidate it.  The same message was sent to at least eight other Mideasterners.

This, however, is what I view as borderline harrassment and an encouragement to do something technically illegal (as Jas put it).

N.B.Sad As a general tip for anybody else who ever feels like campaigning for my vote for anything by PM, I don't usually react to it the way you'd like.  Be warned.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »

Believe me, I'm far from intimidated by this kid.  Just tired of being hassled by people about a game I no longer have any interest in; people who feed me a load of BS and suggest I tamper with my vote on something I haven't even read, much less care about.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

In America, if somebody votes for Al Gore and George Bush, they're vote is invalidated, but it's not illegal.

This isn't America, but whatever, dude.  Just learn to accept your hypocrisy for whining about Al's shenanigans and then encouraging people to do the same thing.  (One of those people being Al himself, hilariously enough.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies