Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:21:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior  (Read 11107 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:52 AM »

I'm thinking of drafting an initiative thing banning candidates, elected officials or citizens from exerting undue pressure on electors.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »

Whether what you did was illegal or not is irrelevant (though it certainly should be illegal, and in the real world the practice of intimidation generally is).

Do you deny trying to manipulate the results of a referendum? Manipulating election results is sometimes known as "rigging" them.

Well Al, what you did was clearly illegal.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »

Whether what you did was illegal or not is irrelevant (though it certainly should be illegal, and in the real world the practice of intimidation generally is).

Do you deny trying to manipulate the results of a referendum? Manipulating election results is sometimes known as "rigging" them.

No Inks, it was'nt any more illegal than what I did, or you did.  So do not try to make it out that it was.  Pure and simple.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 01:46:46 PM »

At worst it was a minor act of civil disobedience. Which is far less serious a thing than poll-rigging. In a democracy, anyway.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »

I'm thinking of drafting an initiative thing banning candidates, elected officials or citizens from exerting undue pressure on electors.
If you draft something like that, I'll sponsor it in the Senate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »

No Inks, it was'nt any more illegal than what I did, or you did.  So do not try to make it out that it was.  Pure and simple.

No, you edited your vote.  He deleted it and tried to revote, trying to sneak around me.  And what I did was not illegal, just not a good decision.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2007, 04:06:54 PM by Attorney General Brutus Hashemite »

Just because I'm bored, I looked over the regional acts I found on the wiki, and unsurprisingly nothing concerns campaigning outside the voting booth, the closest we come is this, in Article 2, Section 1. But again this concerns the voting booth. I guess it's up for somebody to decide the legality of campaigning outside the voting booth, such as PMing. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »

Just because I'm bored, I looked over the regional acts I found on the wiki, and unsurprisingly nothing concerns campaigning outside the voting booth, the closest we come is [urll=https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Mideast_Campaining_in_Voting_Booths_Statute]this[/url], in Article 2, Section 1. But again this concerns the voting booth. I guess it's up for somebody to decide the legality of campaigning outside the voting booth, such as PMing. 

It'd have to be made an amendment to Article V of the Federal Constitution, and even then, the constitutionality would be in question, and I don't think it'd apply to regional elections.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 07:12:29 PM »

Not so. I deleted it because it contained some abusive remarks. Other posts of mine concerning that round of regional elections were also deleted by me and for the same reason.

I later refused to admit to deleting my vote and revoting because I was amused at quite how seriously you took the whole thing.

Think I've said all that before. Hope I don't have to again.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »

Not so. I deleted it because it contained some abusive remarks. Other posts of mine concerning that round of regional elections were also deleted by me and for the same reason.

I later refused to admit to deleting my vote and revoting because I was amused at quite how seriously you took the whole thing.

And I didn't rig a vote.  I encouraged people to relook at the way they voted and the amendment, and if they felt they voted the wrong way, to change their vote.  I never told somebody to change their vote.

Think I've said all that before.  Hope I don't have to again.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »

And I didn't rig a vote.  I encouraged people to relook at the way they voted and the amendment, and if they felt they voted the wrong way, to change their vote.  I never told somebody to change their vote.

No, you told them to invalidate their votes, I know, I got one of the letters.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 08:20:05 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2007, 08:22:27 PM by Fmr. Governor, Vice-Chair, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

No, you told them to invalidate their votes, I know, I got one of the letters.

I never told anybody to invalidate them - I said think about how you voted, and if you think you voted the wrong way, edit your vote, thus invalidating it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In any event, we need to either confirm me or nominate somebody else - it's been too long without a Lt. Governor.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It may not be illegal, but it's like Andre Boisclair smoking cocaine. A lack of judgement.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »

Mr. Governor, when is this booth going to go up?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »

The Mideast has been without a Lt. Governor for too long.

I believe that former Governor Inks would be a great choice. Inks has been great with making sure that election booths are opened and closed on time, and I believe he would be a great asset to help the Governor runing the region. Either way, regardless if you hold a regional election or appoint someone, it should be done soon.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »

Can we at least get a vote for someone for Lt. Gov.? It has been a long time and nothing has been done about it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »

Do we even need a Lt. Gov?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »

Constitutionally, yes, and for this reason - he could open a booth by now.  The way our constitution is, only the Governor or Lt. Governor can, so MasterJedi is powerless when it comes to this.  HappyWarrior has already logged on twice today, I say we give him 1 more day.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

I say there should be an amendment to the constitution allowing the judicial officer of the region to open and close booths.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:19 PM »

I say there should be an amendment to the constitution allowing the judicial officer of the region to open and close booths.

I was planning on proposing such an amendment for November, if the Governor will put it on the ballot for me, if not, I'll get signatures.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »

Constitutionally, yes, and for this reason - he could open a booth by now.  The way our constitution is, only the Governor or Lt. Governor can, so MasterJedi is powerless when it comes to this.  HappyWarrior has already logged on twice today, I say we give him 1 more day.

Exactly.  And if there's one thing Inks knows how to do, it's how to open a round of balloting.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 12:29:17 AM »

As most Mideasterners are aware the Governor has opened the poll, calling opon citizens of the Mideast to either accept Inks. LWC as their new Lieutenant Governor or reject him.

I strongly urge the citizens of the Mideast to vote for the former Governor. Yes you may have political differences with him, but he's better than not having a Lieutenant Governor at all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »

I was making a philosophical point, not a practical one. Obviously if the Constitution demands a Lt. Governer, then the Region must have one. My question was whether the Region actually needs one. I'm pretty sure that the answer is no.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 05:58:03 AM »

And if there's one thing Inks knows how to do, it's how to open a round of balloting.

This is true.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »

I was making a philosophical point, not a practical one. Obviously if the Constitution demands a Lt. Governer, then the Region must have one. My question was whether the Region actually needs one. I'm pretty sure that the answer is no.
Well, If HappyWarrior disappears all of the sudden, then it would be nice to have one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies