Gporter's stances on the issues:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:09:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Gporter's stances on the issues:
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gporter's stances on the issues:  (Read 1710 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »

Why do you want to be President/Vice President?

I want to be President of Atlasia because I believe that I offer a new style of leadership for the atlasian people. I believe that under my leadership, if elected, I will bring the people a conservative style of leadership and one that can prove to be good for the atlasian people in the long run.

What issue do I want to focus on if I am elected?

I probablly could not point out one in particular. I want to focus on a wide range of issues. I am not going to be one of those administrations that only focuses on two or three issues, as the current administration does. I am going to focus on all of the issues and work to fix them in the long run.

Social Issues

Illegal Immigration-I believe that we should allow the immigrants the chance to become US citizens. If they agree to and go through all of the procedures to become a citizen, then we shall allow full and free citizenship, but if they refuse to become US citizens, then we shall forcefully kick them out of our country and post guards with high powered weapons at the point where they can cross over into Atlasia, to make sure that they do not come back in.

Captial Punishment-we should punish people fairly. Not give them a lesser punishment or a higher punishment for what they deserve. We shall punish them fairly and forcefully. But, do it equally and not treat some better than others. But, treat them all equally and punish each one equally according to the crime that they have comitted.

Gay Rights-we should treat gays with respect. However, we shall enforce state laws, such as gay marrage and such on them. But, still treat them like ordinary citizens as they deserve to be treated.

Affirmative Action-we shall take action when it is needed using the Atlasian troops. We shall take force against foreign countries and other. Not just slag around and  not take action at all.

HIV/AIDS-we need to work to find cures for these dieseases and not stop researching until we find a cure for these sicknesses. Though we may not be successful at the beginning, but like I said before, we need to put forth good effort and work hard so that we can have a good result in the long run in finding a cure for these illnesses.

Abortion-another issue, as illegal immigration and others, that I have put a lot of thought into. My view on this issue, is that we shall ban abortion as a whole instead of letting it be a choice by the mother or the doctor involved in the birth of a baby. Abortion is like a murder and I believe that it shall be dealt with. In this case, we shall ban abortion and if any doctor still enforces it and performs the action, we shall throw them into prison with a murder sentence. This may sound harsh, but it is what we must do. Basically, abortion=murder.

Euthanasia-I believe, about the same thing that I said with abortion. Now, I have had relatives that have died after being very ill. In their cases, as I know in some other health cases, it has been viewed to be the best thing to do is to do an euthanasia. But, I disagree. Some times when someone is in near pain and is near death, they still survive. We shall not take them off of life support if they still have a chance to live. So no, we shall ban euthanasias.

Drug Law-If I understand the drug law, which I am not sure that I do. But I am going to say this, the atlasian people should be able to use drugs. This gives them their freedom of choice. They will basically have their own life in their hands. If they choose to not use illegal drugs that they have in their possession, then they will be able to live and not die from drug overdose. However, if they do take too many illegal drugs, then they will probablly die from a drug overdose. Basically, we shall let the atlasian people choose what they do with the drugs. The drugs shall not be taken olut of their possession.

Stem Cell Research-we shall continue with the stem cell research. I believe that this is a step forward in finding a cure to an illness such as this.

Economic and Enviromental Issues

Minimum Wage-we shall keep this low. I believe that this will lead to a smoother economy and a better Atlasia. This has always been a key in American presidencys that I have studied, to keep the minimum wage low. From what I have read and seen, I find that this leads to a smoother economy.

Estate Tax-I believe that we should have an estate tax. This is paying back to the government for what people own and use, their property. It should be like the electric bill and such. My point, the estate tax should be just like another tax that the atlasian people pay.

Universal Health Care-we need to give universal health care to all senior citizens. But, it will, as it does currently, take a little work on their part. As they grow throughout their life, they should sete aside an amount of money about every ten years of their life to go to their health care and social security when they get to the point in their lives when they need it.

Education Reform-I would come and do the same thing that President Reagan did in the 1980`s that was move this whole idea from the left to the right, by eliminating the Atlasian Departmnet of Education. And control it in another matter, this matter will be adressed when the time comes.

Global Climate Change-I believe that we need to eliminate global warming because it is a cause of pollution to our country. We need to lower fossil fuels and work with the enviroment that way. I can promise that you will find the global climate to have improved if we follow that action.

Alternative Energy-we shall work with other countries and use some of their benefits, which could be oil and other products. Which will help improve our future energy developments.

Oil Drilling in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge-While I said in my last reesponse that we should use oil to improve energy developments, we should not take oil from just anywhere. The Alaskan National Wildlife being one of those places. We should not bother any areas of Wildlife directly.

"Sin" Tax-I do not choose to answer this question. I read at the beginning of this thread where we are allowed to not respond to questions and I choose not to respond to this question.

Forum Affairs Issues

Popular Iniatitive-I do not choose to answer this question either.

Proportional Representation-all that I have to say to that, is that the person that gets the amount of votes needed to win, wins. Their should be no questions about that.

Balance and Regional Power-I do not choose to answer this question either.

Cabinent Size Reform-I believe that we should keep the cabinent size about the same size as the President of the United Staes of America has. I believe that the positions that they hold and the way that the American cabinent works is a good process. This is how I would want for my cabinent to be.

Senatorial Term Limits-I believe that term limits for senators should be made and enforced. I believe that each senator should be able to run for a limit of four terms. I believe that this gives each senator a good amount of time to make their mark on history. But, it also gives others a chance to come into the senate and not have the same people for long periods of time.

Judical Term Limits-like the senate term limits, they should serve for a while, but then give others a turn by stepping down as the judical term limits would enforce.

Peoples Referondum-I do not believe that people should have a say in what legislation is passed and what is not. The people elect senators and house reps., they are the ones that should make the decision ont he legislation, not the people.

Line Item Veto-I choose not to respond to this question either.

Secret Ballot-we shall not have a secret ballot. This will result in voter fraud and other actions such as that.

Vote Editing-their shall be no vote editing. The vote that a person makes is the vote that they make their shall be no editing.

Preferential Voting-I choose not to respond to this question either.

I just want to say thank you for the oppurtunity to be able to give my views on the issues. Please, if any of you have any questions, please contact me  through personal messages. Thank you.

Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

Isn't this in the other thread?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:38:44 PM »

Ok, gporter please answer this:

Illegal Immigration-I believe that we should allow the immigrants the chance to become US citizens. If they agree to and go through all of the procedures to become a citizen, then we shall allow full and free citizenship, but if they refuse to become US citizens, then we shall forcefully kick them out of our country and post guards with high powered weapons at the point where they can cross over into Atlasia, to make sure that they do not come back in.

Yay for laser weapons against evil Mexicans!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Answer the question. Support capital punishment or not?

Don't we pray for them to?

Might want to research affirmative action a bit more...

OK

Maybe we should kill the murderers (doctors) so that afterward everybody gets sick and dies.

It's okay if people get addicted to marijuana and the whole population because a bunch of drugged up people?

I never thought stem cells were an illness.

You want people to be poor?

Let's let the sick children die, we don't care about those people. Right?

It's hard to eliminate a department that doesn't even exist in the first place...

I agree. Let's ban global warming.

Clarify, because that's as clear as rocket science.

Good.

Yes that's all fine and dandy, but answer the question, do you support implementation of PR-STV?

You might want to review the current size of the Atlasian cabinet before answering. This isn't the US over here pal.

First you broke the Firefox spell checker with that. Second, there's no house of representatives, if you don't know THAT, then read up the wiki then run for President. Aside from that, why do you hate democracy?

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »

HIV/AIDS-we need to work to find cures for these dieseases and not stop researching until we find a cure for these sicknesses. Though we may not be successful at the beginning, but like I said before, we need to put forth good effort and work hard so that we can have a good result in the long run in finding a cure for these illnesses.

That's not the issue. We're likely decades away from treating HIV so it is rendered harmless to your body and untransmittable to other's bodies. The real question is what to do to keep the disease from spreading even further and wrecking our society even more.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:29:12 PM »

That's not the issue. We're likely decades away from treating HIV so it is rendered harmless to your body and untransmittable to other's bodies. The real question is what to do to keep the disease from spreading even further and wrecking our society even more.

Honestly, it's not really destroying any American/Atlasian "societies."  HIV is uncurable, but extremely treatable over the long term, so long as those infected follow strict guidelines with regard to prescription drug cocktails.

It remains a "rare" disease, and transmission is almost completely avoidable.

The real problem with HIV is what it is currently doing to the African continent, where honestly, they don't know any better.  I mean, seriously, they believe that the "cure" for AIDS involves raping virgins.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »

Well, it doesn't help that some Catholic archbishop in Mozambique just declared that European-shipped condoms are tainted with HIV to kill the African people, so Africans should avoid condoms at all costs.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »

I support his position on finding a cure for Stem Cell disease.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »

What is his position on building more lakes in the Mideast?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 11:19:46 PM »

The real problem with HIV is what it is currently doing to the African continent, where honestly, they don't know any better.  I mean, seriously, they believe that the "cure" for AIDS involves raping virgins.

Yes, our society.

And the threat is worldwide; Russia, India, China, Africa...
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »

My favorite parts:

Affirmative Action-we shall take action when it is needed using the Atlasian troops. We shall take force against foreign countries and other. Not just slag around and  not take action at all.

Stem Cell Research-we shall continue with the stem cell research. I believe that this is a step forward in finding a cure to an illness such as this.

Global Climate Change-I believe that we need to eliminate global warming because it is a cause of pollution to our country.

I do not believe that people should have a say in what legislation is passed and what is not.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »

It's a valid platform.  I've long believed that our military should enforce affirmative action in other countries instead of slagging around, and also that we can one day find a cure for stem cells if only we continue the research.  And surely you can agree that if we abolish global warming, we'll have removed the key cause of pollution?

I'm voting for GPorter for sure, because I trust him fully to pass legislation without being bothered by any of that pesky, interfering electorate.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »

My favorite parts:

Sorry Mr. President, but gporter just got my vote!

Global Climate Change-I believe that we need to eliminate global warming because it is a cause of pollution to our country.

I do not believe that people should have a say in what legislation is passed and what is not.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »

My favorite parts:

Sorry Mr. President, but gporter just got my vote!

I know how to combat Affirmative Action! Bring in Atlasian troops when it's needed!
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

So will the military be sent in to force college admissions officials to accept more black students at gunpoint?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »

So will the military be sent in to force college admissions officials to accept more black students at gunpoint?

Only in foreign countries.....
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »

Who is this - the name change is throwing me off. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 06:58:19 AM »

'bout time.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon