Craig won't resign!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:16:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Craig won't resign!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Craig won't resign!  (Read 2449 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »

This guy is a nightmare for the GOP.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/washington/05craig.html?hp
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ha ha.  Oops.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »

Craig is good man. He is trying to make up for his years of self-hating, gay bashing votes by destroying the GOP.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

I don't see why he should.  Unless hypocrisy and homosexuality was banned from Congress.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:33:22 PM »

I don't see why he should.  Unless hypocrisy and homosexuality was banned from Congress.

Well, pleading guilty to a criminal charge is a bit of a black mark.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 05:42:15 PM »

He didn't really do anything that harmed anyone; he just solicited sex in a public place. Are we going to ban sexual solicitation in other public places, such as sidewalks and public schools? It seems that he was just exercizing his right to free speech, and the government shouldn't interfere with that. I don't really think he's really a hypocrit either; you can vote against gay marriage and applying "civil rights" laws to gays and still be a non-hypocrtical homosexual. What I'm really concerne about is why the hell was a cop patrolling the bathrooms for such and meaningless crime and why didn't he such indicate that he didn't want to have sex?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

Why should he resign? Dont you get it? Hes......*looks around, whispers* G-A-Y!  shhh.....
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 10:40:01 PM »

He didn't really do anything that harmed anyone; he just solicited sex in a public place. Are we going to ban sexual solicitation in other public places, such as sidewalks and public schools? It seems that he was just exercizing his right to free speech, and the government shouldn't interfere with that. I don't really think he's really a hypocrit either; you can vote against gay marriage and applying "civil rights" laws to gays and still be a non-hypocrtical homosexual. What I'm really concerne about is why the hell was a cop patrolling the bathrooms for such and meaningless crime and why didn't he such indicate that he didn't want to have sex?

The airport had multiple complaints of people have sex in that bathroom. I don't think many would argue this is appropriate or that it should just be ignored. They sent the cop in to bust a bunch of people and put an end to that bathroom's use as a hotspot for public sex. Craig's intention was clearly to have public sex in the bathroom too, as he was between flights and had nowhere else to have it. Nowhere will you get arrested for soliciting sex to have in private somewhere, but that's not what Craig was doing.

Regardless, Craig is still a truly great man and Freedom Fighter. He's even beaten Mark Foley in how much good he's done.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »

Larry Craig is made of win and god.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »

Craig should stay and admit he's gay and really wreck havoc on the GOP.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »

Craig= Epic Victory in human form.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 02:19:16 AM »

Senator Craig is a credit to the United States Senate, and I mean this as no compliment to either.

Yes, he was entrapped.  The entire situation was ridiculous.  If the authorities in Minnesota had wanted to stop public sex in that bathroom, they'd post guards and conduct patrols.  The entire police operation stinks, IMO.  These kind of sting operations are designed to embarrass and shame gay men, nothing more.  And no, I am not advocating sex in public.  I don't even really like to touch anything in a public restroom, much less have sex in one.

In Senator Craig's case however, I'll ignore the how sleazy the police operation, and the entire resulting episode have been, and be happy that instead it has blown up in the face of the GOP, and taken out a hypocrite.

But just give the honorable senator time, everyone!  He still has time to reverse his retirement, and run for Re-election in 2008!  And that scenario doesn't even seem far-fetched now.  I can see his campaign slogan now:

CRAIG 2008
YOU GO GIRL!!!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 02:27:10 AM »

I think he realized that resigning would mean that he's basically admitting that he's gay.

Now, Craig, if you decline to run for re-election, that means you're a gay. And if people claim you're gay and defeat you in the primary, the way you'll really show them you're not gay is to run as an Independent.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

I think he realized that resigning would mean that he's basically admitting that he's gay.

Now, Craig, if you decline to run for re-election, that means you're a gay. And if people claim you're gay and defeat you in the primary, the way you'll really show them you're not gay is to run as an Independent.
Yeah. Actually, only a gay would bother with contesting the Rep primary in the first place.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »

Are we going to ban sexual solicitation in other public places, such as sidewalks and public schools? It seems that he was just exercizing his right to free speech, and the government shouldn't interfere with that.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:24:02 AM »

Eh, it wont be anything big.

Someone will force him into a primary, Craig will lose, Republican wins the seat, game over.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »

The reason Sen. Craig should have resigned has nothing to do w/ what he did (or did not do) in any bathroom. But by signing that plea he's shown that his political judgement is seriously impaired (perhaps, by unjustified hounding by sworn enemies - I'd take his workd on that). Basically, he's shown that he can't be in the public eye anymore: he is extremely likely to commit ridiculous blunders of this sort.  He cannot be an effective senator at this point. He should go, first and foremost, for his own sake and the sake of his state, and, secondly, for the sake of the party he, presumably, cares about.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »

this is really frustrating. Why we can't get Warner, Domenici, Hagel, and other Republican senators and congressman (who would likely win re-election) to stay, and then we can't get scum bags like Larry Craig to leave!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »

this is really frustrating. Why we can't get Warner, Domenici, Hagel, and other Republican senators and congressman (who would likely win re-election) to stay, and then we can't get scum bags like Larry Craig to leave!

Haha, thanks aburn - this sort of post makes a Democrat feel good.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »

Of course this reprobate Craig should go, he should have gone in August.  He is insulting everyone's intelligence with his belated stupid and ridiculous explanation of what he was doing in the bathroom.

Of course he was soliciting sex in a public bathroom.  He was caught, pleaded guilty, then tried to weasel his way out with some moronic explanation.

If this lewd individual is not sent packing by the Senate, at the very least the Republican caucus should expel him, and force him to sit as an Independent.  His effectiveness as a Senator is virtually over and done with at this point in time anyway. 

Craig is a drag on the Republican Party and a blight on the Senate.

When he was caught with his pants down, in this case both literally as well as in a manner of speaking, at the very least what he should have done was to admit that, yes, he is a homosexual, and that he has been living a secret life for many years.  In this way, people may have had some respect for his courage and his honesty. 

I don't have a problem at all with Craig being a homosexual.  I do have a problem with him soliciting sex in a public place.  He should have at the least had the common sense to carry out his homosexual activities in a private place, a hotel room or something. 

I also have a problem with Craig insulting everyone's intelligence with his stupid explanation of events, in other words, lying about his activities.

I also have a problem with Craig stating he would resign from the Senate if he was not able to get his guilty plea withdrawn, and then betraying his colleagues, his constituents, and the nation, by going back on his word, and deciding to stay in the Senate, after he was not allowed to withdraw his guilty plea. 

In other words, he lied to the nation.

This is a man not worthy to be called a U.S. Senator.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »

Correct. He's overqualified now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 01:32:57 AM »

Correct. He's overqualified now.

^^^^
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 01:39:15 AM »

I also have a problem with Craig insulting everyone's intelligence with his stupid explanation of events, in other words, lying about his activities.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies