'Amero coming within decade'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:51:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Amero coming within decade'  (Read 2554 times)
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:50:24 PM »

Strategist expects currency changes as Canadian dollar matches greenback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 5, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A commemorative amero coin
BankIntroductions.com, a Canadian company that specializes in global banking strategies and currency consulting, is advising clients that the amero may be the currency of North America within the next 10 years.

"The amero would compete against other regional currency blocks," BankIntroductions.com says. "At present, with the Canadian dollar approaching par, more talk for an amero currency unit will become popular in Canada."

The company says that with the successful implementation of NAFTA, "the one dragging component for the amero will be Mexico, but in time this will change."

"Implementation of the amero currency may actually give Mexico an economic boost, thus helping to alleviate Mexican immigration pressures into the United States for those Mexicans seeking financial gain," BankIntroductions.com advises.

(Story continues below)

"The amero one day may well be circulating throughout North America."

Matt Bell, president of BankIntroductions.com, told WND in an e-mail to "feel free to quote our currency research on Canada. Our general opinion on the amero stands as stated."

As WND reported, coin designer Daniel Carr has issued for sale a series of private-issue fantasy pattern amero coins that have drawn attention on the Internet.

WND also reported the African Union is moving down the path of regional economic integration, with the African Central Bank planning to create the "Gold Mandela" as a single African continental currency by 2010.

The Council on Foreign Relations also has supported regional and global currencies designed to replace nationally issued currencies.

In an article in the May/June issue of Foreign Affairs, entitled "The End of National Currency," CFR economist Benn Steil asserted the dollar is a temporary currency.

Steil concluded "countries should abandon monetary nationalism," moving to adopt regional currencies, on the road to a global "one world currency."

WND previously reported Steve Previs, a vice president at Jeffries International Ltd. in London, said the amero "is the proposed new currency for the North American Community which is being developed right now between Canada, the U.S., and Mexico."

A video clip of the CNBC interview in November with Jeffries is now available at YouTube.com.

WND also has reported a continued slide in the value of the dollar on world currency markets could set up conditions in which the adoption of the amero as a North American currency gains momentum.

Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »

Don't most Caribbean nations use the American dollar also?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

I'm not sure why anyone in Canada or Mexico would want to tie their currency into a US Dollar that is imploding and losing importance.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 12:48:57 AM »

I doubt an American Congress would ever authorize this.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »

Over my dead body.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »

Don't worry, that's the same way I feel about paying for goods with something called a "Loony"
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:48 AM »

I'm not sure why anyone in Canada or Mexico would want to tie their currency into a US Dollar that is imploding and losing importance.

I sometimes think that the huffpuff over a strong/weak currency is a bit overstated.  It means very little to domestic prices (unless you're buying goods from a foreign country who's currency has strengthened against yours), and it boosts export sales.

The one thing to worry about is Debt instruments.  Suddenly (well not so sudden) all those investors have been screwed because their return has lost value as dollars are worth less (remember, they're paid in the currency from the country issuing the debt).  I don't know if I'd want to buy into US instruments if the dollar continues to weaken.  (Nothing to do with the ability of the US govt to repay, no risk there).
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 01:37:44 AM »

OMG AMERO COMING TOMORROW

THE JEWS ARE AT IT AGAIN OR MAYBE IT IS THE MEXICANS

SEND EVERYONE BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM; START WITH THE IRISH
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 03:53:32 AM »

I sometimes think that the huffpuff over a strong/weak currency is a bit overstated.  It means very little to domestic prices (unless you're buying goods from a foreign country who's currency has strengthened against yours), and it boosts export sales.

The one thing to worry about is Debt instruments.  Suddenly (well not so sudden) all those investors have been screwed because their return has lost value as dollars are worth less (remember, they're paid in the currency from the country issuing the debt).  I don't know if I'd want to buy into US instruments if the dollar continues to weaken.  (Nothing to do with the ability of the US govt to repay, no risk there).

It is tempting to believe that changes in your currency's value are no big deal, and easy to believe for the vast majority of americans who cannot afford to ever leave the country (whether the dollar is low or high). 
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »

Who cares if it comes? We should annex everything down to tierra del fuego just to piss off the Nazi types like Stark.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 10:16:36 AM »

Currency-Nationalism always has struck me as being mildly amusing.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

So you support dumping the Pound then?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »

Don't really care.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »

Don't really care.

Easy for you to say.  You wouldn't be sharing with third world nations.

Hmm? I'm not a racist.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 05:58:44 PM »

Who cares if it comes? We should annex everything down to tierra del fuego just to piss off the Nazi types like Stark.

that is nazi like imperialism to conquer all of the western hemisphere.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 06:24:07 PM »

that is nazi like imperialism to conquer all of the western hemisphere.
Sieg Heil. Live the dream.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »

It doesn't make a big difference if , for example manufactured goods, you have to import raw materials like oil and metals from countries whose currencies have exploded.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 06:56:10 PM »

It doesn't make a big difference if , for example manufactured goods, you have to import raw materials like oil and metals from countries whose currencies have exploded.

But aren't those items being sold in dollars (for the time being) in the first place?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »

But aren't those items being sold in dollars (for the time being) in the first place?

And as long as the dollar depreciates, the sellers of those commodities will have every justification to keep raising their prices.

The amero is a bad deal because we don't know how to manage the currency we already control, let alone that of three nations.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 12:18:06 AM »

So Canada and Mexico start using the same money as us...what's the big deal?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 12:41:17 AM »

So Canada and Mexico start using the same money as us...what's the big deal?

Well, with the Amero (as opposed to both just adopting the dollar), the US would lose some (who is to say how much) control over monetary policy-an important lever to control/influence the economy--leaving it control over just fiscal policy.

Then again, the way things have been lately, maybe the Canucks would be better at the monetary policy thang.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 01:05:33 AM »

Hmp. I say they should revive the Latin Monetary Union, or something similar. A specie-backed currency system, but with coins of the same value everywhere - for example, the proposed $4 American gold "Stella" would have been 20 francs.

As for the UK, I think they should revert to the good old days with pounds, shillings, and pence, or simply call their currency a 'Britaino'. The pound belongs to a non-decimal era. There were, in Charlemagne's kingdom, 240 pfennigs to a pound of silver. Although that debased over time to copper, most currencies of the era, including Britain until the seventies, had 240 small units to a large unit  (with intermediary units, of course, like the Shilling). The one exception I found is the Netherlands, where there were 320 pennings to a gulden (but 480 to a daalder - a multiple of 240).

By all rights, our current currency should be the "Amero" or perhaps the "USAo"...as they're basically paper pieces of confidence in the US's government and economy.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »

Similar nations should have the same currency, such as Norway, Sweden and Denmark; UK and Ireland; Spain and Portugal; Latin America or parts of the US and Canada outside of Quebec.  The euro and the amero go much too far.  There is absolutely no reason that Finland or Ireland should be using the same currency as Spain or Italy.  There is no reason that Canada should have the same money as Mexico or Quebec.  Each region of the US and Canada should use their own currency, such as Cascadia, New England, California, Texas, the Great Lakes region, the Great Plains and Quebec.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies