I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:26:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder  (Read 2985 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:35 AM »

With my recently tirade against BNC Bank (which btw was 10x worse in real life, I actually cussed out my mom on the phone just because she works there, even though she had nothing to do with my problem), I'm wondering if something's wrong. I have a tendency to develop obsessive hatreds over minor things (like you've seen with suburbs and Ralph Nader). It happened when I was younger too, I would yell at and hit my brothers over minor incidents, and once got in a fight with a kid over a trivial video game console argument. My middle school years I had such a hatred of Sega I boycotted everything Sega including arcade games and refused to be friends with anyone who played it. I yelled at random kids I had never met before if they were wearing a shirt of anything Sega related. I would even do things like throw rocks at random skateboarders because I had a rivalry at school with a group of kids who liked to skateboard.

Have you heard of anything of this type before?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:41:14 AM »

Yeah, you might want to seek help.

and btw

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:59:01 AM »

With my recently tirade against BNC Bank (which btw was 10x worse in real life, I actually cussed out my mom on the phone just because she works there, even though she had nothing to do with my problem), I'm wondering if something's wrong. I have a tendency to develop obsessive hatreds over minor things (like you've seen with suburbs and Ralph Nader). It happened when I was younger too, I would yell at and hit my brothers over minor incidents, and once got in a fight with a kid over a trivial video game console argument. My middle school years I had such a hatred of Sega I boycotted everything Sega including arcade games and refused to be friends with anyone who played it. I yelled at random kids I had never met before if they were wearing a shirt of anything Sega related. I would even do things like throw rocks at random skateboarders because I had a rivalry at school with a group of kids who liked to skateboard.

Have you heard of anything of this type before?
Yes, I think you have a problem.  And maybe you should see someone about that.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »

I always knew BRTD was really Bill O'Reilly.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:33:04 AM »

You*re certainly able to bear a grudge for long.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »

Just go get your head checked out already. Maybe go get some psychiatric medicine to piss off the Scientologists.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:06 AM »

Just go get your head checked out already. Maybe go get some psychiatric medicine to piss off the Scientologists.

He could be supporting a ralph nader company though. Undecided
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »

you cussed out your mom?

classy.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:12:04 AM »

Yes, I think so. I would definitely recommend seeking help for it. If you can't afford a regular psychologist, there should be help you can seek on campus for little to no cost. Non profit organizations also often offer psychiatric services, charging you only on the basis of your income and what you can afford to pay.

There's absolutely no shame whatsoever in seeking some sort of mental help. It was tremendously helpful for me, and certainly ways to control and manage the anger you feel and get to the root cause of it can make a huge difference in how you feel.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »

I didn't really swear at her, just ranted about how terrible her company is and how I hope it gets wiped out.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »

I didn't really swear at her, just ranted about how terrible her company is and how I hope it gets wiped out.

The Rothschild's won't allow it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 01:54:11 PM »

Looking at your first post... eh... whatever it is you do seem to need some help of some sort.

Btw, why doth thee hate BNC Bank so much anyway?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »

Seems they were doing a little computer maintenence and he tried to access his account so much that they put a hold on his account for a few days. Certainly nothing to flip out and obsess about.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 02:06:01 PM »

Seems they were doing a little computer maintenence and he tried to access his account so much that they put a hold on his account for a few days. Certainly nothing to flip out and obsess about.

That all?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

Well, that can be pretty frustrating. Especially if you suddenly can't draw any money and noone can really tell you why.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 02:36:35 PM »

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.

And I think we all know what happened the last time someone had an anger management issue.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 02:43:58 PM »

Nah, I've always thought of you as rational and level-headed.

You said I'd vote for a third party just above. So now why does that change now? You also once said "I can't wait till you have to support Mr. Nader." I WOULD CUT OFF MY HAND BEFORE USING IT TO FILL IN THE BOX NEXT TO THAT VILE DISGUSTING PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE WHO NEEDS TO DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND BLOW HIS F**KING BRAINS OUT.

Oh, and as I stated elsewhere, banks usually impose daily limits for ATM withdrawals.  It's actually designed to protect you, mostly.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »

Well, that can be pretty frustrating. Especially if you suddenly can't draw any money and noone can really tell you why.

Oh true (sort of happend to be a couple of times).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 10:25:57 PM »

Yes, BRTD.  Dealing with banks can be incredibly frustrating.  I reported Wells Fargo to the Comptroller of the Currency once for royally screwing me.  They did find wrongdoing on the bank's part, but the bank agreed immediately to fix it and they gave me 3 $30 inconvenience coupons on top of it.  That coupled with immediately closing my account and moving all of my checking/savings to a local bank HQed here made me much happier.  Now when I have a problem, I never have to deal with anybody outside of the city limits and it's always resolved quickly.

Sure, the ATM fees are a bit worse when I'm out of town... but trust me.. local banks are the way to go, in my experience.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »

1-Do maintenance starting at 8PM on a Saturday night instead of a remote time when it's unlikely many people would try to access their account.
2-Do it over a three day weekend meaning anyone who does accidentally lock out their account can't get it fixed until Tuesday the next week, instead of immediately.

Oh, and as I stated elsewhere, banks usually impose daily limits for ATM withdrawals.  It's actually designed to protect you, mostly.

That doesn't mean the bank has to do the above listed things.

Here's a side ancedote: Last night I logged onto D2L (a program my school uses for submitting assignments online) and there was a notice that it'd be down for maintenance Sunday from 5-9AM. THAT'S the time you do that sort of thing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

Something else...

I'm actually pretty calm and reasonable to things that would outrage most people. This summer in Indianapolis a drunk high school kid who was in the group hanging out with me puked next to my car, then actually started picking it up off the ground and throwing it and rocks at my car. I was as cool as could be and just told the people he was traveling with to get some paper towels and it was no big deal. Hell, I wasn't even all that bothered when my freshman roommate puked on my bed.

But despite that, some relatively trivial things will really get me insane.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »

I can't say exactly what it is, not being a psychologist, but you do seem to have a certain tendency towards random yet extremely strong obsessions, as others have noted, to the point where you seem to think of little else for the longest time and then just suddenly stop it.  I do think it'd be worth getting a professional opinion on it.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »

This summer in Indianapolis a drunk high school kid who was in the group hanging out with me puked next to my car, then actually started picking it up off the ground and throwing it and rocks at my car. I was as cool as could be and just told the people he was traveling with to get some paper towels and it was no big deal.

That might be an equally good reason to get an evaluation.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »

This summer in Indianapolis a drunk high school kid who was in the group hanging out with me puked next to my car, then actually started picking it up off the ground and throwing it and rocks at my car. I was as cool as could be and just told the people he was traveling with to get some paper towels and it was no big deal.

That might be an equally good reason to get an evaluation.

Ah, the forum's resident wise-ass and extreme prude.  You never fail us, Hard C!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies