I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:57:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm wondering if I have an anger management disorder  (Read 2988 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »

Well, that can be pretty frustrating. Especially if you suddenly can't draw any money and noone can really tell you why.

1-Do maintenance starting at 8PM on a Saturday night instead of a remote time when it's unlikely many people would try to access their account.
2-Do it over a three day weekend meaning anyone who does accidentally lock out their account can't get it fixed until Tuesday the next week, instead of immediately.

Oh, and as I stated elsewhere, banks usually impose daily limits for ATM withdrawals.  It's actually designed to protect you, mostly.

That doesn't mean the bank has to do the above listed things.

Are you certain that it was closed for maintenance?  I think you mentioned that you made multiple withdrawals on the same day before your attempt that locked you out.  If so, then this is pretty normal.

Most banks impose limits on the number of withdrawals you can make per day.  The reasons for this are two-fold: to prevent possible identity thieves from going on sprees once they find that they can access the account a first time, and also to prevent possible 'runs on the bank' (unlikely but true).  The former is there to protect you, so I really don't get why you felt the need to hurl abuse at them for it.  I'd love to know what you'd have said to them if somebody had got hold of your card and started making unlimited fraudulent ATM withdrawals, thus emptying your account.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 11:27:43 AM »

No, I didn't make any withdrawals that day. I made several ATTEMPTED withdrawals from multiple ATMs, all saying my PIN was rejected. It was rejected for system maintenance, which is what my mom told me who as I said works there.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 11:31:40 AM »

Okay, my bad.  To be honest it sounds to me more like a system fault rather than system maintenance, but I have no reason to disprove what a BNC Bank employee has told you.

Either way, your response was of course a complete over-reaction.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »

Either way, your response was of course a complete over-reaction.

If the money disappeared however......
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »

Ya wanna calm yer'sel frickin' well doon Tongue [says he who's been on a roll of his own lately Grin]

HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 12:32:51 AM »

Ah, the forum's resident wise-ass and extreme prude.  You never fail us, Hard C!

Yes, only an extreme prude would react to a high-schooler hand-shovelling vomit into his car.  How silly of me.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies