Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 06:59:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  Board Rules - UPDATED, please read.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Board Rules - UPDATED, please read.  (Read 16713 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:46:24 am »
Ignore

In addition there are also a set of what might be termed silly rules, posted here entirely for my amusement:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:21:26 am by Sibboleth »Logged

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:23:29 am »
Ignore

I think a re-naming of the days of the week would be appropriate at this junction  Smiley
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:43:55 pm »
Ignore

(laughs at boardbashi's jokes)

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:44:57 pm »

Does endorsing a party/candidate and defending him/her/them permitted, without becoming a partisan hack and the like?

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 12:48:19 pm »
Ignore

Does endorsing a party/candidate and defending him/her/them permitted, without becoming a partisan hack and the like?

Sure. And being a partisan hack is fine as well; note the use of the word "ultra". The rules haven't changed; just that I thought I had to write them down to clear a few things up.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:15 pm »
Ignore

(laughs at boardbashi's jokes)

*nods in an approving, and slightly senile, way*

I think a re-naming of the days of the week would be appropriate at this junction  Smiley

This seems like a sensible idea.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:15:24 am »
Ignore

I don't see anything in your posted rules disallowing certain kinds of political speech such as 'calling for military coups'. 

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 06:19:10 am »
Ignore

I don't see anything in your posted rules disallowing certain kinds of political speech such as 'calling for military coups'.  

I think that fits very well into the "bigoted remarks" category.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:53 am »
Ignore

I think that fits very well into the "bigoted remarks" category.

It has nothing to do with bigotry.  We might just as well label any political preference a 'bigoted remark'.  We could disallow anything we like under such a rule.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:42:07 am »
Ignore

Basic Rules, point 3, and Capital Offenses, point 6.

Oh, and this post itself falls under Capital Offenses, point 1.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 11:30:25 am »
Ignore

I've decided to update the rules to make things clearer to new posters as this board is not run like the others. I've also made up a new punishment for use in extreme circumstances.

And I'm going to use it for the first time as well: I am not going to let this disgusting individual post on this board in the future. Of course the offence was committed on another board, but was sufficiently despicable that I don't much care. I've mentioned what he did in the punishment notice, just to make the situation absolutely clear. If for some reason you aren't happy with that, then the man to contact is Eric.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:18:18 pm »
Ignore

What did Emperor do ?

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »
Ignore

What did Emperor do ?

I've mentioned it in the new punishments notice (which is at the top of this thread) by way of an example. He actually did it twice.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 01:05:14 pm »
Ignore

"praising the murder of scores of defenceless teenagers"

Wait, SERIOUSLY ? OK, I knew this guy was a bigoted hack, but this goes beyond any imagination. I hope this piece of sh*t gets banned ASAP.

It really is.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 01:15:19 pm »
Ignore

Were did it happen BTW ? I followed the main thread wuite closely and never noticed him posts...

It really is.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 01:24:04 pm »
Ignore

Were did it happen BTW ? I followed the main thread wuite closely and never noticed him posts...

It was in the main Ut°ya thread earlier today. Deleted very quickly both times, though still seen by more than a few people.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »
Ignore

Why is he not banned?

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 04:34:20 pm »
Ignore

Why is he not banned?

Well, you know how the administration of this website is quick...
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 04:48:33 pm »
Ignore

If by quick you mean unacceptably stupid, then yes, I agree.

Use a sock for a short period of time? OMG YOU ARE A TERRYWRIST
Insult people on purpose to purposefully start a flame war? Meh, we'll let you back soonish.
Support the slaughter of innocent children? Just delete it so no one else will ever know what he said.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »
Ignore

I think Max means they will ban him, but just haven't done it yet.

If it's not the case, then Teddy is 1,000,000% right.

It really is.

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »
Ignore

I mean than the administration is slow to ban people. I don't know if they will ban him or not, I'm not a moderator, neither involved in the administration on the site, obviously.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »
Ignore

I mean than the administration is slow to ban people. I don't know if they will ban him or not, I'm not a moderator, neither involved in the administration on the site, obviously.

Nym has temporarily banned him, and will review the case when he has time.  The mods often act slowly because we have to deal with Real Life, and aren't able to devote time to Atlas every single day.  Tongue

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 05:11:34 pm »
Ignore

Nym has temporarily banned him, and will review the case when he has time.  The mods often act slowly because we have to deal with Real Life, and aren't able to devote time to Atlas every single day.  Tongue

No, I understand than real life is more important than Atlas. I also see than in the last years more efficient procedures were adopted and than they are useful.

Continue the good work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout