NM Sen: Chavez (D) announces candidacy for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:16:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NM Sen: Chavez (D) announces candidacy for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NM Sen: Chavez (D) announces candidacy for Senate  (Read 4318 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »

Looks like Rep. Pearce is "testing the waters." A NM blog reported that Pearce has paid for GOP primary polling matchups pitting him against Wilson. The one reason Rep. Pearce is holding off announcing now is the potential of the rather conservative land commish also jumping into the primary. Such as scenario would divide the GOP vote, thus handing the primary to Wilson.

On a side note, does anyone know why Rep. Tom Davis hasn't announced his candidacy yet? Is he waiting for the completion of the VA Leg elections (his wife's up for reelection), or has he been cowed by Mark Warner?

I don't know if he formally announced, but I thought there was every indication—including statements from Davis—that he's in the race.

I also know that the polling doesn't look too great for his wife, so if he is hesitant to formally announce, he's got every reason to be.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies