TN-4: Davis Announces Early for Tennessee Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:54:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-4: Davis Announces Early for Tennessee Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-4: Davis Announces Early for Tennessee Governor  (Read 1611 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: October 09, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »

Although the election to replace term-limited Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen (D) won’t be until 2010, Rep. Lincoln Davis (D-TN) has already announced his intention to run for the seat, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Davis likely announced early to preempt popular former Congressman and current leader of the DLC Harold Ford from running for the governorship -- a position in which he has expressed considerable interest. The two are close, with Davis having served as campaign chair for Ford’s unsuccessful 2006 senate bid. Davis explained, “I would imagine that if I’m in the race, he’ll step aside."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/10/09/davis_announces_early_for_tennessee_governor.html

This means TN-4 will probably be an open-seat in the 2010 midterms, and I would imagine the GOP might already be viewing it as a pickup given the elections are likely to occur in the second year of a Democratic Presidency.

TN-4 voted 58%-41% for George W. Bush in 2004, after giving him a 50%-49% victory in 2000.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies