Sam Spade Senate Campaign Q&A
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:08:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sam Spade Senate Campaign Q&A
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade Senate Campaign Q&A  (Read 797 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2007, 02:42:17 PM »

Until I get an opponent, I've been kind of opposed to campaigning.  But I do think it's important to have a Q&A thread, in case my constituents (and future voters) have any questions of the Spade campaign.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »

You have my full support.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:34:31 PM »

You've got my vote.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Future Senator and Mr. Governor.  Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »

Why are you so right-wing?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »

Why are you so left-wing?  Maybe it's a determination made from what viewpoint you see through.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »

Question we will ask all candidates, from Emirates News

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc.)?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 08:20:50 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Future Senator and Mr. Governor.  Smiley

Well, I was going to endorse you, but then you got cocky.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »

I would like to announce my full support for the PPT in his reelection bid.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 04:43:01 PM »

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc.)?

Could you please list your politics and major themes, since I was unable to discover such by perusal through your thread?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »

Could you please list your politics and major themes, since I was unable to discover such by perusal through your thread?

Looking at my PM score gives a rough indication, and other themes that I care about is secularism, immigration and its relation to law/justice, democratic reform (PR-STV etc.), funding education (should the govt. also fund faith-based schools etc.), and global warming/environment. My politics are centrist, moderate, and could be considered in ways liberal and also conservative.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »

Sam, you have my full support.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 11:16:41 PM »

Looking at my PM score gives a rough indication, and other themes that I care about is secularism, immigration and its relation to law/justice, democratic reform (PR-STV etc.), funding education (should the govt. also fund faith-based schools etc.), and global warming/environment. My politics are centrist, moderate, and could be considered in ways liberal and also conservative.

Secularism is a very broad ideal that encompasses many things, so my reply will be equally broad.  I personally don't want the federal government involved in forcing secular beliefs or agenda on people, inasmuch as I don't want the federal government involved in forcing religious beliefs or agenda on people.  Presently, this government is leaning too much towards one way than the other and I do not support this imbalance.  For my opinion on this divide, go read Hugo Black's opinion in Everson.

I support legal immigration.  I am against illegal immigration, which continues to be furthered by this administration under the guise of lessening requirements to become legal immigrants.  Ernest's bill approved a couple of sessions ago was a fairly good solution to this problem, and I shall continue to work to remove every bit of pro-illegal immigrant propaganda that Porce has put into nearly every piece of legislation to pass this present Senate.

I am one of those people who is against PR-STV.  Just so you know.  Smiley

I want more local control in education.  I do not support the federal government funding faith-based schools.  I think the Southeast system of vouchers is a nice idea and has been unfortunately ended by the unconstitutional piece of legislation the Senate just passed.

On the environment, I supported the compromise Carbon Tax passed by the Senate.  I opposed Kyoto as unworkable.  I view myself as a centrist on the environment, and am willing to support reasonable controls and tax credits that will help emerging energy industries, but I will simply not let Atlasia's economy, nor its energy needs by stymied by unrealistic and damaging controls on effective and cheap uses of power.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 03:52:43 AM »

Not that I anticipate you'd need it (or that it'd help), but you have my official endorsement.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »

Ditto. I've never seen a better Senator.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies