Idea: Mock Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:18:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Idea: Mock Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Idea: Mock Parliament  (Read 29161 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »

Name: Marco Rossi
Province of Birth: Limeria
Ethnic Background: Portuguese
Religion: Roman Catholic
Political stance: Populist(Left)
Party: Parti Radical Democratique (Free Democrats)

Background.

Born in Port Valjean, Limeria on July 5, 1978. Born into a lower class Portuguese family, Marco of course had little to no money growing up. Marco's father wanted him to take over the small family business, but of course Marco had bigger dreams. At the age of 19 Marco left home to go to college in London, England. He study History and Political Science there for 4 years. After college he return home to be with his family. At this time his Father was very ill, and a year after returning home his Father die. Marco sold his Father business to his best friend.

I am joining Parti Radical Democratique (Free Democrats)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »

I believe so; I just vaguely remember someone making a Conservative Party and I think it's ridiculous/unrealistic that almost everyone seems bent on creating a party of their very own.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »

What sort of dictatorship got ended, and how?  I'd like to know that so I can flesh out my bio more fully and know whether I was opposed, supportive, or indifferent to the dictatorship.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2007, 06:31:59 PM »

Proposed history for the Church of Antillia

Anglican churches were formally established only after the formal annexation of the island by the British crown in 1815, but Anglican services were held prior to that during of the occupations of the island by British forces in various wars.   The Church of England in Antillia was never an established church as by the time there was Anglo majority on the island, the idea of having an established church had fallen in disrepute.  The Church of England in Antillia was subordinated to the Anglican Diocese of Newfoundland upon the creation of that diocese in 1839, with the Archdeacon of Port Valjean as the head of the Church of England in Antillia at that time.  In 1860, in conjunction with the creation of the Ecclesiastical Province of Canada (and the transfer of the Diocese of Newfoundland to it) a second deaconate was established in Alberton.  During the next decades additional deaconates would be established until there was one in each province, even those such as Clairive, which had a small enough Anglo population that the deaconate and the parish were one and the same.  In 1925,  it was decided to promote both Antillia and Bermuda (also then part of the Diocese of Newfoundland) to diocesan status and to make the Anglican Churches of Antillia and Bermuda extra-provincial dioceses subordinate to the Archbishop of Canterbury.  There was some controversy over where to place the new bishop's seat, but it was finally decided in 1931 to place it in the capital, Alberton instead of Port Valjean when the government of New Ulster province offered the church land for the cathedral and to defray a portion of the expenses of building it so as to provide jobs during the depression, an offer Limeria, with its significant Francophone Catholic minority population, was unwilling to meet, thereby settling the issue.  Under the first dictatorship, the name was changed to simply the Church of Antillia, but it remained a member of the Anglican Communion.

The Church of Antillia does not ordain either women or openly gay men as priests, but it has refrained from joining those members of the Anglican Communion seeking to punish or expel the Episcopal Church in the United States of America over the issue of ordination of gay priests and bishops.  The issue of the ordination of women is likely to be raised again at the next synod, as it has been at the last few synods.  The church has informally decided that until and unless there is civil gay marriage, it will defer the issue of gay priests as it has a strong institutional bias towards married priests, and having "married" priests that are not married under civil law would be awkward.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2007, 09:55:05 PM »

What sort of dictatorship got ended, and how?  I'd like to know that so I can flesh out my bio more fully and know whether I was opposed, supportive, or indifferent to the dictatorship.

Yes I'll write this possibly later tonight or tomorrow since I have all this up in my head but I still need to put it into definitive detail.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2007, 11:16:04 AM »

Name: Nikolai Sarantopoulos
Province: New Wales
Place of Birth: Wellington
Ethnic background: Greek
Religion: Byzantine Catholic
Party: Social Credit

Nikolai Sarantopoulos was born in a log cabin to a conservative logging family of immigrants from Greece. He had a very hard life growing up, being subject to some of the worst of the Great Depression (he is quite old) but he has risen above that level now and is a well standing right-wing populist politician.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies