Competance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:00:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Competance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Competance  (Read 898 times)
oldnumber7

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »

My own analysis is that once the nominations are settled, the upcoming election (as viewed by swing voters) will have more to do with competant leadership than ideology or single issues. It would be a reaction to the perceived incompetance of the current administration to manage the war (whether those voters agree with the war or not) and the current administration's perceived incompetance on other issues. It's no surprise to me that Clinton and Giuliani are ahead now; both communicate a sense that they can get things done without a lot of bumbling. The big question is: Will voters punish the Republicans just because of Bush, or can the GOP get past that? Some GOP voters are ready to defect, but won't be inclined to do it if the Dems don't nominate a pragmatist. Hillary is playing it very smart by positioning herself for November instead of February. The way she's going, I'd even consider voting for her (something I never thought I'd say a couple of years ago). But if the Dems nominate Edwards or even Obama, they risk blowing a huge opportunity.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies