Have you ever been appalled by violent media? (Movies, video games) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Have you ever been appalled by violent media? (Movies, video games) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever been appalled by violent media? (Movies, video games)
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Have you ever been appalled by violent media? (Movies, video games)  (Read 2346 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: October 17, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
« edited: October 17, 2007, 11:40:14 AM by Michael Z »

I'm not asking if you think such things should be banned or whatever, blah blah blah, just if there is any such things you've seen that seriously disturbed you and you were possibly worried children could access it.

Answer: No. I found the smoking in Sin City far more offensive than the violence.

Well, putting aside the smoking and the violence and the bad language and whatnot, I find the fact that Sin City is a plotless, overhyped piece of trash which was hailed as "original" by a bunch of tools who have clearly never seen Casshern to be what was truly offensive about this movie. Not that I'm unhinged or have a disproportionately strong way of expressing my opinion or anything.

On the more general question, I have never been offended by a movie on grounds of violence. I don't particularly like gory movies if the gore is there solely for kicks and doesn't carry some kind of underlying moral message, but then again I don't have to watch it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies