Hillary Clinton... and then?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:32:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Hillary Clinton... and then?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton... and then?  (Read 1143 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:41 AM »

I try to follow USA policy from my country, France, and i've actually these interrogations:

First, how does Hillary Clinton speacks to the evangelicals? Does she promises things? same questions for Obama.

Then, if Hillary Clinton takes the nomination for 2008 and if she goes to White House, won't it drives democrat party definitly on the right for moral values? So that making the two parties (GOP and democrat) on the right and making no more choice in the future on these values.

Thancks for answers
gorkay

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:13:17 PM »

Hillary Clinton doesn't say much to the evangelicals one way or the other. She knows she won't get any votes from them because they are ultra-conservative, and they regard her and her husband as incarnations of evil. Don't ask me why. Obama doesn't have anything to do with them either, for much the same reasons.

Her nomination wouldn't move the Democratic party to the right, left, or much of anywhere on "moral values," because her views are pretty much in sync on them with what the majority of Democrats favor. Her election would definitely move them to the left of what they are now.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »

Obama and Clinton having been making some overtures to the religious right mostly because the Republicans have failed to put forth a candidate that social conservatives can rally around.  As a result, Democrats are trying to play up other issues such as helping the poor that are also important to people with strong faith.  Clinton isn't going to make any concessions to them on social issues though.  A Clinton presidency will not mean a move to the right for Democrats.
gorkay

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 04:22:30 PM »

Hillary Clinton doesn't say much to the evangelicals one way or the other. She knows she won't get any votes from them because they are ultra-conservative, and they regard her and her husband as incarnations of evil. Don't ask me why. Obama doesn't have anything to do with them either, for much the same reasons.

Her nomination wouldn't move the Democratic party to the right, left, or much of anywhere on "moral values," because her views are pretty much in sync on them with what the majority of Democrats favor. Her election would definitely move them to the left of what they are now.
That last sentence should have read that her election would move the White House to the left of where it is now.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 07:13:36 AM »

Thanck you

Hope that both of you are right
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length