Based purely on weather, which city would like rather live in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Based purely on weather, which city would like rather live in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Huh
Seattle/Vancouver (cold, damp/rainy winters with pleasant, dry summers)

Atlanta, GA (Very hot, sticky summers with cold and rainy winters, but pleasant spring and fall)

Miami (Warm to hot all year round, but with lots of rain and the threat of hurricanes)

Phoenix  (Very hot summers that can be humid, cool, damp winters, warm fall and spring)

Minneapolis (Pleasant to warm summer, pleasant fall, cold, snowy winter, stormy spring)

San Diego (Mild to warm all year round with wet weather in winter only)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Based purely on weather, which city would like rather live in?  (Read 3153 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 12:20:44 AM »

No.  London.. well, Britain in general, has very little actual nice weather.  It rarely gets below about 28*F and it rarely gets above 80*F and those 25" of rain are spread out evenly throughout the year, so they have a lot more cloudy days during summer than Seattle, which has very nice summers.

If you want to complain about miserable weather, try Southeast Alaska.  Some locales get 200 inches of rain per year.  Juneau, for example, gets about 100" of rain per year with average highs in July of only 64*F.  Then, in winter, there are brief cold snaps with temps down to 0*F with heavy snow and then a brief melt with gale force winds and temps of about 35-40.. and once the snow turns into slush and starts to melt, it's back down to 15*F with a dusting of snow.. so you have a foot of rock hard ice with a dusting of snow on top and 50mph winds barreling down the mountains that are as steep as cliffs from the ice fields making it feel pretty miserable.  Oh yeah... and you only have about 5 hours of sun per day.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 01:59:30 PM »

Don't you have one on offer with warm, dry spring, long, hot summer, cold, snowy winter, and no discernible fall? I hate fall.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »

Don't you have one on offer with warm, dry spring, long, hot summer, cold, snowy winter, and no discernible fall? I hate fall.

You could try Fairbanks, Alaska.  Their winter is very cold and snowy, lasting until late April.  Spring is the driest season in central Alaska and is generally pretty mild with few large changes.  The summer is then warm, though not all that long.  Fall comes for about 2 weeks in August before winter comes back in mid-September or so.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 11:27:13 PM »

Well, weather-wise I'd like to live anywhere but London, really. If you think Seattle is damp and rainy in winter you wanna check this f***ing place out.

Ever been to the Seattle area?  You might change your mind if you come here in the fall or winter and stay a month or so. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 02:28:24 PM »

You could try Fairbanks, Alaska.  Their winter is very cold and snowy, lasting until late April.  Spring is the driest season in central Alaska and is generally pretty mild with few large changes.  The summer is then warm, though not all that long.  Fall comes for about 2 weeks in August before winter comes back in mid-September or so.
All they'd have to do is flip the length of summer and winter around and it'd be just fine. Smiley
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

Minneapolis is my first choice.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »

Minneapolis (even if weather wasn't a factor).
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 02:01:16 AM »

First Choice- Minneapolis

Second Choice- Seattle

Last Choice- Atlanta     (That water shortage they're having is very serious.)

I hate high humidity/high dewpoints. San Diego would be okay, except it never gets cold, and I like to have all 4 seasons. Plus I'm not sure if the ocean is warm enough to swim there.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 03:08:00 AM »

1.) San Diego
2.) Miami
amoroth91
Political Matrix
E: 1.00, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 04:10:25 AM »

SLC
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »

San Diego, since I've been there before. Seattle and Minneapolis are close seconds.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies