Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:45:07 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  2008 Scenario
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2008 Scenario  (Read 1278 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:52:34 pm »
Ignore

At the convention, Clinton is nominated overwelmingly on the first ballot, she selects John Edwards as her running mate. However, their are some questions about what is going on at the convention. Particulary, with the nominee`s husband, Bill Clinton. It is revealed on the convention floor that he snuck away after the convention events were over the day before and he stayed in another part of Denver in a unknown hotel. Their, an old part of the Clinton administration, Monica Lewinski, checked into the hotel. It was revealed by the new york times and confirmed by a witness, that she and Bill Clinton had sex together in the hotel room. This leaves the Clinton name badly shown in the country. However, the convention still nominates Clinton and she selects Edwards as her running mate as named before. But, her polling is way down and she threatens to file a divorce because of the sex scandal. However, she ends up not and announces to the press that she supports her husband fully, as he does her, and that no divorce will take place between the two of them.

On the republican side, Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson go head to head for the republican nomination. Thompson does better in the polls after the Ronald Reagan style comes out of him and people begin to see the comparison between him and the late president. His comparison to Reagan wins Thompson the California primary and ultimately the republican nomination. At the convention, Thompson is nominated on the first ballot and he selects Rudy Giuliani as his running mate. In his acceptance speech, Thompson promises to return strong conservative principles to the presidency and he criticizes the Clinton family for the sex scandal.

Now, Clinton is in trouble, and Thompson is coming clean. Who wins this election?
Discuss with maps.
cp
YaBB God
United Kingdom

P P
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:13 pm »
Ignore

What I would give to have just a tiny little bit of whatever it is you were on when you came up with that.
Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 08:20:54 pm »
Ignore

At the convention, Clinton is nominated overwelmingly on the first ballot, she selects John Edwards as her running mate. However, their are some questions about what is going on at the convention. Particulary, with the nominee`s husband, Bill Clinton. It is revealed on the convention floor that he snuck away after the convention events were over the day before and he stayed in another part of Denver in a unknown hotel. Their, an old part of the Clinton administration, Monica Lewinski, checked into the hotel. It was revealed by the new york times and confirmed by a witness, that she and Bill Clinton had sex together in the hotel room. This leaves the Clinton name badly shown in the country. However, the convention still nominates Clinton and she selects Edwards as her running mate as named before. But, her polling is way down and she threatens to file a divorce because of the sex scandal. However, she ends up not and announces to the press that she supports her husband fully, as he does her, and that no divorce will take place between the two of them.

On the republican side, Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson go head to head for the republican nomination. Thompson does better in the polls after the Ronald Reagan style comes out of him and people begin to see the comparison between him and the late president. His comparison to Reagan wins Thompson the California primary and ultimately the republican nomination. At the convention, Thompson is nominated on the first ballot and he selects Rudy Giuliani as his running mate. In his acceptance speech, Thompson promises to return strong conservative principles to the presidency and he criticizes the Clinton family for the sex scandal.

Now, Clinton is in trouble, and Thompson is coming clean. Who wins this election?
Discuss with maps.

This is the most absurd scenario.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:36 pm »
Ignore

lol, a witness?  What, was Bill having Chelsea watch or something?

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 10:27:21 pm »
Ignore

Why would Moncia go for William Jefferson again?

What happened to Romney in the Republican Nomination, did Thompson do something to his mormon wives or something?

Once again why would John Edwards accept the Vice Presidency in 2008? When he brought nothing to the Democratic ticket in 2004.

What an absurd scenario you have here, ReaganRepublican.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 04:17:55 pm »
Ignore

I think Clinton is smart enough to keep his d**k in his pants until his wife is in the white house...or at least to be VERY discreet.

And at this point, every American over the age of 5 knows that Bill Clinton is a philanderer. Being reminded of this fact definately won't help Hillary, but by election day it will be a non-issue. If Hillary is percieved as strong even in the face of evidence that her husband is cheating, it could even help her.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 04:32:30 pm »
Ignore

I did not ask for comments on how unrealistic my story was or how bad my grammar is or anything to that cause.

I asked nicely for a map or atleast an explanation of an result in this scenario.

Please stick to the scenario given and do not focus on how uinrealistic the scenario is. Just go with it, as I do with yours. Thank you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 04:43:47 pm »
Ignore

No one cares if Bill had an affair this time.  They see Thompson as the lazy sack of worthlessness he is and elect Hillary.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 04:50:22 pm »
Ignore

There's no doubt that America would rather vote for Hillary Clinton, who's husband is sleeping with Monica Lewinsky or somebody else, than vote for Fred Thompson who's wife is 35 years younger than him. Now that's scary.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 04:51:57 pm »
Ignore

gporter/gporter all the way on this puppy.

truth serum
Strategos Autokrator
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 10:47:39 am »
Ignore

Clinton wins only narrowly as opposed to the landslide which would have occured otherwise. Tongue  However, Bill's affair helps Hillary carry Arkansas by a tremendous margin for some reason.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 10:57:10 am »
Ignore

Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 11:59:53 am »
Ignore

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:53 pm »
Ignore

n/c
gorkay
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 12:05:04 pm »
Ignore

I did not ask for comments on how unrealistic my story was or how bad my grammar is or anything to that cause.

I asked nicely for a map or atleast an explanation of an result in this scenario.

Please stick to the scenario given and do not focus on how uinrealistic the scenario is. Just go with it, as I do with yours. Thank you.

I realize you only posted this scenario for fun, but those of you who post implausible ones have to realize that it's hard to work up much interest in them or make a prediction for them.
Lіef
Lief
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 12:05:21 pm »
Ignore

RIP opebo
RIP the jfmtsc
RIP joshgreen
RIP King

Don't get me wrong, I love variety, and get a kick out of all these odors.
gorkay
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 12:07:04 pm »
Ignore

There's no doubt that America would rather vote for Hillary Clinton, who's husband is sleeping with Monica Lewinsky or somebody else, than vote for Fred Thompson who's wife is 35 years younger than him. Now that's scary.

I don't see what either thing has to do with voting for one or the other of them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout