Clinton/Bayh vs Rudy/Mitty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:16:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Clinton/Bayh vs Rudy/Mitty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would win?
Clinton/Bayh

Rudy/Mitty

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Clinton/Bayh vs Rudy/Mitty  (Read 7252 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 23, 2007, 04:33:47 PM »

I don't think Rudy's pro-choice credentials will save him in the west. He is doing better with guns though.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »

Be careful, lol.

Some of us are a trfile older than that, and more than familiar with voting trends, patterns, demography etc etc.

Having said all of that, I'm not giving the Dem any of these states yet - not even AR. But I think that people have also got to get a grip on the fact that the removal of the imcumbent (who was tailor made for states like KY, WV, MO, WV etc etc) does throw a lot of things up in the air. And to presume that the Dems have to essentially nominate a DINO to win (some believe they are about to do so anyway) - is equally wrong (although based on some facts) - in the case of Clinton she's already an established NATIONAL political figure - her views count - her geogrpahy won't - unlike Kerry... basically what I'm saying is her "liberalness" will hurt her... not the fact she's from the NE... especially in the case of a Romney or Giuliani candidacy.

I think to make absolute statements at this stage is wrong, simply because of the letter after their name - I personally don't think Giuliani will play very well in a general in the "border" states, nor will Romney.

I don't think in this particular scenario Bayh could swing IN, I think he could make KY close, OH is already looking good - plus help in states like MO and IA. I don't think we can or should base expected results on 2004 - no more than we could judge 2000 on 1996.
Yeah, I don't know how a 21st century democrat is going to win back the old 20th century while doing badly in places where the 20th century GOP base is eroding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies