RISK Domination IV: Finished! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:11:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Domination IV: Finished! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RISK Domination IV: Finished!  (Read 51257 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 09, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »

Hey, I'm new around here, but I've been lurking for a while.  I love Risk, so I've been watching this game and am going to apply for the next one.  Just wanted you to know that there's an error in the map and Happy Warrior should have two battalions on LA, not one. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:20:14 PM »

Sensei can actually do some good if puts his forces in Tennessee and attacks Missouri-Oklahoma-New Mexico.

I've decided I'm rooting for the neutral army in Arkansas.  Any force that can stay in the game three turns while only holding one state with a fairly weak garrison has my applause.

And as far as Sensei's move, your proposal would totally leave him open to attack from Lewis from the north  (Lewis is almost inevitably going to try to seize the Mid-Atlantic this coming turn).
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »

Should Happy Warrior try for New Mexico?  It seems logical, but it strikes me that it just might provoke Fezzy enough to try to wipe the Red Army out next turn.  After all, with 4 Risk Cards, HW will be both a tempting target and a potential threat if he turns them in next turn and does a kamikaze strike.

If I were HW, I'd go for depriving Fezzy of the regional bonus, but it is (of course) up to him how much risk he wants to take.  After all, it's the name of the game.

Oh, and if Josh has cards and is in a vindictive mood, Sensei might've made a very bad mistake, though I'd hope Josh would pay more attention to the Green Armies slowly moving eastward than the Yellow ones at his tail.

Sensei...doesn't really have a lot of good options unless he has cards and Josh/Fezzy don't take away his Southeastern regional bonus.  If so, his smartest short term tactic might be a crippling blow against Lewis, who has access to a great many reinforcements right now and has to come through Sensei to succeed.  However, that would leave him vulnerable to Fezzy and...you know the rest.

If nothing else, Fezzy's position is desirable because there's no one at his rear he has to watch.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »

Before I carry out HW's latest orders, I need to say this.  I've received a second complaint from another player about the direction that the commentary from non-players has been taking.  Specifically; the criticism is increasingly unconstructive, and the 'tactical advice' is becoming more and more prejudicial, and seems more like browbeating.

I'm not going to start defining exactly what is acceptable and what is not, so I think it would probably be better if all commentary from those who aren't actually playing the game was kept out of this thread for now.

Thanks.

All right, you're the boss.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »

Nice to see that my boys the Most Serene Republic of Arkansas are still in this!  Go neutral powers!

(This is not commentary.)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »

Nice to see that my boys the Most Serene Republic of Arkansas are still in this!  Go neutral powers!

(This is not commentary.)

COMMENTARY ALERT !!11!

Oh yeah?

See?  If René Magritte can claim it, so can I.  Call my last comment The Treachery of Commentary.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

Just out of curiosity, did you have an alliance with Fezzy?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00:52 PM »

Attacks (cont.)

Maryland invades Delaware (Lewis Trondheim) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Delaware.

Sensei [10] rolls 3 dice: 4 2 1
Lewis Trondheim [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Sensei loses 1 battalion

Sensei [9] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
Lewis Trondheim [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Lewis Trondheim loses 1 battalion

Sensei conquers Delaware and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Maryland.

----------

Delaware invades New Jersey (Lewis Trondheim) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend New Jersey.

Sensei [8] rolls 3 dice: 2 2 2
Lewis Trondheim [1] rolls 1 die: 2
Sensei loses 1 battalion

Sensei [7] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
Lewis Trondheim [1] rolls 1 die: 1

Sensei conquers New Jersey and places 7 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Delaware.

----------

New Jersey invades Pennsylvania (Lewis Trondheim) with 6 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Pennsylvania.

Sensei [6] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 3
Lewis Trondheim [1] rolls 1 die: 2

Sensei conquers Pennsylvania and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Jersey.

----------

Awaiting further instructions

Temporary map

Lewis' men are making a decent accounting for themselves.  Not stunningly so, but two battles in a row where a territory with only one battalion on it takes one of the invading army with them is decent in Risk.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:20 AM »

Without giving my opinions as to Sensei's strategy (hey, he crossed the Rubicon), I actually like (within limit) the delay between the order and the dice-rolling in this version.  Two evenly matched territories go to battle.  The suspense is enthralling, even if the move doesn't have much longterm significance.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Question...

Will the next game just be Domination, or will you be doing the other variants too?  If so, would there be a chance of getting into, say, two out of three?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2008, 05:44:16 PM by Sir Roderic Murgatroyd, 21st Baronet Ruddigore »

Alright I'm going for the big one...

Attack Arkansas from Louisiana do or die.

Attacks (cont.)

Louisiana invades Arkansas (Neutral Army) with 25 battalions available to attack, while 6 battalions will defend Arkansas.

Fezzyfestoon [25] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 2
Neutral Army [6] rolls 2 dice: 5 5
Fezzyfestoon loses 2 battalions

Fezzyfestoon [23] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 1
Neutral Army [6] rolls 2 dice: 5 2
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Fezzyfestoon [22] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
Neutral Army [5] rolls 2 dice: 6 6

Fezzyfestoon [20] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 3
Neutral Army [5] rolls 2 dice: 6 5

Fezzyfestoon [18] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 1
Neutral Army [5] rolls 2 dice: 6 2

Fezzyfestoon [17] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1
Neutral Army [4] rolls 2 dice: 5 4

Fezzyfestoon [15] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 4
Neutral Army [4] rolls 2 dice: 6 5

Fezzyfestoon [13] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1
Neutral Army [4] rolls 2 dice: 4 1
Neutral Army loses 2 battalions

Fezzyfestoon [13] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 1
Neutral Army [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 5

Fezzyfestoon [11] rolls 3 dice: 6 2 1
Neutral Army [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 2

Fezzyfestoon [9] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 3
Neutral Army [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 1

Fezzyfestoon [8] rolls 3 dice: 3 2 1
Neutral Army [1] rolls 1 die: 4
Fezzyfestoon loses 1 battalion

Fezzyfestoon [7] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 2
Neutral Army [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Fezzyfestoon loses 1 battalion

Fezzyfestoon [6] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 1
Neutral Army [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Neutral Army loses 1 battalion

Fezzyfestoon conquers Arkansas and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Louisiana.

----------

* General Fezzyfestoon has taken control of the South region *

----------

Awaiting further instructions

NOOOO!  The Most Serene Republic of Arkansas has fallen!  Fezzy taking Little Rock, the biggest catastrophe since the fall of Constantinople!

At least they put up one HELL of an accounting for themselves.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »

The battle for New York is reaching epic propotions.

Exactly.  Reminds me of the Revolutionary War.  Not that it matters, in the end.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

Indeed: congratulations, Fezzy.  I enjoyed watching this game.  Joe, take some time off after this one, but I hope you eventually decide to do another.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »

Yes, congrats, Fezzy.  You played very well, and it's nice to see at least one contest tonight where the best candidate won.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »

FYI, the sign-up thread for the next game will open soon after Christmas; definitely before the New Year. Smiley

I'm glad to see you're up for this again.  Smiley  Um...I'll be gone between the 28th and the 1st, so could soon after Christmas be, like, soon after Christmas?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies