The Atlasian Sol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sol  (Read 2485 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 05:05:33 AM »

wiki updating is the responsibility of the Attorney General, not the GM.

OK - my bad - I just think it's kinda odd that there's no entry for the country of Atlasia.

We'd need to agree on what Atlasia is first.  Which is, surprisingly, quite difficult.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 06:52:28 AM »

I try to put the Atlasian law pages (I added the 2 latest amendments on the weekend) and regularly update regional, and office holder pages but I'm with Jesus on saying Senators, Governors, Lt. Governors should also do their part.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 07:33:17 AM »

And Al, just because you abolished the gm of the first creation doesn't mean we can't create a new position of the same name.

Technically true. But such a position would have no real legitimacy; that is if we assume that the GM had authority beyond the Constitution and so on.

But, actually, all this sort of thing misses something important; a successor position to the GM already exists. The office happens to be vacant right now, but the Media Regulator can be appointed via the GM Act (in fact I think this is the only way that one can be appointed).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 08:04:32 AM »

It is my every plan to fight to re create the GM position to its former glory,

Don't recall the GM position being one associated with much in the way of glory. Tended to be the opposite really.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm doing no such thing. Just trying to stop people from doing certain things that would be very, very stupid. And some of the suggestions in this thread are actually far, far worse than that...

You can actually. Just ask to be nominated as Media Regulator. Appointments to that position are to be made under the GM Act as all references in Law to the GM apply to the position of Regulator.

Seeing someone say that almost makes me feel nostalgic.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »

wiki updating is the responsibility of the Attorney General, not the GM.

OK - my bad - I just think it's kinda odd that there's no entry for the country of Atlasia.

If you think it's important, put one up!

My thoughts exactly. It is funny that Inks mentions it, as I was noticing there was no page for Atlasia just last week. I considered creating one, but I didn't know what to say!

As for moderating the Wiki, I would hope that everyone can update pages they are familiar with. I make sure all of the Pacific-related pages are up to date, and I would hope that the Governors or Lt. Governors of other regions are doing the same. I also update the JCP page occasionally, too. I'm the Governor of the Pacific and the Chairman of the JCP, so I update pages on subjects I have full knowledge of. Perhaps it is the Attorney General's job to update the Wiki, but it certainly would not hurt for Senators to make sure all of the Senate-related pages are up-to-date, or the Justices with pages relating to the Supreme Court and their cases, etc.

As for bringing back the GM, I must say I am fairly skeptical of the idea. Especially after Al turned my defending of the Pacific against rebels into the mass murder of civilians.

Oh - I'd be willing to update it - I'd love to do that - I just want somebody to start it for me, since I haven't been here THAT long - you know, somebody who knows what they'd be talking about (Jesus, Alcon, Gabu, etc...).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

I really dont want to go diggin through the government page for an eternity...does anyone have a copy of the GM Act on them?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

I really dont want to go diggin through the government page for an eternity...does anyone have a copy of the GM Act on them?

GM Act: Senate Debate
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »

Much appreciated, Mr. Vice President.

So wait, where does this Media Regulator thing come into play in regards to this bill, Al?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 12:36:26 PM »

So wait, where does this Media Regulator thing come into play in regards to this bill, Al?

FTR, the thread where Al created the idea of a Media Regulator and the Contract is here.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »

FTR, the thread where Al created the idea of a Media Regulator and the Contract is here.
None of this was officially passed, I assume, in which case the laws of the GM act would still apply, and soley apply?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2007, 12:45:58 PM by Jas »

None of this was officially passed, I assume, in which case the laws of the GM act would still apply, and soley apply?

In strict legal terms, yes, you're probably correct.
But this is conditional on the understanding that the GM operates within the context of Atlasian law - which is likely to be a matter of dispute.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »

In strict legal terms, yes, you're probably correct.

In that case, I make a formal request to President Wixted to begin an active search for a nominee for the position.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »

No, none of it is statute. It was passed by the GM who operated outside the Senate-monolith in the way that a political party operates outside it. GM reform was fundamentally a matter of internal regulation.

Btw, good luck to you if you're serious about this. I hope that the (as yet untested) reforms I came up with have turned the position of, well, let us say the owner of the sweatshop that produces news, from something verging on a nightmare to something more managable.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 06:34:06 PM »

No, none of it is statute. It was passed by the GM who operated outside the Senate-monolith in the way that a political party operates outside it. GM reform was fundamentally a matter of internal regulation.

Btw, good luck to you if you're serious about this. I hope that the (as yet untested) reforms I came up with have turned the position of, well, let us say the owner of the sweatshop that produces news, from something verging on a nightmare to something more managable.
Thank you sir. If I am chosen for this, I will follow The Contract to the best of my abilities.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »

A team will fail. We cant have that many people and expect the activity to survive.
Well obviously there would be one chief GM delegating tasks for others.  I would be willing to serve on a GM team.  I'm sure there might be other atlasians interested.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »

Well, anyone interested in seriously contributing, gimme a PM. Also, I push the president to take some action on this when he can.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »

Hey, no one can say I didnt try. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies