RedState.org bans supporting Ron Paul
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:33:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  RedState.org bans supporting Ron Paul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RedState.org bans supporting Ron Paul  (Read 3145 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »

They've got so far off the deep end that a  pro-life conservative who was an early supporter of Ronald Reagan is too much of a RINO for them.

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/leon_h_wolf/2007/oct/22/attention_ron_paul_supporters_life_is_really_not_fair

RINO?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

Absurd and utterly fascist. It makes me want "pimp" Ron Paul around here more.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 10:36:28 PM »

Well, no sh**t...  electionprojection.com has banned ANY comments.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »

How typical.  They can dish it out all day long... but they can't take it.

OMG.. The LIBRULS are taking over.. those PESKY democRATS!!!!  We better stifle them now and send them away!!@@!@34
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »

How typical.  They can dish it out all day long... but they can't take it.

OMG.. The LIBRULS are taking over.. those PESKY democRATS!!!!  We better stifle them now and send them away!!@@!@34

You mean LIBRUL DEMONRATSss5ss5ss5
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:21:18 PM »

Redstate.org = the conservative version of DailyKos.

Enough said.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »

Enough said.

Agreed, anyone who supports Kos and DU and rips on "Republicans" for limtiing debate on Redstate.org is a hypocrite.  I would remind everyone here that Ron Paul has been at every Republican Party debate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:52:46 PM »

Enough said.

Agreed, anyone who supports Kos and DU and rips on "Republicans" for limtiing debate on Redstate.org is a hypocrite.  I would remind everyone here that Ron Paul has been at every Republican Party debate.

Ron Paul is a Republican who led the Texas delegation in supporting Reagan in 1976, so I fail to see your point. Clinton isn't so popular at DailyKos, but there's no restriction on posting comments or diaries in favor of her.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »

Just to clear up facts, the site banned new members from posting about Paul. Older members may do so.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 07:24:39 PM »

Enough said.

Ron Paul is a Republican who led the Texas delegation in supporting Reagan in 1976, so I fail to see your point. Clinton isn't so popular at DailyKos, but there's no restriction on posting comments or diaries in favor of her.

But there is a restriction about supporting Cindy Sheehan in her bid for Congress.  Six in one hand, half-a-dozen in the other.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »

Um... there's also a restriction against supporting Republicans and Green party candidates. Last I checked, Ron Paul is a Republican, he's just not a crazy one like the rest of the RedStaters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

Enough said.

But there is a restriction about supporting Cindy Sheehan in her bid for Congress.  Six in one hand, half-a-dozen in the other.

Umm, I see pro Sheehan comments and diaries all the time there.
Know Your Rights!
ABAsite
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »

Just to clear up facts, the site banned new members from posting about Paul. Older members may do so.

They're a private institution and certainly have the right to do so. It sucks, but I don't go there anyway.

For anyone that does: Was it that much of a problem?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 01:18:52 AM »

Enough said.

http://cindysheehan.dailykos.com/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 01:33:41 AM »

Enough said.

Let's see..... Cindy Sheehan can still post on DailyKos, she posted a comment a couple of weeks ago telling people to vote for her. There have also been recent diaries supporting her run as an Independent, such as this one.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/10/143230/71

Mean while, Ron Paul is a long time Republican member of the House who was a leading supporter of Ronald Reagan in 1976.

I fail to see how these situations compare.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:51:30 AM »

Enough said.

Let's see..... Cindy Sheehan can still post on DailyKos, she posted a comment a couple of weeks ago telling people to vote for her. There have also been recent diaries supporting her run as an Independent, such as this one.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/10/143230/71

Mean while, Ron Paul is a long time Republican member of the House who was a leading supporter of Ronald Reagan in 1976.

I fail to see how these situations compare.

Joe Lieberman was a longtime Democrat... etc... etc, but pro-Lieberman statements were likely to get you kicked off DU even before the Democrats as a party went totally postal on him.

Irregardless, you are missing the larger point which is that this action if a far cry from constituting a "Republican" action and that ignoring the errors in one group while jumping on those of another only makes it even more obvious what I hack someone is... not that there remains any doubt in anyones mind that you are, indeed, a hack.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 01:54:14 AM »

Wrong. Support of Lieberman on DU was not banned until AFTER he lost the primary. Prior to that there actually were a few Lieberman supporters, most were banned afterwards, but not for supporting Lieberman, but because they were supporting a third party candidate over the Democratic nominee.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 02:05:56 AM »

Wrong. Support of Lieberman on DU was not banned until AFTER he lost the primary. Prior to that there actually were a few Lieberman supporters, most were banned afterwards, but not for supporting Lieberman, but because they were supporting a third party candidate over the Democratic nominee.

Yup... that's freedom of choice for you.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 02:12:29 AM »

And... BTW... the fact that they waited to ban them until after he lost makes them so much better than these people.  Again, I think you are a bit too caught up in the specifics to see the point I am acctually making.  I guess it is part-in-parcel and I should expect it.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »

But anyone supporting Lieberman after the primary was banned because they were supporting a third party candidate over the Democratic nominee. You're not allowed to support non-Democratic candidates on DU.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »

Couldn't give a monkeys Wink whether they have or they haven't

Dave
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »

But anyone supporting Lieberman after the primary was banned because they were supporting a third party candidate over the Democratic nominee. You're not allowed to support non-Democratic candidates on DU.

I see.  There are alot of people on DU who have portraits of communist symbols and figures in thier profiles and have openly talked about supporting extreme left-wing candidates.  I mean, the very act of showing communist support means that you support a party other than the Democrats since there are several communist parties in America.  Why don't they get kicked off?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

The censorship on DU and redstate is completely digusting.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »

that's assinine.

DU is bad, but they don't ban their own people.

The censorship on DU and redstate is completely digusting.

You mean as in "ewwwwwww...partisan sex"
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »

the most annoying ron paul supporters are 'liberal' 'democrats'.

i dont think it is very liberal to hate poors.  but what do i know..
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies