Tom Tancredo Calls for Raid on Durbin's Press Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tom Tancredo Calls for Raid on Durbin's Press Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tom Tancredo Calls for Raid on Durbin's Press Conference  (Read 2754 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: October 24, 2007, 03:20:32 PM »

Anyway - no sane general is going to tell you that allowing illegals into the army is a good thing.  You'll have Chinese and Arabs crawling all over the place, and then the end of the U.S.
No offense, but you're probably the most tactless poster on this site.

And your blog post excerpt sounds like something from the Colbert Report. It truly borders pm self-parody."Americans will cease to be Americans?" lol. Illegal immigration will lead to America's downfall? Are you kidding me? What it will (and has lead to) is merely the cheap exploitation of labor by corporations as our beloved politicians toe their delicate line, attempting to neither offend their corporate sponsors or legal immigrants. So bottom line, you have a continuation of the status-quo, which, I'm sure, is killing America.

And Al Qaeda isn't going to infiltrate the military because of this policy. After 9/11, they've become a rather decentralized organization, with most of their self-affiliated members having little connections outside their respective nations. Thus, were Al Qaeda to infiltrate the military,   it'd probably be done with 'home-grown' U.S. citizens. Even then, I'm sure we have some counter-intelligence assets to stop this kind of thing.

And I also notice you have an esoteric propensity of caring about the most trivial things. How does it affect you, or anyone else for that matter, if schools offer math classes in a foreign language? Does it hurt you or your peers in anyway? Does God kill a kitten every time a teacher teaches implicit differentiation in Spanish? Why on earth are you so authoritarian? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I don't quite understand your justification behind your viewpoints.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:04:38 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2007, 05:25:06 PM by Boris »

Anyway - no sane general is going to tell you that allowing illegals into the army is a good thing.  You'll have Chinese and Arabs crawling all over the place, and then the end of the U.S.
And I also notice you have an esoteric propensity of caring about the most trivial things. How does it affect you, or anyone else for that matter, if schools offer math classes in a foreign language? Does it hurt you or your peers in anyway? Does God kill a kitten every time a teacher teaches implicit differentiation in Spanish? Why on earth are you so authoritarian? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I don't quite understand your justification behind your viewpoints.

Because that's my taxpayer money going to a system that's already overly-funded and wastes HUGE amounts of money.

Not that your fiscal conservatism is particularly consistent, but many public schools already have ESL programs that offer assistance to students whose English is subpar. Obviously, this differs from state to state and district by district, but such a mandatory requirement of core classes available in a multitude of languages wouldn't be enacted without strong popular support, something that poor Hispanics would be unable to bring about.

And I think you meant to say "George Wallace" instead of "George McGovern," but even then, I don't quite see what your point is (especially because Wallace's 'racism' and subsequent 'conversion' were almost certainly politically motivated). The comparison between Tancredo and McCarthy is an apt one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies