If housepets were libertarians.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If housepets were libertarians.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If housepets were libertarians....  (Read 5447 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: August 02, 2004, 06:17:23 PM »

MarkDel- That is why my avatar is orange not yellow. The libertarian philosophy is tough to argue against because it is so totally internally consistent. The problem is people are not internally consistent. What I think I hear you saying is we need more libertarian beliefs injected in the public debate but it would be dangerous to turn government over to pure libertarians.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I am saying. Most of my beliefs and values are profoundly libertarian, but I realize there are limitations to the theory. Also, the Libertarian Party has really, REALLY missed the boat when it comes to matters of national security. Hopeful isolationism is a prescription for disaster, and that's the MAIN reason why I could never join the Libertarian Party...even though I have more beliefs and values in common with that party than the Republicans...and certainly more than the modern Democrats.

You and John Dibble were right on target in your comments.

I agree with that too. I'm also pretty libertarian really, but I think they're too extreme.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies