How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:51:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out.  (Read 6393 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: November 02, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »

How closely did you follow the 2003 race?

And why did Ronnie Musgrove lose? I followed that race at the time but I've forgotten the details now. Except that Haley Barbour likes IHOP and Denny's too much. I'm not trying to be mean just for the sake of it, but can anyone think of a fatter elected State official (besides Ted Kennedy, who the right has this boring obsession with). I'm sure he's not alone.

The big political news that month for me (Nov. 2003) was Howard Dean's choice whether to forgo public financing, and why his poll numbers were still so low nationwide. I was very glad that Blanco won Louisiana. In hindsight, it would have been better if Jindal had won then, so he'd be blamed for the Katrina mess (which would have been just as bad under him).

That reminds me. Its the Atlas Forum's 4th Anniversary.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:25:36 AM »

In hindsight, it would have been better if Jindal had won then, so he'd be blamed for the Katrina mess (which would have been just as bad under him).

In hindsight, it would have been better if the mess hadn't been as bad.  And the school buses hadn't just sat there.

We'll never know. Blanco could have made the call to use the buses, but it was Ray Nagin's job first. He failed, yet was re-elected (partly due to the fact that Mitch Landrieu was perceived as a social liberal).

The National Review had a picture of those buses on its cover, the week after the storm. Conservatives seem to cling to that one detail of the whole Katrina disaster, and forget almost everything else. Such as, the National Guard being in Iraq instead of allowed to help in Louisiana.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies