How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the Mississippi's Governors race play out.  (Read 6392 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: October 25, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »

I hate that picture you have...such a horrible game. We Tigers have turned things around since. This weekend is Ole Miss vs. Auburn at Auburn. I'm assuming you are a MS state fan?
Oh yeah.  I'm a student at MSU and a lifelong football fan....this whole decade has been indescribably awful, and it looks like we may finally be looking up.  I am a member of the marching band and go to all the road games I can.  I was there at Jordan-Hare that day and watching Brandon Cox's 4th and goal pass hit the ground harmlessly is probably one of the top 10 memories of my life.  To be in the sliver of the stadium of MSU fans going orgasmically wild and looking around at 80,000 stunned Tiger fans was amazing.

I think he may get more than a few. Mississippi gubernatorial races are usually highly competitive.
It should be closer than Bush/Kerry for sure.  Barbour will probably slightly improve on his 2003 % and get around 53-54%.  Eaves is a good candidate for a Mississippi Democrat and should keep it close, but I just don't see him taking down the Barbour juggernaught, unfortunately.  It doesn't help that our downballot candidates aren't particularly strong outside of lt. gov. and insurance commish.
Don't let fundraising numbers fool you...Eaves isn't raising money but self-financing his campaign entirely, and using it as a campaign point to show how he's not in anyone's pocket.

How do you tink the state House and Senate races will turn out?  What will the new legislature look like?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:31:13 PM »

Barbour 54%
Eaves 45%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies