So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina  (Read 4849 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 03:37:58 AM »

A new Public Policy Polling (D) survey in North Carolina finds Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-NC) beating Jim Neal (D) in her re-election race, 47% to 32%.

"Neal performs similarly to other Democrats that lack statewide name recognition. His results are similar to Grier Martin, Kay Hagan and Jerry Meek. Dole is still below the 50% mark."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/10/24/dole_ahead_of_neal_in_north_carolina_but_below_50.html
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 03:41:25 AM »

Elsewhere known as "Garin-Hart-Yang for Dummies."
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 03:45:33 AM »

Once North Carolina finds out Neal is gay, his numbers can only go up!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »

Once North Carolina finds out Neal is gay, his numbers can only go up!

Well, it is certainly important for candidates to be happy.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »

Jesus, the society we live in. This shouldnt even be in consideration.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Interesting. I suppose this is why some people say its a choice.

It would make a difference to me.  Besides, I know for a fact it is a choice.  The Bible says God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  If God created every human being and he made them in His image, and He is not gay, then there is not a single soul on the face of this earth that ever lived or lives today or that will live in the future that has been born gay.  It just doesn't happen.  I am correct about that, too.  I know I am right, not because I said so, but thats what God's Word says.  It doesn't matter if you believe that or not, because ITS THE TRUTH.

There is a saying that says "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it.".  I like to rephrase that, "The Bible said it and that settles it, so I believe it."

Wow. You disgust me.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »

On the other hand, people are willing to swear that homosexuality is not a choice.  Interesting.  What makes them think they know how God operates any more than any one else.

I don't know or care how God operates, but I know how I operate, and I know what "choice" means. What more do I need to know?

I've been having this stupid argument on and off with people for 15 years, and it's never been worth it. BushOklahoma: either you respect gay people as humans like you, no matter what you think of our "lifestyle," in the sense that you don't presume us to be pathological liars or people who are utterly clueless about how our own lives work. That's all I ask. I won't put your faith in the same category as Dennis Kucinich claiming to talk to UFOs on Shirley MacLaine's back deck, you don't look me in my cyber-eye and tell me I'm lying when I say it's not a choice.

Now, living in North Carolina, that's a choice.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »

Please knock it off, folks.  Save the discussion about gays choose to be gay or don't for another forum.

Thanks.

I didn't think the Democrats were going to run a competitive campaign regardless of who was nominated.  Dole is stronger than she looks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »

Please knock it off, folks.  Save the discussion about gays choose to be gay or don't for another forum.

Thanks.

I didn't think the Democrats were going to run a competitive campaign regardless of who was nominated.  Dole is stronger than she looks.

Sorry, Sam and thank you.  I couldn't help myself when somebody attacked me about my feelings about homosexuality when I just told them my view on the NC race.  I wasn't trying to go there, but when people start attacking my views for no reason, I have to respond.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »

neal was always a sacrificial lamb.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »

The Republicans need SOME good news.  I don't want them to be totally shut out for the second straight election.

Why not? The GOP got what they royally deserved in 2006. Besides, they might retain the presidency yet.

Dave
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:50 AM »

Thanks.

Sorry, Sam and thank you.  I couldn't help myself when somebody attacked me about my feelings about homosexuality when I just told them my view on the NC race.  I wasn't trying to go there, but when people start attacking my views for no reason, I have to respond.

There's a reason dude.  And your views are an attack.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »

I'm sure a competitive challenger will eventually emerge. Dole is quite beatable.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »

There is discussion about State Senator Kay Hagan being wooed by the DSCC to re-enter the race. 

Even before Jim Neal outed himself, Kay Hagan was looking at getting back in the U.S. Senate race. Now she’s getting more encouragement – from home and from Washington. Hagan, a state senator from Greensboro, had looked at running earlier. She pulled back because Senator Charles Schumer from New York, who chairs the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, was intent on recruiting Grier Martin. Martin eventually opted out.

Now Hagan is reconsidering. She’s being wooed by North Carolina Democrats – and by Schumer. The garrulous New Yorker’s first task was to eat crow with Hagan.

http://bluenc.com/hagan-being-courted-to-challenge-neal%3F
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »

I just go with what the Bible tells me, and it says in Leviticus 18:22 "Do not lie with mankind as with womankind", meaning don't even think about having sex with another of the same gender.

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." Leviticus 20:9

Do you support the death penalty for kids swearing at their parents?

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Leviticus 19:27

All shaving is wrong?

"do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." Leviticus 19:19"

You ever done that?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

At this point, Democrats might as well just run Erskine Bowles again.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »

what about former lt. governor dennis wicker?  sure, hed lose, but he could keep it respectable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

I think Dole is almost a lock to win this one, so I would tell the Democrats to hold off and focus on other, more plausible, battles in 2008 and wait on North Carolina until 2010 and get a fresh start against Richard Burr.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 02:09:14 PM »

I hear Harvey Gantt is still alive!
Conan
conan

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »

Jesus, the society we live in. This shouldnt even be in consideration.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Interesting. I suppose this is why some people say its a choice.

It would make a difference to me.  Besides, I know for a fact it is a choice.  The Bible says God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  If God created every human being and he made them in His image, and He is not gay, then there is not a single soul on the face of this earth that ever lived or lives today or that will live in the future that has been born gay.  It just doesn't happen.  I am correct about that, too.  I know I am right, not because I said so, but thats what God's Word says.  It doesn't matter if you believe that or not, because ITS THE TRUTH.

There is a saying that says "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it.".  I like to rephrase that, "The Bible said it and that settles it, so I believe it."
I saw the movie the Matrix, so we are definitely enslaved beings in an artificial world.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »

State Senator Kay Hagan has been recruited by the DSCC, and is now entering this race:

http://www.swingstateproject.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=985
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

What a retard. Why didn't he just stay closeted? Doesn't he care about Gays and himself to realize that he needs to be in Congress in order to make an impact.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »

What a retard. Why didn't he just stay closeted? Doesn't he care about Gays and himself to realize that he needs to be in Congress in order to make an impact.

He didn't hold a press conference and announce he was gay or anything like that.  He was asked a question, he gave an honest answer.  Its unfortunate and down right disgusting that simply being gay is reason enough not to vote for someone in the minds of some people, and admitting he was gay probably hurts him especially since he is from the south.  However, the fact he gave an honest answer to the question is refreshing.  The hate mongering right wing attack machine would probably have been worse if he said he wasn't and then a month from the election we find out he is gay.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »

And you're a Democrat.  Wonderful.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »

It took a lot of courage to put Neal in his place.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »

http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/754348.html

New entrant for Senate on the Democratic side.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies