Why is this forum so anti-alcohol?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why is this forum so anti-alcohol?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why is this forum so anti-alcohol?  (Read 4000 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2007, 03:54:48 PM »

It is way more anti-alcohol than you'd expect for a forum with these age demographics. For such of one you'd expect to have everyone being crazy about drinking.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »

It is way more anti-alcohol than you'd expect for a forum with these age demographics. For such of one you'd expect to have everyone being crazy about drinking.

It is?

For me, the answer is life (well I'm not Anti-Alcohol, just anti-Excess when it effects other people other than the individual involved; aswell as the emotional issues often associated with binge drinking.)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »

I don't think this forum is anit-alcohol, I just think alot of people think it is just a waste of time and money to drink alcohol.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »

It is?

For me, the answer is life (well I'm not Anti-Alcohol, just anti-Excess when it effects other people other than the individual involved; aswell as the emotional issues often associated with binge drinking.)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »

I don't particularly care what other people do with their lives as far as alcohol is concerned.  I don't drink to excess any more due to the severe trouble it caused me, and these days I just laugh at drunk people.  (Emphasis on "at".)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 04:13:25 PM »

Drunk people are funny. They should be laughed at. Another reason why alcohol is awesome.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

Drunk people are funny. They should be laughed at. Another reason why alcohol is awesome.

Once again, you're presenting your opinion as an undeniable fact.  It's one of the many things about you that irritate the rest of us.  Just an FYI.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »

Outside the Big 10, there are cultures that use alcohol and still have streets that are not canals of vomit.  This does not mean they are "anti-alcohol."
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 05:07:47 PM »

It is? I think just some people would rather not tell everyone there alcohol exploits and stories like you do BRTD. I happen to like drinking, though I don't get drunk, but you don't see me giving a blow by blow of my weekends on the forum to people.

Well I have to agree that sometimes they are funny but drunk people can also be destructive and can hurt others. Also you have to remember that people can get addicted to alcohol, just like anything else, and can be hurt by their drinking.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »

Err...I drink...not as heavily...if only because I need my brain more than ever in law school (Undergrad=breeze compared to this $hit).

I should start one of my, what are you drinking tonight threads.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 05:43:38 PM »

I don't think this forum is anit-alcohol, I just think alot of people think it is just a waste of time and money to drink alcohol.

Also, unlike the "college kid drunks" BRTD are referring to, most of you kids on here actually "think," showing a sign of maturity that the drinkers tend to lack.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »

Once again, you're presenting your opinion as an undeniable fact.  It's one of the many things about you that irritate the rest of us.  Just an FYI.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »

Just because you're not all YAY! about alcohol doens't mean you're against it.  I don't drink - and I oppose underage drinking, but I'm not anti-alcohol.  I'll drink when I'm of age, and my parents drink too.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »

This forum seems even more anti-LSD.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of hate against Mormons.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2007, 07:53:31 PM by BushOklahoma »

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of hate against Mormons.

Um... That would be LDS.

I prefer not to drink, never have, and probably never will as it against my personal beliefs.  What others do with their free time and money is up to them as long as it doesn't affect me and as long they don't get behind the wheel.  If I ever had anything, I might just have a little red or white wine, but no heavy alcohol.  The only alcohol I've had to date is accidentally swallowing my mouthwash, mainly when someone startled me while I was swishing that around in my mouth.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 07:58:21 PM »

The kind of person who would regularly post on Atlas Forum is not likely to have experimented with drugs.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 08:20:12 PM »

it is about personal choice, brtd.  arent you a member of the pro choice party?...but i digress.

im a drinker.  but im not a brtd-esque...hery loiook at me..,.,mim drunk offof iccees and cvodka!!!11
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »

I think lots of people missed the point, lots of forum members don't drink, period. It's not an issue of just not wanting to hear about it, many just don't drink, a far lower percentage than you'd expect for the age demographics.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »

Why are you so pro-alcohol?
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »

The smell of beer on someone's breath is one of the most disgusting smells known to man.

Why do people drink so much? Do they enjoy vomiting? When I've been sick, throwing up is the worst part of it. Why would I intenionally cause that reaction? Thats why I don't drink.

I don't like beer, wine or any carbonated drinks. The only alcoholic drink I like is Bailey's Irish Cream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, because I don't want to send a PM to someone who proudly denigrates me and my people:

BushOklahoma thinks I'm going to burn in hell. He's otherwise a normal person, but because its part of his "belief system", its acceptable for him to think that, and still be considered normal. What is most degrading to us is that he thinks its okay, because he prays for "all sinners", implying that just being who we are makes us filthy dirty moral deviants.

This is just like the comment Dazzleman made that time about how all parents of gay kids are secretly disappointed and ashamed. He and BushOklahoma think they are just stating an opinion. They have no idea how targeted it makes us feel.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »

It's fun.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

so is whacking off, but i dont see you posting 5 threads per day on that subject.

oh goodness.  i hope i didnt give you any ideas.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2007, 11:02:57 PM by BushOklahoma »

The smell of beer on someone's breath is one of the most disgusting smells known to man.

Why do people drink so much? Do they enjoy vomiting? When I've been sick, throwing up is the worst part of it. Why would I intenionally cause that reaction? Thats why I don't drink.

I don't like beer, wine or any carbonated drinks. The only alcoholic drink I like is Bailey's Irish Cream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, because I don't want to send a PM to someone who proudly denigrates me and my people:

BushOklahoma thinks I'm going to burn in hell. He's otherwise a normal person, but because its part of his "belief system", its acceptable for him to think that, and still be considered normal. What is most degrading to us is that he thinks its okay, because he prays for "all sinners", implying that just being who we are makes us filthy dirty moral deviants.

This is just like the comment Dazzleman made that time about how all parents of gay kids are secretly disappointed and ashamed. He and BushOklahoma think they are just stating an opinion. They have no idea how targeted it makes us feel.

Wow...  It looks to me as though you're just trying to start another fight.

I'm not going to dignify that with a response, because you will not let it go.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 11:11:35 PM »

Wow...  It looks to me as though you're just trying to start another fight.

I'm not going to dignify that with a response, because you will not let it go.

Of course you won't dignify it with a response. Because if you realized the hurt that your words caused, your belief system would be challenged.

And I am not "starting another fight". This whole incident was started by one person---You. You have only yourself to blame. You cannot say slur an entire segment of the U.S. Population and expect everyone to forget it in 10 minutes because you say "oh I was tired". I was deeply offended by what you wrote and I have every right to be upset by it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies