Handzus26 Campaign Begins in Philadelphia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:59:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Handzus26 Campaign Begins in Philadelphia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Handzus26 Campaign Begins in Philadelphia  (Read 702 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2004, 01:56:55 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2004, 02:03:07 AM by Senate Candidate Handzus26 »

From the Steps of the Art Museum in Philadelphia...

Ladies and Gentlemen.  I would like to introduce a man from just a few miles away.  He grew up in a working class rowhome in nearby Northeast Philadelphia.  He is asking to be your next Senator.  Without further adieu please welcome Handzus26!!!  

(Eye of the Tiger by Survivor playing in the background while Handzus26 approaches the podium)

Thank you!  Thank you!  It great to see so many of you here!  If any of you know the movie "Rocky" you know Sylvester Stallone ran up these very steps many years ago.  He was the underdog going into the boxing ring and he fought so hard to get there. (applause)
Today, I am running for Senate to fight for the poor and middle class that has very much become the underdog in these turbulent times.  I hear too many of you telling me how your health care costs are rising, how your husband or sister got laid off, how you can't afford to send your kids to college.  This is while our government can somehow afford to give tax breaks to our wealthiest citizens and breaks to those who send your jobs offshore.  You are basically subsidizing the loss of your job under current tax code.

What I am trying to fight for is universal health care for all.  That way you do not have to worry about taking a job that doesn't provide it and small businesses can thrive because they can pay less in health care premiums.  We will have the best, single payer system in the world. (applause)  It is a shame that with so many good hospitals right here in Philadelphia, hundreads of thousands of you can not afford to benefit from such excellent doctors.  Some poltiicans are claiming that health care costs are increasing because of patient's suing their doctors.  Let me tell you folks, THAT IS FALSE!  The real issue here is insurance companies that have squandered your premiums in the stock market and lost a lot fo your money.  Folks, this sounds like Enron economics.  I will put a stop to anyone that even thinks of using such unethical practices.

Now I do not want to make this a negative campaign.  The thing is my opponent thinks trickle down economics helps businesses thrive and allows them to hire more workers.  These policies make it even harder for the middle class to achieve the American dream we have enjoyed in the past!  I will strive to make sure our economic policies are in the best interests of Atlasians and stand up for the underdog!

Laides and Gentlemen.  Good Night and may God Bless Atlasia!  (applause)

(Handzus26 leaves the podium to Eye of the Tiger and shakes hands with the crowd)  

Hehe, post #1111 for me!  I announced in post #1000!  Next stop will be in Scranton, PA.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies