Democratic Presidential Debate -- Tuesday, October 30, 2007 -- MSNBC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:49:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democratic Presidential Debate -- Tuesday, October 30, 2007 -- MSNBC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Debate -- Tuesday, October 30, 2007 -- MSNBC  (Read 1602 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »

The Democrats will debate on MSNBC on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 from 8:00-10:00 pm Central Time.  Brian Williams will be the moderator joined by Tim Russert. 

My question is, will Iran be the top issue in this debate?

This will be the official commentary thread.

By the way, there is another Democratic Presidential Debate on CNN on Thursday night, November 15.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2007, 09:58:29 PM by Reluctant Republican »

I heard Gravel would not be in this one. Outrageous!

And no, I think health care and "ending" the war in Iraq will be the main topics. Just a guess though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

I expect Edwards to unload on Clinton. Considering he is even third in Iowa now, he doesn't really have much to lose. Hopefully this will help Obama.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 10:02:31 PM »

I expect Edwards to unload on Clinton. Considering he is even third in Iowa now, he doesn't really have much to lose. Hopefully this will help Obama.

Everyone needs to just stark attacking Clinton pretty much. Maybe if they throw enough mud, something will stick.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

I expect Edwards to unload on Clinton

gross
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »

LOL

congressional fanfic
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 10:46:33 PM »

Cover your eyes if its too much for you. Wink
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »

Yea, probably right.  It's a little surprising to me that Edwards isn't doing all that well.  I expected him to be at least running second right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »

Yea, probably right.  It's a little surprising to me that Edwards isn't doing all that well.  I expected him to be at least running second right now.

Is it possible to start saying the "Top 2" rather than the "Top 3" given Edwards poor performance, and put Edwards on the same level as Richardson?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »

Is it possible to start saying the "Top 2" rather than the "Top 3" given Edwards poor performance, and put Edwards on the same level as Richardson?

That's how I would do it, yea.  Really the fact of the matter is, Edwards is doing only slightly better than the lower polling Democrats like Richardson.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 04:48:43 PM »

just say "Top One" instead
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 05:44:48 PM »

You could say that, but I'm not ready to give Hillary Clinton the nomination, just yet.  She more than likely will get it, but Barack Obama can still come back.  Remember, Howard Dean was the clear frontrunner in late 2003 and then plummeted in January 2004.  I don't think the same thing will happen to Hillary, but you can't rule it out.  John Edwards, on the other hand, is all but out of the race, but, I wouldn't expect him to drop out until just after Super Tuesday on February 5 and before the February 12 states.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

You could say that, but I'm not ready to give Hillary Clinton the nomination, just yet.  She more than likely will get it, but Barack Obama can still come back.  Remember, Howard Dean was the clear frontrunner in late 2003 and then plummeted in January 2004.  I don't think the same thing will happen to Hillary, but you can't rule it out.  John Edwards, on the other hand, is all but out of the race, but, I wouldn't expect him to drop out until just after Super Tuesday on February 5 and before the February 12 states.

I don't see how Edwards is doing worse than Kerry's low spot.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »

If nothing else, he's doing worse in fundraising...despite his difficulties, I think Kerry was still in 2nd in fundraising (even 3rd Q fundraising) at this time in '04.  Edwards is in a distant 3rd in fundraising and has had to accept public matching funds.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »

If nothing else, he's doing worse in fundraising...despite his difficulties, I think Kerry was still in 2nd in fundraising (even 3rd Q fundraising) at this time in '04.  Edwards is in a distant 3rd in fundraising and has had to accept public matching funds.

Kerry's COH was terrible, he actually took out a mortgage to keep his campaign going, which looked pretty desperate. It wasn't like Romney, who decided to fill up his coffers more with loans.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:12 PM »

Remember, Howard Dean was the clear frontrunner in late 2003 and then plummeted in January 2004.  I don't think the same thing will happen to Hillary, but you can't rule it out.

The thing about Howard Dean, though, is that he seemed totally unelectable by anyone's standards save the far left wing of the country.  They created enough buzz around him to the point that the everyday man who doesn't read much into politics thought he was the Dem's best bet right up until he lost Iowa and started screaming wildly about how he was going to go to all these different states.  It was at that point his poll numbers started dropping.

The difference between Hillary and Dean, in terms of their stances in the polls at this time during their respective races, is that Hillary is far far far more electable than Dean ever was and people know this.  Not to mention the fact that she has been building this momentum since the early 90s whereas Dean didn't start planning until 2002-2003 to run for president.  Another difference is money, something Hillary has a lot more of than Dean ever did.

Barring some unforeseen circumstance that changes things drastically, I see nothing stopping Hillary from getting the nomination and ultimately the presidency.  She'll probably still pick Obama to be her VP, so all you Barack lovers shouldn't have too much to worry about.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

Hmm... looks like Obama will go after Clinton at this one too. I suppose its worth a shot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/us/politics/28obama.html?ei=5065&en=364aa6d16277ceb1&ex=1194148800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies